Pages: « 114109 108 107 106 105 [104] 103 102 101 100 9985 »

•   0falcon8 bang

just…wow.

is that considered to be a “paved” vacation day?

Oct 11, 2010 at 9:46 pm

The BL has sent me an e-mail asking if I can work for her so she can take her kids out of school and watch the pavers come to pave the dirt road leading to her house. Her kids are 14 and 9 or thereabouts. :|

Oct 11, 2010 at 9:39 pm

Happy Birthday CB!

Just a side note from the mt previous; I really like aaa! :lol:

Oct 11, 2010 at 8:44 am

Thanks, oi…can we switch ages for a few months …I want you to enjoy this party while I suffer youth in your place! :-P

Oct 11, 2010 at 4:37 am

Happy birthday CB! Your life is party CB.

Oct 10, 2010 at 8:11 pm

I mean, any 4th grader knows you go deep at least once hoping for a long pass interference penalty to get into the red-zone!!!…WTF?!?!?!

It’s football, not rocket science!!!!!

Oct 10, 2010 at 4:31 pm

Once again the Chiefs poor head-coaching and lack of a real NFL QB are clearly shown.
    Why did this idiot try a 51-yard FG with a minute and a half left down by ten?? Did he think a 51 yarder is a guarantee? Did he think the onsides kick is a guarantee? That the Colts wouldn’t be in a prevent defense and leave the end zone unprotected?
    There’s a good reason you get the TD, hope you recover the onsides kick, then get into FG range when you’re down by ten points late in the game…not the other fucking way around, IDIOT.

Who runs a two-minute offense without using the side-lines?

Has this coach never heard of not taking points off of the board like he did in the first quarter by going for it on 4th and two in “easy” FG range? Why did they go for the end-zone, when just getting the first down would have given them four chances to go for the end-zone? Just get 1st and goal, asshole!!
    Remember game one on Monday Night Football? He took points off the board that time as well.

I love my Chiefs, but Matt Cassel (happy feet and all) is no NFL QB, and whoever is calling some of these plays needs to be working as equipment manager at best.

Oct 10, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Happy Birthday, CB. Hope you have a good one. Thanks, glo!

Oct 10, 2010 at 2:33 pm

Happy Birthday to dear CB!!!! Wooo hoooo! (Thanks for the reminder, Glo!)

Oct 10, 2010 at 10:03 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CB!!! ♥

Oct 10, 2010 at 8:11 am

times two.

Oct 10, 2010 at 12:47 am

Drunken rambling!

Oct 10, 2010 at 12:45 am

I hate it when people are excited about a project and then suddenly just say “it’s over and I don’t want to talk about it.” A friend asked me to help out with a creative project, we were all excited. Today he messages me that it’s ended and he’s not talking about it.

Oct 9, 2010 at 10:12 am

happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr

Oct 8, 2010 at 7:57 pm

I can’t edit on the MT! Dangnab it! I finally has something that makes me chuckle and I can’t correct a spelling error! AIeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Oct 8, 2010 at 12:40 pm

Kerry? Eerac? Secretariat is over the commment box and I have no idea howmany typos I’m making. Help!

Oct 8, 2010 at 8:01 am

Good morning, (((Glo))).

Was that you slamming the bathroom door in the Q, er…Community this morning?

Have I mentioned how much I abhor piss-poor parenting? I probably have a time or two, huh? LOL
    I really tried not to respond to April, but since I have insomnia and couldn’t sleep tonight, somehow it all just had to be said. Not that anyone needs to agree with me.

Oct 8, 2010 at 6:16 am

Noted, WotV.

I just tried a tango apple, which advertised itself as being similar to the honey crisp, and I liked it – so I will try the honey crisp again, once I work my way through my gala. ;)

Oct 7, 2010 at 4:33 pm

Apparently, my brother in law has decided to try to “physical therapize” me again today. Shit.

Oh, if a lovely lady named Christa peeks in, she’s really quite nice. She asked me to edit her book solely based on my WORD, “I before e except after vodka”. See? She’s one of us.

Oct 7, 2010 at 9:11 am

did i miss the party?

hi se! i’m beans. 23, female, canuck and bad at visiting my lovers here in the Q community.

(to answer rose’s age question… i THINK i’m a wee bit younger than oi, making me the baby, but we fall into the same category, and i’m so distant anyways…)

Oct 6, 2010 at 2:25 pm

Ladies and gents, it is breast cancer awareness month. Check your boobies. I’m participating in boobiewednesday on Twitter – @WotV – hoping to boost cancer awareness…

Oct 6, 2010 at 12:53 pm

Got meds. I am sick of doctors’ offices putting everything on the patients and pharmacies. Blah.

