Pages: « 114 113 112 [111] 110 109 108 107 106 105 10485 »

Sorry about your Chiefs, CB.

Jan 10, 2011 at 6:27 am

I am trapped in Ye Olde Quainte Hell. Nearly walked off my job this week.

Jan 9, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Where is everybody? *sniff*

Jan 9, 2011 at 10:33 am

On Jan 7, 7.21 pm if anyone is around . . . Hope you’re okay, ‘glo; wo too.

Jan 7, 2011 at 5:21 am

This just in: it snows in Wisconsin.

Jan 6, 2011 at 5:22 am

Hello, CIFs. In my neverending saga of cervical nerve pain… I’ve been sent to a pain management doc who gave me trigger point injections that haven’t kicked in yet. I’m tapering off the Neurontin because it makes me stupid. Seriously, I can’t find my words. It’s the weirdest thing, but the doc confirms it’s the medication. Weaning off it is Hell. I feel like I’ve been hit by a very large bus traveling very fast in the wrong lane. And my neck still hurts. Happy Fucking New Years.

Okay. Complaints over. I love you all and hope for only the absolute best of everything for you this year…

Jan 3, 2011 at 1:15 pm

whoooo! I have had a great day. Good food… loving family and dear friends all. and a fantastic movie on the tube to finish off the night…I am going to try to plow the back 40 for a while since I have so much to catch up with …I can’t wait til I get my laptop fixed so that I don’t feel so closed in trying to use the paperweight with my back to the door. I want to break out the bubbly and celebrate with all my CIFs …I miss being able to trot out the menu every day. Tink is keeping me in line and in the loop so for that I am eternally grateful.. so off I go….

Jan 3, 2011 at 2:23 am

Happy Birthday, Rilla! :)

…brewing some beer.

Not ready to go back to work tomorrow.

I hope all my CIFs are having a wonderful New Year’s weekend…

Jan 2, 2011 at 4:21 pm

HAPPPPYYYY NEWWWWW YEEEEAAAR!!!! :-D

Jan 1, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Happy New Year, Wade ♥

Hope the new year brings good things for you and all the PANistas.

Dec 31, 2010 at 10:47 pm

happy new year.

hope 2011 is a good one.

Dec 31, 2010 at 9:28 pm

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good day and night! ;-)

oi, never a need to cow-tow to me! :-D

Dec 25, 2010 at 1:41 pm

So I should not have any random urges for mooing that’s what you are saying CB? gotcha!

Dec 25, 2010 at 11:53 am

Look at all this mistletoe!
    *Grabs glo and gives her a big smooch.*
    Merry Christmas to all!

Ho ho ho!!!

*flies off*

Dec 25, 2010 at 9:37 am

Still here, glo? Work today, or do you have the day off?

Dec 25, 2010 at 7:53 am

☆ Merry Christmas to all! ☆

Dec 25, 2010 at 7:05 am

Reminds me of the “All in the Family” episode when Archie Bunker has a blood transfusion of “Black blood”.
    He asked his West Indian nurse if he should expect any changes “down there”, and she said “Not to worry m’dear, but you may experience a strange craving for watermelon.”

Don’t worry, oi…I never saw Archie Bunker eating watermelon! ;-)

Dec 24, 2010 at 12:51 pm

Merry Christmas!

Dec 24, 2010 at 10:53 am

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Dec 24, 2010 at 10:28 am

Thank you, Wade – and happy boxer day to you, or is that every day, or just when you have a pistol in your pocket ;-)
    Well, twenty-five minutes until Christmas here in Perth. It is 24.8° C/ 76.64°F so it is a hot night. Santa should have on his bathers.
    Merry Christmas CIFs ♥ I know you still have a day of running around, but I’ll have a drink for all of you! For the facebook crew, I spend to much time there, so have deactivated it for the time being, but will probably go back sooner or later.

Dec 24, 2010 at 9:33 am

merry christmas, (((rose)))

and happy boxing day as well ;)

Dec 23, 2010 at 9:15 pm

Hah-hah, Wade! Is that how we get you out of the woodwork. We are very close to Christmas here (in about 12 hours) – so I won’t stay online just now, as there are errands I need to do, but will try to log on later. If I don’t, Merry Christmas my friend. And I hope 2011 is a whole lot lighter and brighter. It is quiet in here, but we do miss you. I better go read the note, now! :-)

Dec 23, 2010 at 9:01 pm

sorry for the absence, ((((cifs)))). i’ve been down in the dumps lately. just haven’t felt like logging in.

then kerry uses one of my notes! and my suggested title!! 8O

:mrgreen:

thanks, ((((kerry)))). i needed that.

