Entries Tagged as 'money'
Before I pass out, I bring you a few of my favorite more-aggressive-than-passive notes from the music clubs of Austin.
First, from Scoot Inn…
More bouncer sass from (I think) Beerland…
And lastly, from Emo’s…
related: I used to be your biggest fan
Tags: Austin · ice · money
Julie spotted this amazing note on New York’s Lower East Side…
(Dude, how ominous are those ellipses?)
related: Movin’ out (Anthony’s song)
Tags: crazypants · money · not-so-veiled threats · Say wha?
This series comes to us from an anonymous office worker in Sydney, Australia, who explains: “Despite our multi-million dollar profits, some people in our office are really attached to our company’s bottom line.”
UPDATE: the saga continues!
related: Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler
Tags: money · office supplies · saga · Sydney
“We really don’t hate the holidays,” says our anonymous foreign-policy elf in Washington, D.C., “just passive-aggressive coworkers.”
related: Perhaps a committee to assess the health of the committee?
Tags: D.C. · e-mail · holiday spirit · money · office · party planning committee · spelling and grammar police
“Our CA (community advisor) posted this friendly note on our bathroom door,” says our submitter, a college student in Milwaukee.
The dorm residents — apparently a libertarian-minded bunch — were pissed about frequent CAD (common area damage) charges for putting recyclables in the trash instead of the mandatory recycling bin. They took a break from ranking up Ron Paul stories on Reddit and Digg to add their two cents here.
Tags: awk abbrev · college life · group bitchfest · itemized list · money · more aggressive than passive · RA · raging against the machine · Wisconsin
I think what fascinates me most about this e-mail, from the head of the party planning committee — excuse me, “fun fund” — at an office in Toronto, is the subject line. Not only does the writer ignore the obvious “let them eat cake,” she vetoes the direct approach (“hey, fatty”) in favor of the utterly nonsensical “for your records.”
(click to enlarge!)
related: If you can afford $10 worth of flair…
Tags: "helpful" advice · Canada · ellipses-crazed · etiquette · money · office · overzealous secretary · party planning committee · Toronto
“Apparently I needed to help pay for the growing Internet bill,” says our anonymous submitter from Boston. “This was the only way I was notified: no connection and a wireless LAN reprogrammed with a new password.”
But password-protecting your network is actually a relatively direct (and dare I say, more effective) approach compared to this…
Tags: actions speak louder · Boston · money · roommates
Thanks to Gina in Flemington, New Jersey for forwarding along these e-mails between a coworker and her former roommate regarding a $22 gas bill. Click to enlarge!
Tags: e-mail · just wondering · money · New Jersey · rebuttals · roommates
As a little weekend bonus, I bring you this screed from the Smith Daily Jolt’s alumnae forum. Yes, it’s long.
[Read more →]
Tags: bathroom · college life · e-mail · garbage · just an asshole · martyr complex · money · not wrong · posted online · rebuttals · roommates · sig o · smoking · that's a fire hazard · TL;DR
The Coast newspaper in Halifax recently invited its readers to share their “passive-aggressive roommate tales.” (Gee, what a novel idea!)
My favorite part:
Excerpts from a 34-point note sent to a former roommate:
2. Your rent was always late and it was not paid in full.
4. You used the dishes and baking ware that we provided to you and often did not clean them, left them to ruin, or left them for someone else to clean because you were too busy rushing out the door to go party when you had all day off. If you have all day off, do something more than try to find someone, anyone to hang out with that night that just so happens to have a car and is willing to pick your lazy ass up.
22. Your friends have no right to use and mess up our bathroom. You have your own, it’s part of your room. Also, if they are going to be putting fruit remains in our garbage can, have them removed before they rot. While we’re on the subject…
23. Fruit flies. Need I say more?
25. We were quite upset that you didn’t buy us anything for Christmas worth more than $3. It’s not the money really, but $1.50 each, that’s just insulting. We noticed that week you borrowed money from your current fling to go out and party. I hope you did buy a self-help book at Chapters like you said you were planning.
29. When people have to work very early in the morning, like at 5am, it’s not very nice to have your loud-mouthed boyfriend chatting with you all night, take it somewhere else. Like his mom’s house where he still lives…
30. The clogged toilet thing, you got off easy on that one. Plumbing and property damage is a lot more important than rushing out the door to hang out with your friends. Prioritize.
33. The comment you made about being the type of person who can’t live with someone is something you should take serious consideration of. How are you going to continue living your faux Sex and the City lifestyle if your goal in life is to find a man you can live with, and if you are not the type of person that can actually live with someone?” B.M.
Full story here; another choice excerpt after the jump.
[Read more →]
Tags: bullet points · Canada · cleaning · dishes · dishwasher · food · Halifax · money · revenge · roommates