Oct 6, 2010 at 7:47 am

Wo, your doctor’s office should call in your Rx because that’s who is prescribing the meds.

That’s their job, the pharmacy dispenses, the doctor prescribes.

The pharmacy should only be calling the doctor to confirm, not to request.

Oct 6, 2010 at 3:33 am

Wo, hope things get better. Never had to deal with the pharmacy vs. MD run-around in San Diego because I was always with an HMO and the MD’s had to reply to pharmacy messages reasonably quickly.

It’s been a while and I forget if you ever told us the specific diagnosis, but I’d be wary of surgery in the neck area. Mine was lumbar area surgery, which is , although not risk-free, relatively routine these days.

My understanding is that the neck is a more chancy place for sharp tools to be (chancy in a bad way). I have a C-7 nerve impingement whose (which’s) effects are controlled so far by a little nortryptilene/day, but the doctors were very clear that if hadn’t worked they wanted to explore many other approaches before slicing and dicing around my neck. There is a portable, at-home cervical traction unit made by Saunders that allows you to increase or lower the amount of force being applied via a small pump that you operate by hand. It’s used while lying down, so there is no risk of a sudden jolt like the budget over-the-door units. Mine is stored in Anaheim at my step-daughters place and I have no plans to move to down to CR. If you ask your MD or PT about it and they think it might be helpful, I’d be happy to have it shipped to you on a long-term loan basis.

Maybe this will cheer you up…I saw it at the recommendation of a friend who was moved by the song, but check the words on the bass drum.

Oct 6, 2010 at 2:25 am

((((WotV))))
    Some form of hydro-therapy might be gentler? Misdiagnoses, and people not knowing how hard it is for normal people to get the relief they need – grrrr. It sucks how much tape needs to be cut through. Love you, Wo. Sorry for your troubles. Application to be got to. 1.5 hrs writing today. Arm is sore though.
    oi, I am 100 if I am a day ;)

Oct 5, 2010 at 2:59 pm

♥ (((((((((((((((((((((Wo)))))))))))))))))))♥

Oct 5, 2010 at 1:44 pm

RANT WARNING
    The neurologist gave me meds for nerve pain. The prescription said one per day, but he then told me at a subsequent visit to increase it. Well, now I’m out and the pharmacy says they won’t refill it because it’s too soon. So, I call the doctor’s office and after eternal hold they tell me I have to tell the pharmacy to call THEM to get the new prescription. So I call the pharmacy back and they say the doctor should call the pharmacy, not the other way around and I start to cry. I have pain and no meds. The pharmacy promised to try again (I think they weren’t prepared for the sobbing) but so far no new script. To summarize, I am in extreme pain after the PT torture and have no pain meds because of the power struggle between the pharmacy and the doctors. Is it any wonder I want to cry all day?

Oct 5, 2010 at 1:05 pm

Oh Wo. This whole thing just sucks. (gentle hug)

Oct 5, 2010 at 12:41 pm

Mark, if that’s what it takes to fix this pain in my neck? I’ll try it.

Oct 5, 2010 at 12:12 pm

Wo, so you’re saying that your cervix can suck off a surgeon? :shock:

:lol:

Oct 5, 2010 at 11:52 am

Epic physical therapy fail. Nearly passed out in cervical traction. I have flunked out. Now I guess I just have to suck it up and wait for the surgeon.

Oct 5, 2010 at 11:43 am

good Morning ((((CIFs))))!
    awww (((tim0))) love you!
    Well CB that explains why I haven’t find the perfect bf yet.
    ((((wo))))rose my grandma would be 85 if she was with us… I am sure you are not 85 or don’t look like it at least. :P

Oct 5, 2010 at 10:49 am

Why is it that everything that’s good for you hurts or tastes like ass?

Oct 5, 2010 at 9:35 am

oi you’re awesome, I ♥ you!

se let me know when you get here I’ll buy you a beer.
    Sounds like it is time for new kitchen floor (((Glo)))!
    I have to remember to send you the picture of the new kitteh hanging out with me.
    Awwwww (((((((Wo))))))) I hope that it isn’t too bad for you today. I’ll be thinking of you all day. ♥

Oct 5, 2010 at 8:25 am

I have physical therapy, aka medieval torture, today. I hate this. The end.

Oct 5, 2010 at 7:34 am

Oi, I put your description into eHarmony.
    They say your perfect mate is a one-eyed, one-horned flying purple people eater! :-P

Oct 5, 2010 at 12:00 am

Se gotta say you are a charming man. ;) Out of all those color ones only one is true though. Pick whichever you like the most.