Dec 23, 2010 at 7:14 pm

Good morning CIFs and thanks for listening to me. That crappy feeling is gone now.
    Mark I know it was not intensional. They are in clear. I think it is stupid to believe that cows are special. I think every animal has an equal right not to be eaten or eaten. So If I were to be non vegetarian I would not dis(pro)criminate against cows. After yesterday I would not be non vegetarian ever though. The basic reason behind not eating cow was that they were primary milk providers so eating them after using their milk was too close to be comfortable as only other source for milk being mothers. The other reasons were that cow’s milk is the closet thing to mother’s milk and living cow had much more usages than the dead one (only meat and leather) in ancient Indian society. So we proclaimed them holy and nobody was suppose to kill them and eat them.

Thank Glo! It was mixture of shock and as rose said my body’s own reaction.

I think rose you are right. My body is hard wired against meat and that was the reason. Thanks for providing analysis. Even after that crappy feeling was gone I was really puzzled over lost appetite just like that when I was starving just a second ago. I don’t think I ate more than one bite of beef part. May be my body has like biological reaction against meat. I am not going to find out though. I don’t think it has previous bad memories about eating it as I never ever had beef before.

Dec 23, 2010 at 9:53 am

oi, it seems that part of you is puzzled as to why you couldn’t eat it – the sensation it gave you. I believe that we all have a particular biology and metabolism that it is best that we listen to. Some people are terrible vegetarians and crave meat all the time, others can just roll with it and know that vegetarianism is the right choice for them – that meat does physically sicken them.

I would say that your reaction is of course part of having been a vegetarian for so long, so it is what your body is hardwired to, but maybe your body then also has a huge reaction against meat, and that is why you have chosen to be vegetarian. Your body is telling you to eat what is best for you, physically and holistically.

I cannot stand milk. I stopped drinking it from the age of 6 or 7. I still sometimes have ice-cream or cheese, but my body always has a reaction to it. When I was a kid, I knew it wasn’t good for me – so, you know, your body, your reactions, are telling you what you already know.

It’s not a great idea for you to eat meat. I would say it is part of your overall make-up, and that overall make-up is made up of many components and not all of them are purely physical. We have conditioned responses, cellular memories, and, if you believe it, maybe even prior life experiences. Your anger might be at yourself for not checking, or you might be having an experience that links into a prior experience and the strong reaction might be linked to that.

For example, if I feel I am in trouble with someone, I often feel a lot worse than I should because my body has a cellular memory or reaction similar to when I was little, and maybe in trouble with my parents or in an intense situation and the feelings I have are as intense as a six year old’s instead of a more in control and self-sufficient adult.

The feeling can come on without any awareness in my case, and feel so strong, that my body doesn’t realise that the situation I am in as an adult is not the same as the reaction to the memory that I am now playing out. Maybe eating the taco triggered some situation where you inadvertently did something you didn’t want to do, and the consequences were dire, and your emotions are ratcheted up to level that is not in logical proportion to the event, because it is actually the past event you are still reacting to. Just a guess. Maybe not right at all. But maybe worth a thought.

Dec 23, 2010 at 7:24 am

I’m sorry that happened to you, oi. I imagined how I would feel if I accidently ate cat, or baby. It would definitely stick with me. Hang in there, and just keep telling yourself it wasn’t your fault. ♥

*goes over to shrine of framed photos of long-lost troublemakers and sadly adds one of Wade’s boxers to the group and lights another votive*

Dec 23, 2010 at 5:41 am

Responds for no good reason
    I am not a vegetarian (though I may be a vagitarian :twisted:) but that sounds pretty crappy. I do agree that they probably did not mean to violate your standards. Esp since you’re in the Bay Area and not in North Dakota or something *no offence to any ND’s that may be lurking*. I especially don’t know what to say about what I assume are religious issues with eating beef, I know Hindus, um, kinda frown on that. I do definitely think cows are kinda cool and in college I actually drove my car into a herd of cattle (slowly) and they surrounded me and started licking my car (!)… I got some great pictures for my photography class though. But I have no problem eating cows. But anyway, oi, I don’t have any special advice, except that I don’t think they meant anything by it, though that doesn’t really except them from your furious wrathful anger. ;) So really, I have nothing to say.

