Pages: « 114 113 112 111 [110] 109 108 107 106 105 10485 »

Morning glo! ok Now I don’t feel that bad. I will agree that most of the time service industry people are nice and customer are assholes. My experience has been mostly nice servers who take their job seriously. I always want to say that you don’t have to work in service industry to learn common decency. That is part of being a human. I would guess silence would need that lesson though if she needs to be told that if somebody is staring at her that means they want her attention.

Nov 24, 2010 at 11:32 am

Look, I work in the service industry, oi. Service industry workers who put the onus of the interaction on the customer are not very good at their jobs. Period.

Nov 24, 2010 at 10:44 am

Good morning Mo!
    I am mean on the main, aren’t I? I am normally nice but I don’t dig people like her. You try to be nice to them but they turn around and bite you.

Nov 24, 2010 at 10:05 am

Love you too, Timo!

Nov 24, 2010 at 10:05 am

I lurve youse peoples! :wink:

Nov 24, 2010 at 8:55 am

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!! I’m not a Softy!…I’m NOT!!

*runs off in tears…*

Nov 23, 2010 at 3:21 pm

•   beanster bang

Hahahahahahaha. Good one, glo. Oh wait. Not a joke?

Nov 23, 2010 at 3:15 pm

•   beanster bang

Glo, I feeel the same way. He’s so gruff and intolerant of idiots (with due cause of course :P) but he’s just a big softy really.

Almost home time!!

Nov 23, 2010 at 3:05 pm

NO, Boss Lady, you may NOT have my Facebook log in so you can see the 89 people who like Ye Olde Quainte Inne. If you want to see the 89 people who like YOQI, fucking Like it yourself and I can make you an administrator. Until then, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Nov 23, 2010 at 2:47 pm

Lol, CB. You mourning your lost virtual home-world made me laugh. I felt a great rush of affection for you. I think ((((Wooibeans)))) softened me up some first, though. ;)

Nov 23, 2010 at 2:15 pm

I’m stuck at home with a cold. Trying my best not to be a troll on the MT.
    I was playing a computer game I picked-up this weekend, but my entire fleet was suddenly attacked and destroyed. I lost my home-world, and will have to start a new game.
    I know it is not real, but I feel really bad about the whole thing!

Nov 23, 2010 at 1:23 pm

•   beanster bang

Ladies! Gentlemen! I love you all!

(I was going for drama)

Crackers and cream cheese might not cut it for lunch. We will see. How’s every one? Busy preparing for Yank Thank? Your long weekend equals very quiet thursday and friday at work for me – most of the companies I deal with are american. Maybe I will eat something with cranberries in your honour.

Nov 23, 2010 at 12:06 pm

ohh (((CIFs!))) and wade too! The sun must have risen in west. ;)
    Well I am trying to cut my internet time while at work but I love you guys.
    I am sad that I missed wmd saga. I went in the note and thumbed Wo and CB. She is certified troll. I have read her comments on other blogs. I just skip over her comments because she pisses me off.

Nov 23, 2010 at 11:32 am

Aw, WotV, you’re gonna make me cry…or maybe it’s this damned generic cold medicine the Mrs. picked-up at Walmart!!

Nov 23, 2010 at 10:43 am

It is nearly Thanksgiving so I am taking this opportunity to be a complete mush and tell you all how much I lurve you. You are always here for me when I need you. I will never forget how you rallied to the Q when I sounded the troll alarm. That was epic. I have never met such an incredibly diverse and universally kind group of people in my life. Thank you so much for letting me be among the cool kids.

P.S. CB, thanks for WMD backup. Now we know…

Nov 23, 2010 at 10:00 am

Sorry you have travel troubles, rose. :(

Beautiful Girls was Andrew McCarthy. I think that song was from Serendipity?

Nov 23, 2010 at 7:36 am

Well, I’m about to go to bed, and no doubt, glo will almost be up. I am not in Oz, but L.A. Despite the flight leaving at 2320 we arrived at 2330 due to the bad weather in Seattle. Nice hotel room, though. I am a distressed passenger at $65 at the Radisson Hotel. Might be nicer if it were $0.00, but, ah well. Need to have a shower and tumble into bed.

Wade, is that from “Beautiful Girls”? I can’t remember if Cusack (sp?) was in that. Glo, I shall keep my very cat’s bum lips sealed on any Cusak (go for broke with the spelling) comments.