Oct 4, 2010 at 9:28 pm

So you have been lurking, se! ;)

You people don’t understand. The kitchen floor is white vinyl. Well, it used to be white. Now it’s greyish-yellowish-brownish with various spots. I’m fairly certain I have all the dog hair off now, but Boots is here for three weeks so it will soon be covered in cat hair and litter. Sigh.

*goes off to get another honeycrisp*

Oct 4, 2010 at 6:44 pm

•   se bang

oi, ” green haired, browned skinned red eyed 25 years old Indian female” ? making this old heart skip a beat. normally, I’d say 25 y/o is too young, but, I may make an exception.

uh oh, didn’t see a page turn coming, what to do?
    xes

Oct 4, 2010 at 5:43 pm

PS: oi’s life is pretty exciting I suspect.

Oct 4, 2010 at 5:38 pm

Sorry, oi, I have to side with the apple people here. I never viewed W.A. (in Australia) as an apple state until I went to Victoria and NSW (also in Oz) and I wasn’t able to get a Pink Lady. I’m a little bit unusual, perhaps, in that I don’t really like the Golden Delicious, Red Delicious, Fuji (and dare I say it – honey crisp side of things) in that they don’t punch me up the left jaw with a zing. I used to eat Granny Smiths as snacks when I was a kid, but they’re a bit sour for me now. After a really heavy meal, an apple is great for digestion and farting.

However, I was not drawn back into apples until I was about 22 and had a craving for a zesty apple! So maybe it is a taste bud thing. You shouldn’t peel them (if you do. My nan always did). I think a lot of the flavour is in the skin.

Glad to see so many hopping in here. Sorry about the FD, WotV – I thought it was on the main so my mind didn’t think about q comments.

And timo, I used to be more of citrus girl, definitely am in scents, but since mandarins have gone downhill, and oranges can be difficult to peel, I’ve kinda gone for the convenience of apples – particular ones!

I am off to the post office, and then walking the little man who has been fast asleep all day. I’m having a great day, even though I’ve done nothing much but sit here on the comp kind of finishing things.
    I vote for vinegar on the floors, too. The dust accrues here, too, but I have been doing the kitchen corridor pretty regularly. Just don’t want to do all the bathrooms. Trouble is that they are not used that often, so you think they’re clean, but you know, the dust builds up. Ah, the lives of the eternally fascinating ;)

Oct 4, 2010 at 5:35 pm

*sigh* Mark, those who don’t live in apple states just don’t get it.

Oct 4, 2010 at 5:22 pm

but Mark I really thought I was going to die. My whole life flashed in front of me too and I realized my life is plain boring just like One republic’s song. I need a new story.
    I will try those fancy smency apples if you insist. I still think apple is an apple though. :P
    oh and Thanks Mark!
    ohh so se did you join the dark dungeons finally? Welcome!
    are we doing that introduction thing?
    oh we are.
    I am green haired, browned skinned red eyed 25 years old Indian female. Living in Ca who leads such a boring life that at the time sky diving her only regret is living a boring life. ;)

Oct 4, 2010 at 4:47 pm

•   se bang

Glo, Mark’s right, don’t worry about the kitchen floor, nobody eats off of it anyway, at least most of the time.
    Red delicious apples, mmm, not so much the other ones Mark mentioned.
    Mo, I plan to get to Phoenix area after Xmas.

Oct 4, 2010 at 4:29 pm

Mmmmm, vodka and pizza and apples. Party time!

(((oi))), are you serious? An apple is an apple? You, my friend, need to try a few different ones next to each other. Get yourself a Red Delicious, a Granny Smith, a Pink Lady, and a McIntosh and taste them side by side. I guarantee you won’t say “An apple is an apple” again. :P

*the previous statement does not imply that all those apples are good, but they are all very different*

(((Glo))), it’s much easier if you just totally neglect cleaning the kitchen floor. ;)

Also, oi, this word “literally,” I do not think it means what you think it means. :P

((((((((((CIFs))))))))))

Oct 4, 2010 at 4:24 pm

I wish glo. It was fun! I was scared to the death literally but still it was fun. I have been working. and working. You know my last work week… yeah that never actually ended. :( I am accruing my vacation so it’s all good.
    I am gonna make pumpkin bread. shhh… it’s from mix.
    kitchen tiles, use vinegar?
    I thought somebody would get my big lebowski reference, Mark?

Oct 4, 2010 at 4:21 pm

oi! For god’s sake, girl, where have you been? Jumping out of planes, I suppose, or something equally vibrant and youthful.

It’s really depressing when you bother to wash the kitchen floor and it doesn’t actually look clean.