*enjoys the play of the sparkles scintillating near the condom fern onto the wall and the passed-out-Mishee*

Dec 23, 2010 at 12:46 am

I have to share this. I usually go to this food joint once a week. I pretty much order the same thing: burrito and taco. Both vegetarian of course.They don’t list it but always replace meat with beans. I ordered the same at lunch and told them vegetarian, server told me that they will replace the meat with beans. I said yes. Then I got my food and I decided to eat right there as I was starving. I tarted eating burrito. I was texting and was not at all paying attention about what I am eating. Suddenly there was weird sensation in my mouth. Turned out cook had not replaced beef with beans. I lost my appetite completely. They apologized and made me new burrito as taco was fine.
    I feel so bad (?). I don’t even know what I feel. I know I am really upset. I threw away new burrito and taco. I am not mad at the cook or server though. I don’t know who I am mad at.

I always thought I could be non vegetarian if I want to. This experience proves me wrong. It is not like I feel bad because I am afraid that I did something wrong and will be punished. (religion POV you know) First I know it was totally an accident. Second, it is not like some immoral act.
    I can’t get it over though. Not rational and not at all like me. Who knew roots could be so powerful. I don’t like this feeling.
    Sorry if its TMI.
    Now I will keep refreshing to see if anybody replied. It is not same.
    *Goes to a condom fern corner and hangs pretty and colorful sparkly things right above the fern. *

Dec 22, 2010 at 4:20 pm

Uncertain about protocol, tries to place a plateful of Costa Rican bananas of dubious provenance in close enough proximity to the condom fern to be mildly provocative without having the juxtaposition thought of as an outright encouragement of vegetarian promiscuity.

Dec 22, 2010 at 3:44 am

Looses a few kangaroos into the Q. Just joeys, so they won’t cause too much of a ruckus. Old enough to not need their mothers, though, so not much animal cruelty involved. They’re cute, Wade, and magical. If you can catch one, and they like to be caught, they’ll increase in size and you can hop in their pouches for a ride. Afterward, pull out any present you’d like. That applies to ♥ any and all ♥ who might wander through. Yes, I am in a cute and twee mood.

Dec 21, 2010 at 10:33 am

April’s wisdom is unparalleled…thank God for that. :-D

Oh, I put Wade’s gift under the fern in hopes it will draw him into this place (*hopes Wade is ok*).

Dec 21, 2010 at 6:24 am

•   maceelaine bang

love flex time?
    awwwwwwwwwwww yeah.

Dec 20, 2010 at 6:38 pm

Hate Mondays + love flex time = stuck working 9:00 to 5:30 :-(

Dec 20, 2010 at 9:10 am

*Pops in and strings colored lights onto condom fern. Places spiked eggnog in the fridge.*

Dec 20, 2010 at 1:01 am

Hangs out jingly-jangly lovely shiny purple balls, and a few green ones, and yellow and red and blue – but purple and red the best.

Way to go on the main, Kerry! :arrow:

Dec 19, 2010 at 6:40 am

*hangs an indecent amount of mistletoe around the lounge*

Dec 18, 2010 at 4:52 pm

It’s awfully quiet in here. *begins putting single strands of tinsel on the condom fern*

Dec 18, 2010 at 9:05 am

•   JMonkey78 bang

Howdy everyone. It is cold here in Oklahoma. I can see winter moving in. I woke up to a high just below freezing and it is dropping fast. Wish me lick at work. LOL! We seriously need an android app for this site. I would love that.

Dec 17, 2010 at 10:58 am

Where is teh Wade?

Page turn? PAGE TURN? Um. Sex.

Dec 14, 2010 at 2:29 pm

(((Glo)))

(((Other CIFs]]]

Sorry I’ve been MIA for a little while, I’m super-busy at work and also at home. :) How is everyone?

Sounds like most folks are having some bad weather. It is very wet here (my backyard rain gauge measured 2.44″ for last Saturday) and there are flooding rivers and sewer overflows and such, but at least it’s warm-ish at 43-50° or so.