(((CIFs))) – God willing, or Insha’Allah, or all of that (good weather willing), I will be in Oz on the 25th, though it might be the 24th in the States ;-)

Nov 23, 2010 at 4:16 am

I try to tell her that, but she’s not buying it! LOL

Nov 22, 2010 at 9:42 pm

Mrs. CB is a lucky woman.

Nov 22, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Yeah, who’dathunkit? KC at 6-4 and 6-4 being enough for first place?…strange season.

Nov 22, 2010 at 9:35 pm

As I recall, Glo, they are as green as the Emerald Isles.

Nov 22, 2010 at 9:33 pm

It’s nice being on top of the division, isn’t it, CB.

I bet you know what color my eyes are. ;)

Nov 22, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Damn, got so used to no one being here, I posted, walked Rocky and forgot all about it! LOL

Married life is good, Ames.

Glo, Wade..how ’bout them Chiefs?! We may actually have a winning season…depending upon which team shows up from week to week.

Nov 22, 2010 at 9:20 pm

‘Night sis.

Tormenting you via pixels is just my way of telling you I care and miss you, Wade.

Nov 22, 2010 at 9:12 pm

night (((amy)))

i’m gonna quit diggin

night (((glo)))

Nov 22, 2010 at 9:12 pm

I’d offer you a lifeline, Wade, but then I’d likely be in trouble.

Nice song.

Goodnight!

Nov 22, 2010 at 9:07 pm

aaand now you know why i shouldn’t be posting online.

:?

Nov 22, 2010 at 9:02 pm

wait.

not blue?

gray?

green?

hazel?

i’m drownin’ here! :(

Nov 22, 2010 at 9:01 pm

Blue?

Ouch.

Nov 22, 2010 at 8:58 pm

All that talk of cerulean blue will have WotV running back in (X Files reference).

You don’t have to tell me, Wade. I’ve spent NIGHTS with her ;)

That’s okay, sis. I was just cracking wise. Although, I am going to have to be going soon. I am gonna read before bed time. The shoe I found was also a right one, I believe (although I didn’t pay much attention to that detail at the time).

Nov 22, 2010 at 8:56 pm

bears repeating

cusack

Nov 22, 2010 at 8:55 pm

Sorry, sis. I didn’t mean to bond with Wade over sports without you.

I think it was a righty.

2012

Nov 22, 2010 at 8:54 pm

her eyes are limpid pools of cerulean blue, amy.

mesmerizing.

Nov 22, 2010 at 8:53 pm

Oh, is it time for football talk, then? I just remembered something I have to do, lol.

Glo, I forgot to ask you if the shoe you found was a leftie or a rightie. Which one, sis? And by that, I meant which movie. I clearly remember how she described his mouth.

Nov 22, 2010 at 8:48 pm

:oops: Oh Wade, your fulsome praise is over the top. You’re embarrassing me . :|

Childress is not problem. Favre is.

Ames, I’m going to watch a John Cusak movie. Luckily rose is at this moment flying to Australia and thus will not ruin it for me by describing John’s mouth.

Nov 22, 2010 at 8:48 pm

well, so far the Packers have gotten two coaches fired this season, glo.

will their reign of terror ever come to an end?!? 8O

Nov 22, 2010 at 8:35 pm

lol, (((glo))) okie dokie ;)

yes she is, amy. :)

Nov 22, 2010 at 8:34 pm

Really? I had no idea. We’ve had one before, but only once.

So,Wade…..isn’t Glo mesmerizing in person?

What a fortuitous entrance, (((sis))).

Nov 22, 2010 at 8:31 pm

I believe you owe me a Coke, Sir Wade.

Nov 22, 2010 at 8:29 pm

What is this I see before me? ‘Tis the ghost of Troublemakers past!

John Madden, amy. Thanksgiving football game. Introduced the concept of a turducken to many Americans.

I saw Harry Potter this afternoon. Finally a movie that is faithful to the book! Gives me great hope for the last installment.

Nov 22, 2010 at 8:28 pm

hey [[[CB]]] 8)

oh noes, amy! :(

(john madden used to have a turducken on nfl games he broadcast on thanksgiving. first time i ever saw one)

Nov 22, 2010 at 8:25 pm

Madden? Why?

That’s good, Wade. I have those days off, too. I love this time of year because of the good food, spending time with my family and extra days off :D

BUT, I have to watch what I eat this year. I had been having pains and nausea and found out I have gallstones. Eating fatty foods can cause an attack, so I’ve been on a low fat diet for 3 weeks or so. Will have the gallbladder removed after the new year, probably.