Oct 4, 2010 at 3:36 pm

Me too Timo. I can’t believe people are discussing types of apple! An apple is an apple dude! This is from someone who despises raw vegetables and will eat fruits only if there are no spicy snacks available and is vegetarian. Vodka on the other hand is ok with apple juice or cranberry juice or orange juice or with anything.

Oct 4, 2010 at 3:27 pm

Honeycrisps are the shit. Seriously. And the “fucking delicious” was just a few comments below mine, right here in the Q.

Let us drink vodka and eat pizza and make merry!

Oct 4, 2010 at 3:25 pm

I am more of a citrus man but I will try a honey crisp if I see one.
    Bring on sie Wodka,Ja!!!trink trink trink…PROSIT!

Oct 4, 2010 at 3:12 pm

I’m sorry rose. There is no possible way you can like a Jonathan better than a honeycrisp. It’s just wrong. You must have got some old, inferior honeycrisp. ;)

Mark will back me up on this, won’t you, Mark?

It’s also National Pizza month, so I think we should have pizza and drink vodka, Wo.

Oct 4, 2010 at 3:04 pm

Hey, WOdka!

Not my drink of choice, but this is cyber – so, thumbfuls up!

Ooh, where did Mark say FD – must find. I’ve been giving Eslinger’s FD comments thumbs too, because I’m a bit free and easy (freezy) with my thumbs, sometimes ;-)
    How are you today, WotV?

Oct 4, 2010 at 2:58 pm

I heard it’s National Vodka Day. Let’s drink. And Mark, I thumbed you for saying “fucking delicious” but don’t get used to it. ;)

Oct 4, 2010 at 2:54 pm

Hey, Mark-glo again!
    Well, as long as I’m not eating in your bathroom, it should be ok. The caulk, I guess that’s what it was, that always gathered in the bathroom that we had when we were kids was ongoing, so it probably wouldn’t upset me.
    I went out a while ago and on your recommendation, glo, got some honeycrisps, but I am sorry to say, that I like my pink ladies, galas and jonathans better. They were crisp, which was great, but they didn’t have that residual tang which I really like in an apple. I’d say they were similar to a fuji, but a whole lot smaller, and I can see the appeal. I tried, right? That’s the important thing . . . Speaking of which, I might go eat a Jonathan now. How goes it, Mark? I better get to a-writing and a-walking.
    I think I’ll beat this cold soon, glo. Went swimming 6 days out of 7 last week! Whoo.

Oct 4, 2010 at 2:39 pm

I concur, honeycrisps are fucking delicious. :P

Oct 4, 2010 at 2:09 pm

I heard from Wade a few weeks back via e-mail, rose. Nothing more recent. :(

Sorry you’re sick. It got very chilly here last night and the house was 63°F when I got up. It’s up to 69 now, though, very tolerable. I spent my morning cleaning the bathroom. I’ve been slowly whipping it into shape after the pathetic care it’s had from The Motorcycle. I can now vouch for it if you come over and eat dinner, but I’m not quite sure you’d want to stay over and shower. There’s an ongoing caulk issue that no amount of scrubbing seems to be able to solve.

I got some honeycrisp apples at the store this weekend and am thinking of making an apple pie or crisp. It’s time for my annual push of honeycrisps. They are fucking awesome–if you seem them in the store, buy some!

Oct 4, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Has anyone been in touch with Wade lately? How is Our Man of Mystery doing?

Oct 4, 2010 at 1:49 pm

Hey, timo&anglo&rillo&CB-oh! what a morning. Well, not quite, but the sun’s out. I’m battling yet another cold, though it isn’t fully sprung on me yet. Kind of wobbling my way towards some form of sanity again. CB, I like the pics you have on facebook and am really glad you’re happy. Warm weather, Timo . . . very tempting. Well, at least there is central heating here (in the U.S.), but I don’t know if that will make it harder or easier to go out in the colder months.

Oct 4, 2010 at 1:48 pm

Mi Casa is yours Glo, mi gatos are yours also. :grin:

Oct 4, 2010 at 10:52 am

Morning, Rilla, morning, Timo.

I really need to make time (and money) to visit my bff in Tucson, Timo. A visit with you will definitely be included in the itinerary.

I have a nibble on the main. I’m going to go get dressed and decide who I want to be on the Internet today.

Oct 4, 2010 at 9:34 am

It appears I missed some sort of party in here too…
    Hey se!
    I am a mid forties dude living just a few miles from CB and divorced. I highly recommend attending any PANvention that may occur in the future. It is a blast.
    Hey so maybe some of you PANistas want to come to sunny AZ for a winter mini PANvention? you could visit CB and I and get outta the snow. If not that then what about the NOLA PANvention we talked about for 2011? Is it still on?

Oct 4, 2010 at 9:29 am

hullo…*lights the dogend and looks around at the soggy white T-shirts on the floor*
    Looks like I missed something here…Got to finish plowing the back 40.

Oct 4, 2010 at 6:32 am

♥ rose ♥

Your life as a globetrotter is much more interesting than anything I may do. ;-)

Posted some honeymoon pics on my facebook…samples of the wedding pics can be found on Mrs. CB’s facebook page.

Enjoy! :-)

Oct 4, 2010 at 12:39 am

I think CB is talking for himself when he says we (that is I, park rose) have a life outside of PAN. I pretend, but there are only so many times you can walk the dog ;-)
    I hope you survive the rains, ty.
    Pale ale sounds good.
    WotV, I am procrastinating, and you don’t. I need some of your pep.

Oct 3, 2010 at 9:15 pm

Hi, SE….
    59.75 y/o M/M, disability retired (spinal stenosis) former teacher in CA (and before that, according to a friend, an international death merchant), now living in Costa Rica for the past 1.5 years.

I like your avatar, too, in large part because mentally
    I usually only feel about as old as it looks.

I haven’t been around much the past month or so on account of
    (a) moving and

(b) epic rains that have even the water-lovers here remarking about how this wet season is *really wet*, and the coming 6 weeks are traditionally the wettest, so I might not be here but sporadically until after it dries out…but I look forward to reading your stuff here and on the other sided of this looking glass whenever the opportunity presents itself.

Maybe we should form a sub-club of over-50′s and give rose a rise on accounta she’s too young ? But I won’t call her a whippersnapper.

Finally, speaking of politics, I don’t know anything about yours, but I suspect rose and TOS would enjoy the blog below…if any of you don’t, you’ll get free information about mine from taking a look around…

Keep coming back,
    ty

Oct 3, 2010 at 7:04 pm

•   se bang

Thanks to all for the warm welcome..
    Rose, no, I don’t get to see daughters and their families as much as I’d like. that’s one of the reasons I’m retiring now.
    one daughter is near me, in Pottstown w/4 y/o son and 17 y/o daughter. I do get to see them a lot.
    1 granddaughter in Md, just below DC and her 1-1/2 y/o son I see every few months.
    the rest are in Jacksonville, Fl. Little Rock,Ark and Fort Worth, Tx. Those are the places I’ll be next month and early Dec. Western swing out of TX will start after Xmas.

CB, I followed your move to AZ with interest, wouldn’t mind spending some time around Scottsdale later.

TOS, yes, now that I’m outed, I’ll be around.

Mark, some pale ale would do me just fine, thkx

Oct 3, 2010 at 3:52 pm

Hi, se. I’m WotV. I am on the verge of greatness… or insanity. Depends on the day. 46 year old mother of three with a hubby I love dearly. I am a freelance writer, thanks to the encouragement of my friends here in the Q. I love it here. It’s like my safe place.

Mark, do you have my email? I wouldn’t mind helping if you need me. Moving in is a big step, especially with kids involved. You need to do some soul searching…

I’m off to pimp my blog post about guerrilla fundraising scouts: http://wotv-freelancingontheverge.blogspot.com/2010/10/fundraising-terrorists.html

Oct 3, 2010 at 3:09 pm

Se!! Welcome aboard, and thanks for the congrats.

Contrary to popular MT opinion, we really do have lives outside of the pages of PAN! :lol:

I’m originally from North Jersey (Essex Co.), but have relatives living in South Jersey near Philly.

Mark, only advice I’ll give is do what you feel is right. If you don’t feel you’ve had enough living alone time, don’t shack up.
    If you want someone around and are willing to compromise for the sake of harmony at home…GO FOR IT.

Oct 3, 2010 at 2:21 am

Hi, SE!

It is really nice that you came here, especially because of the reason you gave for coming.

Park Rose already told you a lot of stuff about us, so I’ll leave it at that. I hope you keep coming back!

Oct 3, 2010 at 1:44 am

Hey, keggers Mark. How come I get put in that group, even though wonderful as everyone is . . .?
    I’m less than ten years older than you 8O !! Sigh, well, I can’t say less than five, and I guess those late nights do take their toll sooner or later, and you are older than my little sister, not that that means anything . . . I know I’m a veritable grandma in oi’s eyes no doubt (oi, are you our youngest nowadays?).

Oct 3, 2010 at 1:12 am

Oh, are we gonna try to revive the party? :D

*drags in barely-used keg of pale ale and some pint glasses, along with CO2 tank and hoses, hooks up hoses to keg, with “cobra tap” for dispensing, confirms that tap works by pouring self a beer, chugs said beer, pours self a new sipping beer*

se, btw, you being of, um, older countenance, may find some common ground with Wade, or CB, or fan, or Infant Tyrone, or Park Rose, or TOS… tho I think 35 is “old enough.”