Hey (((CB))), how’s the married life treating you?

Nov 22, 2010 at 8:20 pm

HEY, {{{PLAYA}}}!!!! :-D
    Wassup, (((Ames)))?

Nov 22, 2010 at 8:18 pm

lol

oooh, turducken. madden would be proud.

quiet holiday for me. off thursday and friday. at least my pt job isn’t retail. ;)

Nov 22, 2010 at 8:01 pm

Or did you??!!

Nov 22, 2010 at 8:00 pm

Hey (((Wade))). I see you did not cease to exist upon meeting one of your CIFs, lol.

I am ready for turkey day. We are having a turducken this year. I’ll pick it up tomorrow evening.

What about you?

Nov 22, 2010 at 7:45 pm

(((((amy)))))

(((((Wo)))))

y’all ready for turkey day?

or as i call it, black friday’s eve. :P

Nov 22, 2010 at 7:41 pm

oooh! AM I actually here when others are? Or, is it a trick of the differing timezones? I can’t recall how the PAN time postings work.

Nov 22, 2010 at 7:30 pm

I’ll pokey teh Kitty if you all have my back.

Nov 22, 2010 at 7:19 pm

carvy

:twisted:

Nov 22, 2010 at 6:34 pm

Don’t let Mrs. CB catch you poking a strange Kitty! :twisted:

Nov 22, 2010 at 3:12 pm

I don’t mind poking WMDKitty, I’m home today anyway, and The Maury (You ARE the father!) Show doesn’t come on until 2 o’clock! LOL

I’m roasting the turkey this year…I might also fire up the grill and smoke some turkey and ham as well. Should be about 60°F. Thursday, so pretty nice weather for cooking outdoors.

Nov 22, 2010 at 12:17 pm

(((MarkWadeGloMo))) I’m doing the stuffing IRL too.

Glo, go for it with the relish tray! Mo and Mark… yum. And I mean that in the most sincerest Thanksgivingiest way.

Wade, save some stabby for the turkey. You can carve.

Nov 22, 2010 at 11:56 am

I make pretty good soups. My bread pudding is the yum too.

Nov 22, 2010 at 11:40 am

Mark! I was worrying a bit about you, you’ve been absent!

*graciously concedes the stuffing responsibility to Wo, wonders if it would be all right if she made the relish tray*

((((((((((Wade))))))))))

Nov 22, 2010 at 10:17 am

stabby

Nov 22, 2010 at 10:07 am

(((WoGloMish)))

It’s snowing in Seattle. :D

I’ll make a cheesecake. I make great cheesecake.

*is actually going to make a cheesecake IRL for Thanksgiving*

*canoodles with teh Mishee™ under the new ficus*

MSBE: Sorry, (((Glo))), I was in Kodiak all last week for work. Incidentally, I got to see a rocket launch from about 20 miles away on Friday. Pretty cool.

Nov 22, 2010 at 10:01 am

(((glo))) I just barely resisted poking at WMDKitty to find out… I’m just not sure, but jeez those comments get annoying after the first 62 or so.

((((MISH!!!))) (((((CB!)))))

I’ll make the stuffing. I rock at that.

Nov 22, 2010 at 8:44 am

Good thing we’ve got another free corner over there, Mish! What should we decorate this one with?

Nov 22, 2010 at 8:08 am

•   Mishee™ bang

it makes me a bit sad to know that my last posting is still on the front page of HQ.

But anyways… just a drive by this morning… I just can’t believe someone would get rid of one of these treasures!

Nov 22, 2010 at 7:41 am

Is WMDKitty stupid, exceptionally literally-minded or some sort of deadpan genius? I can’t decide. But she does step on every joke with an “explanation”. :?

Nov 22, 2010 at 7:38 am

I have been in a very bad mood lately. I’ve been watching this video over and over to try to compensate.

Nov 21, 2010 at 10:15 am

Glo? Puppy kicking? Uh oh. Why?

Nov 21, 2010 at 9:44 am

If there were a puppy nearby, I might kick it.

Nov 21, 2010 at 8:10 am

*cubes up the bread for the stuffing*

Nov 20, 2010 at 10:07 am

*sets about cleaning the Q for Thanksgiving*

Nov 20, 2010 at 8:13 am

WotV, you single-handedly keep it going, I think. Sorry to read about all the neck pain and pains in the neck (as you put it) on your blog.