Oct 2, 2010 at 11:39 pm

Well, se, as you’d know, TOS, myself and Mark live out this way, so if you’re coming through, get in touch. Also the centre for PANvention this year. Where’s glo? I know she was posting on facebook earlier. We need her to summon Edgar to get the joint jumping. My summoning skills aren’t that great. However, your more than welcome to have a sip of this pernod here, or there is some wine in the fridge. Of course, in the actual Q, the fridge is always stocked with whatever you want. ‘rilla and ‘glo usually provide the food.
    Do you get to see your kids and gks, and ggk often?

Oct 2, 2010 at 11:01 pm

•   se bang

Rose, thanks for welcome.
    the great grandson’s grandmother was 36 when he was born, but never tell that I told anyone that, lol
    oldest girl just turned 41, youngest was 35 in July.

Mark, I have no insight on whether anyone should live together. Glo has probably put the best answer out there as of now.

I have been married 2x, once divorced, last wife died (1987). lived with a few women since, but none for any length of time.

I will get to Seattle in the next year or so, never been, always wanted to.

Oct 2, 2010 at 10:42 pm

Love the way the first sip of Pernod warms the cockles of the heart ;)

Oct 2, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Ooh, all this talk of gin put me on a pernod drive, but I came back with a diet soda (see how i am picking up the local parlay ;-) – Mark, do you know just how hard it was for me to type ‘ass’ a few posts down, as opposed to, ‘arse’? Actually, it wasn’t that big a deal. I’m just arsing about.)

I think glo’s advice is sage, mark, also thymely. Oh stop. Who has custody of the kids, and will they be living with you, and what is your relationship like with them? That would be a pretty big one, but, return to glo’s words of wisdom.

se, welcome. I like your avatar. I am early 40s (that lasts until 48, right? No, I’m not 48). Live with TOS and am often sleepless in Seattle. From Australia originally, though have spent the last three years in Japan.

What am I doing this Saturday night? Trying to stave off this carpal tunnel thing (using my left hand for the mouse nowadays) and there is a blog post I want to get up. Should hone a few job applications, too, but feel like getting the post up instead.
    Congrats on all the family! We’ve a few with grandkids among us, though I think you might be the first with a great-grandchild. (My friend’s 40 year old sister is a grandmother now, so, of course it’s all biologically possible from a pretty early age). Earache from swimming. I’ve been going every day, bar Thurs this week, from last Saturday. Enough blather?

Oh, btw, anyone know who tipping cows was in previous lives, then? tipping cows, if you lurk . . . enlighten us, or me at least.

Oct 2, 2010 at 10:28 pm

•   se bang

All the games tonight are blowouts, already lost interest.
    I know Willingboro well, used to go there sometimes when I was a kid when it was mostly farmland.
    last 8 or 9 years I was a Parts/Service manager at a small packaging machinery company, I say small, but the machines are still making most of the boxes that beer bottles are shipped in along with a large chunk of the stuff bought in supermarkets.
    Have been a service tech for a filling machinery builder and computer service tech among other careers.
    4 adult daughters, 8 grandchildren, 1 great grandson, so far

Oct 2, 2010 at 10:15 pm

Crap, Mark, that is an AWESOME idea!

Except–and I fear you will disown me if I admit it–the only thing to drink in the house is MGD 64 (I know!) and the fixings for brandy oldfashioneds.

Oct 2, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Good evening, brother Mark.

You know the only advice is: do you want to live with her? Then do. If not, tell her you’re not ready for that. But as always, I’d be happy to chat with you about it.

Oct 2, 2010 at 9:41 pm

Playing gin, channel surfing, messing about on Facebook ;)

Apparently the Shakespeare character I most resemble is Julius Ceasar (sic), PARANOID LEADER. :lol:

I like my life nice and unexciting. I’m lazy that way.

Oct 2, 2010 at 9:33 pm

Ah, se! Very cool! I agree, you’ve been an occasional topic of conversation here in the HQ (now the “Community” :( ). Good to meet you. My dad’s side of the family came from Willingboro NJ, I think that may be close to you? I know it’s close to Philly, but I don’t know much about the local geography. Anyway…
    I’m Mark, 35, Seattle area, divorced, no kids no pets currently, water/wastewater engineer, homebrewer.

And feel free to ask any questions about anything. Our one rule here is to avoid talking about the HQ (this room) on the main thread. I assume you already knew that, but just making sure. :)

How is the game? I should turn it on, I’m watching “Modern Marvels” right now.

…CIFs, I may need some advice soon. The girlfriend really wants us to move in together. :) Maybe I should move to e-mail for that…

MSBE: Glo, you should also DRINK gin while playing gin.

Oct 2, 2010 at 9:30 pm

•   se bang

watching Florida-Alabama football, studying financial pages, surfing interwebs… you?

Oct 2, 2010 at 9:14 pm

•   se bang

Also, if anyone is curious about the avatar, It took me a long time (couple months) to work that one out. It actually does look like me, about 40 years ago.
    I lead a life that most people would consider boring, but it suits me fine.
    I have no problem with answering questions.
    And I do find a lot of the comments here interesting. I find people interesting. I enjoy getting to know people.

Oct 2, 2010 at 9:13 pm

Well, that was a little anticlimactic. :P

This from the woman who goes by first initial, second initial, last name just about everywhere else on the internet.

What’s up on Saturday night for you?

Oct 2, 2010 at 9:08 pm

•   se bang

thanks Glo, SE is my initials, Sal Elacqua, simple as that.
    also the name I use on FB

Oct 2, 2010 at 9:03 pm

Welcome, se! I have wondered a long time if you would join the troublemakers over here. If you’ve been lurking, you should have noticed that having something interesting to say is absolutely not a prerequisite for posting here. ;)

Will you tell us what your screen name means? I have always been curious.

Oct 2, 2010 at 8:51 pm

•   se bang

Hello everyone, been lurking here off and on for quite awhile. Thought a few times or more about commenting, but never seemed to have anything interesting enough to say. For an intro, if anyone is interested, I am older than most of you, 62 last Aug, about a week away from retiring, live outside Phila, small place called Mont Clare.
    What prompted this note to you all was the recent wedding of CB.
    I wanted to congratulate him and wish him the best. I hope that someday, someone will wish him and his wife a Happy 50th.

Oct 2, 2010 at 7:47 pm

Fan, I love it when a place looks really beautifully decorated, but I, too, have no experience in that kind of thing.
    ‘glo, you forgot to mention that he fell off the cliff, or maybe we covered that territory before! It is hard to lose a dog, especially before it is their time. If they die naturally, at least you have a chance to say goodbye.

I know you know that I wore the scarf in Melbourne, at least 4 times! It is really beautiful. So blue and silvery and subtly sparkly, with the small delicate-looking beads, too. It’s perfect.

WotV, sorry to hear that your name is woe as opposed to Wo at the moment. Hang in there, and thought I know it’s your career, and deprives us, don’t spend too much time on the computer.

Mark, I think you covered your ass pretty well out on the main.

Still haven’t done much. Walked the dog, cooked, put things in the dishwasher – will go for a swim soon. Then what? The day is over. Maybe an afternoon walk. The slugs vs chrysanthemums – the mums ain’t winning.

Oct 2, 2010 at 3:57 pm

My neck still hurts like Hell. I am not having fun, but I am trying really hard to keep a positive attitude. CIF love helps.

Oct 2, 2010 at 1:39 pm

Good morning, fan! Yes, Parker died suddenly, possibly from complications due to a broken toe. It broke The Motorcycle up pretty bad. I miss her too. Not only have I seen the pictures of Elroy, I have met him in all his wiggly, solid, furry flesh. He came to Lesser Podunk with rose and TOS this summer for a day. He is a sweetie.

I wouldn’t say I’m a master knitter; my execution isn’t that great, but I’m not afraid to knit anything. Right now I’m finishing a Baby Sweater of Doom which I’ve been knitting for a year and a half (now a Toddler Sweater of Doom), a pair of socks for me, out of sparkly yarn, and a pair of socks for Nephew The Elder, by request. I need to make myself a new hat before the weather gets too cold, and I have four sweaters I am itching to knit, but want to get the B.S.o.D. off my needles first.

I recently painted the Motorcycle’s living room Bagel (eh) and my bathroom Celtic Grey (really more of a beach glass blue–I love it). I’m gearing up to do the Motorcycle’s bathroom next–I’m thinking a very pale sage as a prep for selling the house.

Have a good day, fan!

Hiya Wo!

Oct 2, 2010 at 12:42 pm

Everyone have a wonderful day. Time to get my day started. Picking out paint colors and light fixtures. I have never been very good at all that decorating stuff. Well, really, this is the first time in my life that I have the chance to get what I really would like to have, I have always has the that will do attitude and pocketbook. Any suggestions on colors that you all love would be greatly appreciated. ‘glo, you just painted, what color did you use? I think I am going with a very pale butter color for the kitchen…. after that, I am lost. There are bathrooms, bedrooms, hallways…..AAARRRGGGHH!