Nov 19, 2010 at 4:47 pm

Hello? *listens to echoes*

I miss the Q.

Nov 19, 2010 at 4:30 pm

Just checking in. Now checking out.

Nov 18, 2010 at 12:20 pm

Now that you’re married again, CB, who makes the cleaning supplies buying decisions?

Basically, Glo, neither of us is very brand loyal. Best value and whoever is picking up the cleaning supplies pretty much holds sway.

Nov 18, 2010 at 7:02 am

Hey, kids. I checked into FB briefly, but wasn’t able to stay online yesterday. Still fighting the after effects of the myelogram. Headache, mostly, with irritation of the nerves where the dye was.

I’m going to try to be online a little today… but the headache is hanging on. I don’t get to see the doctor until Dec 16, which is ridiculous. I just want to know what has to be done to make my neck and shoulder stop hurting and do it. Blah.

I love you guys…

Nov 17, 2010 at 9:12 am

I don’t have cable at Scott’s house, Wade, so I don’t get to watch Monday Night Football. I hope you got to savor it, though! Why do these teams invest in old, washed-up quarterbacks? It’s a mystery.

Wo has been on Facebook today.

Nov 16, 2010 at 4:04 pm

and congrats on Word! (((((beans)))))

how ’bout them Redskins, glo? :lol:

Nov 16, 2010 at 12:55 pm

so, um, anyone heard from Wo?

*fret*

Nov 16, 2010 at 12:53 pm

•   beanster bang

Wait: I got word????!!?! I’ve never gotten word before! For the formal letter comment? I’m so excited!!! Sad I missed it but still very excited!

I have to bring an appetizer to a dinner tonight. The main is chicken pot pie. I was thinking of not caring and bringing bruschetta.

Nov 15, 2010 at 10:20 am

Thinking of you today, (((((( ♥ Wo ♥ ))))))

Looks like the mid-season coaching switch got off to a good start, Wade. Too bad it it wasn’t a pre-season coaching switch!

Nov 15, 2010 at 6:56 am

Good thoughts your way, WotV. And you might have missed it, beans, but congratulations on word.

Nov 14, 2010 at 8:39 pm

*vibrates like crazy for WotV*

Nov 14, 2010 at 7:10 pm

heh.

go Cowboys.

Nov 14, 2010 at 6:37 pm

((((((((((((Wo))))))))))))

Nov 14, 2010 at 1:17 pm

If anyone actually comes into the Q… I have my myelogram tomorrow. Myelogram Monday. I’m scared shitless and just want somebody to make my neck stop hurting.

Send positive vibes if you have any to spare.

Nov 14, 2010 at 10:15 am

Hey! Happy Friday. I love you guys. Hugs and smooches for all of you!

Nov 12, 2010 at 8:48 am

Dear Steve Madden thank you for making shoes.

Nov 11, 2010 at 1:25 pm

Happy Marine Corp birthday yesterday.
    A good Veteran’s Day to the fellow Vet’s and thank you for your service.

That is all.

T

TSBE
    Stillness in remembrance of those that fought and gave it all for their country.

I am wearing my poppy too.

Nov 11, 2010 at 11:57 am

•   beanster bang

Slowest day at work!

It’s remembrance day. I’m wearing my poppy and remembering those who fought and died or were wounded or sacrificed their youths for the greater good.

I am also not receiving mail, which means I have next to nothing to do.

Nov 11, 2010 at 8:07 am

:lol:

Thanks to Saysh on Facebook, I’m laughing my head off over this song this morning.

Nov 11, 2010 at 8:00 am

Hi fan,
    TOS is here visiting his family. I don’t know that I’m a free spirit. Comes across that way, but not really. I think free spirits are carefree, too – not always my case. It’s warm here. It’s 21 deg c, so I think in the 70s. Unseasonably warm. Kinda nice as Seattle is easing into winter, definitely. I think its temps are similar to beans’ at the moment. It was kind of spooky walking St Edward park the other day. So quiet. All the leaves fallen (or most of them).
    How is Oregon and the house coming along? Ooh, a couple of hours later – my favourite Sly song is on the radio. Sigh to Sly.