Hi Wo ♥ I was just leaving, how is the neck? Good vibes being sent your way!

Oct 2, 2010 at 12:22 pm

Hell, yes, Marky Mark! You leave that post to remind Tiffspammy to keep her spam to herself.

Oct 2, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Good morning ‘glo ♥ and rose ♥

Did I miss you???? I do miss you!

The motorcycle lost his dog, glo? A dog is a great motivater for walking. Elroy is so cute, have you seen his pictures ‘glo? I love dogs. We are way too busy to find the time for one. Mr. says he is done with losing his heart to dogs. I would love to have one. Unlike cats though, they do take a lot of attention. Cats are happy to be left alone.

So, ‘glo, things sound good with the Motorcycle. I am happy for you. If he is willing to make space for your yarn stash… he would be a keeper. ♥

By the way, what do you have on your needles at the moment? *i am still dreaming of being a master knitter. One sweater and a few baby things does not qualify me for that honor. I measure a master of knitting by the socks…. yes, it’s all about socks. If I want it bad enough I know I can. Someday. My opinion is that you are a master ‘glo, I am a master knitter wanna be.

Oct 2, 2010 at 11:52 am

Good morning rose! I miss dog walking time :( The Motorcycle and I don’t have the same motivation to go for walks now.

Chaos reigns supreme at YOQI.

Oct 2, 2010 at 10:54 am

Well, good morning all. Fan is single-handedly trying to reinvent the night-crew . . . Oh, may those of ample bosom and not so ample bosom long reign. I am dropping in to say good morning, as it is dog walking time. Grey outside, but it often lifts. You’re a great mother, fan, and mark, I am sure you are a great beermeister. Morning CIFs.

Oct 2, 2010 at 10:39 am

I am available for a morning “chat” or whatever the kids are calling it these days.

Oct 2, 2010 at 9:11 am

I miss our morning chats, our afternoons of helping one another get through the day and our evenings of shenanigans. ♥

I have been busy, the old house is progressing along. They finished putting up the sheetrock today, went up to investigate this evening… what a mess. Mr. assures me it will get better. So between getting one house finished and the other ready to sell, I am totally overwhelmed with too much to do and too many dicisions to make. Probably start painting the inside in the next couple of weeks….. I will stop in now and then for a bout of whining I am sure.

So, on that happy note, I am going to take my crepitating back to bed.

*yes rose, I looked it up. At first I thought you were playing tricks on me. It said, no such word found. Then I looked in the oxford dictionary a perfect example of crepitating. Spidery fingers of crepitating electricity. So it does describe my back quite well. You teach me new things all the time rose. ♥ Thanks! *

Oct 2, 2010 at 1:04 am

Hi there Mark, what you been up to? I didn’t think any one was here.
    I know I must have missed you. My youngest girl child stopped by, she needed some mama comfort. It is Friday and she is trying so hard to keep all the plates spinning. :( Family, school, work…. she had a busy week. I wouldn’t want to do the whole kids, family, work thing again for all the gold in China… does china even have gold? Anyway, a cup of tea and a bite to eat while her hubby took the kids to the football game helped. *sigh* I do have a wonderful son in law.

We just started on this years grapes, it is a very good year for grapes. Are you brewing any beer? We’ve been so busy, too busy to be thinking about wine really, but gosh, gotta have the wine.

* on further thought, that would be all the tea in China. Duh!

Oct 2, 2010 at 12:07 am

Sorry Beans… Tiffany has been posting on just about every note with a lame post then pimping her stupid website. Something like:

“That was funny! LOL

She had been posting, then a few hours later her post would get deleted by the great and powerful eerac, may he live forever. Then I think her username was banned. Now she’s changed her name to Tiffanyt, in an attempt to circumvent that maybe? That’s how I interpret it anyway. Maybe misinterpreting it? Anyone?

Mainly, she’s a free target for insults. From me, anyway. :)

Let’s get this party started again! I’m working on a vanilla imperial stout at the moment, very creamy and yummy.

Is anyone up in this thang?

Backedit: It looks like she edited her previously spammy message to something innocuous, so my insult looks out of place. I would change it, but fuckit I’ll just leave it and be an ass. :)

Oct 1, 2010 at 10:18 pm

Have I missed the party??? I love to dance, can only stand vodka at Christmas, I will make an exception though…. ♥

Like oi!, I am no where near ample bosom, but since I do workout some, I am the first flat chested woman with cleavage that you may ever meet. :mrgreen:

Oct 1, 2010 at 10:07 pm

Wow. That’s the most activity this room has seen for a while.
    Crash was interested in String theory. Me? It all unravels.
    (((all)))