Nov 10, 2010 at 12:46 pm

Whatcha’ doin’ in Chicago, missy! Are you having any fun?? I will be waiting for the pics., I just love that you are such a free spirit. Always on the go, it makes my life more exciting… haha, I do love to travel along with you rose, you always bring the whole trip to life in pictures.

Good morning everyone ♥

Nov 10, 2010 at 11:37 am

I’m in Chicago, and I’m going to the post office. Then I’ll buy some transport passes. I think I’ll drop into the visitor’s centre and use their toilet, as the bathroom in this place is occupied! ‘rilla, I always miss out on the good shit, too – but my inner Eyore (sp?) thinks that I drive it away. Nice to see everyone!

Nov 10, 2010 at 11:15 am

I miss your cooking, Rilla. :(

Nov 10, 2010 at 9:13 am

hullo.. Just popped through…got all hot and sweaty plowing the back 40..I always seem to miss all the fun stuff lately.
    I have discovered I a allergic to stupid. When I get a really thick bag of rocks on the line at work, my eyes water , my throat itches , and I start to sneeze.

I made a garlic herb crust , pepperoni, mushroom and black olive pizza for dinner the other day, and for dessert,,deep dish granny smith apple pie…with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.

later again my ((((CIFs))))))

Nov 10, 2010 at 1:10 am

I’ve decided not to put any Morrissey on my iPod. Too far away from college to pull off that kind of angst.

Nov 9, 2010 at 8:51 pm

OMG, I can’t believe I just did that. Will I NEVER learn?

*nostalgic*

Nov 9, 2010 at 8:29 pm

•   Mishee™ bang

Did I hear Stevie singing somewhere? Rumours? Good job, Gloster – it’s only the bestest album ever (by FM)… I don’t like Fleetwood Mac half as much as solo Stevie! (she’s my secret lover – so secret even SHE doesn’t know yet!)

I always liked this song… makes me just feel good all over…

Nov 9, 2010 at 5:26 pm

Ah. I almost completely forgot about this song. What a nice voice.

*nostalgic*

Nov 9, 2010 at 5:07 pm

*refuses to MSBE*

I wonder if “skit” is a contraction of “sketch”. I’m going to go look.

I’m finally getting around to getting more of my music on my iPod. Right now, I’m putting Rumors on there, and that’s making me think of Mishee and her (unnatural?) love of Stevie Nicks.

hmm…

skit: 1572, “a vain, frivolous, or wanton girl” (originally Scottish, now archaic), related to verb meaning “to shy or be skittish,” perhaps from O.N. skjuta “to shoot” (see skittish). Sense shifted to “a satirical remark or reflection” (1727), then “a piece of light satire or caricature” (1820).

sketch: “rough drawing intended to serve as the bases for a finished picture,” 1660s, from Du. schets, from It. schizzo “sketch, drawing,” lit. “a splash, squirt,” from schizzare “to splash or squirt,” of uncertain origin, perhaps from L. schedium “an extemporaneous poem,” from Gk. skedios “temporary, extemporaneous,” related to skhein, aor. inf. of ekhein “to have” (see scheme). Ger. Skizze, Fr. esquisse, Sp. esquicio are from Italian. Extended sense of “brief account” is from 1660s; meaning “short play or performance, usually comic” is from 1789. The verb is attested from 1690s.

guess not.

Nov 9, 2010 at 4:40 pm

Well, I might be persuaded to take a virtual toke. ;)

Loved your MP quote out there, Mark, a much under-appreciated skit.

Nov 9, 2010 at 4:11 pm

*joins teh Mishee™ behind the ficus, also drags over the condom fern for, um, certain special uses*

*implores WoGloBeans to join us*

(((((((((((((((##########Mishee™##########)))))))))))))))

MSBE: Yep, (((Glo))), I like that skit. And when people were talking about pointed sticks, I just had to bust it out. :D

Random thought — when is it a “skit” and when is it a “sketch”? Or are they the same thing?

Nov 9, 2010 at 3:33 pm

Hey Mish! For god’s sake, how many times must I taunt you on Facebook to get you back here? Look, there’s still plenty of work to be done on the Main Thread. There’s idiots there all the time who need the Mishee Treatment.

Nov 9, 2010 at 3:01 pm

•   Mishee™ bang

Huh…?? WTF? How did I get here? Where’s Facebook???

*checks map and looks around*

I must have made a wrong turn at Albuquerque!

:D

*goes behind ficus and curls up with her favorite bong*

Nov 9, 2010 at 2:46 pm