Teh gurlfriend has the flu, so far I am symptom-less (I was exposed on Saturday). Maybe my vaccine is working? Maybe slightly swollen lymph nodes, but that would make sense…

Dec 14, 2010 at 9:30 am

SOMEBODY certainly decided to wear her the-internet-is-literal-and-all-about-me pants, that’s for sure. It was the “how dare you” that pushed me over the edge. :P

Dec 14, 2010 at 6:44 am

Sorry about that, Glo. Who knew April would be such a joy?! :lol:

Dec 13, 2010 at 10:20 pm

Lake Effect Snow Advisory. 19 degrees and dropping. Hello, Winter.

Dec 13, 2010 at 10:57 am

howdy ho, folks? Anyone around on a wintery Saturday morning?

Dec 11, 2010 at 8:42 am

LOL, CB, now you have me making accusations of murder on the internet!

Dec 10, 2010 at 3:21 pm

Hi Timo ♥

It’s 32° F/0°C (now that Rose is back in Oz I feel I need to translate for her again) here, and sunny, nicely clearing off last night’s snowfall from the roads while leaving the dead grass covered up. Very festive.

Dec 10, 2010 at 2:31 pm

Cripes who knew the the homeless would be a cranky server kind of thread?

Hi all. Happy Friday and enjoy your weekend. It is going to be 82 here so I need to go stock up on suntan lotion. :razz:

Dec 10, 2010 at 12:23 pm

Hey, rose, sorry for the broken link. I saw the shop on the Food Network and am dying to go there!!!

Dec 9, 2010 at 9:16 am

Hey, WotV (and the few others!). Your Voodoo Donut link didn’t work. Is it to the shop in Portland? I went there, even though I don’t really like doughnuts, and I queued, even though I don’t really like queuing, and I got me a Voodoo doughnut. For the experience, see? Bedtime!

Dec 8, 2010 at 9:32 am

Good morning, CIFs! I see Wade has yet to answer my love note…

(((CB))) I always love reading your responses on the MT. Always.

Dec 6, 2010 at 8:39 am

You’re welcome, Tink.
    I need to stop being so aggressive on the MT…I’m far too opinionated, and far to eager to prove a point. :-(
    Gotta try to keep focused on jokes, and not take the bait so often. It makes me look like a pain in the ass.

Not that I’m not right, mind you, just need to learn when to just let it ride. ;-)

Dec 6, 2010 at 4:26 am

And neither of us stuck around to share that coke, glo! How are you? I think the time zone means I won’t get an immediate answer. I miss chatting to you and everyone.

Dec 5, 2010 at 8:08 pm

ROSE! Jinx!

Dec 4, 2010 at 11:09 am

Whoa! new site design! I like it, Kerry and Eerac!

Dec 4, 2010 at 10:39 am

Looks great, Kerry and Eerac!

Dec 4, 2010 at 10:39 am

Dear Wade,

Please make an anonymous “Wade Man of Mystery” FB acct so we can play there.

love,

WotV

Dec 1, 2010 at 11:14 am

Hugs and smoochies to all my cifs… (I promise I smell no more like cigarettes than any one else who’s been out in public spaces conducting business.)

CB, thank you so much for your eloquent defense of smokers. Though I indulge in that nasty, nasty habit far too often for my wallet’s liking, it’s cheaper than therapy and keeps me from killing those who desperately deserve it.

Nov 30, 2010 at 12:48 pm

I can haz napz?

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:00 am

Hey CB.

Insomnia. I haz it.

Nov 29, 2010 at 11:19 pm

Lucky for me defending smokers’ rights is a thirsty job!!

Beer is good! :lol:

Nov 29, 2010 at 11:08 pm

Yes, nicely done, Playa.

We can always use a little culture on the MT! :-D

Nov 29, 2010 at 11:06 pm

You earned it, (((Wade))). It was an awesome comment!

Nov 29, 2010 at 10:09 am

Congratulations, Wade. It was a great comment.

Nov 28, 2010 at 9:24 pm

aww thanks (((Wo)))

and thanks, kerry. :)

Nov 28, 2010 at 5:24 pm

Congrats on Word, Wade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 28, 2010 at 4:18 pm

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving Day, or a nice day if you don’t have Thanksgiving in your locale.
    Sorry ’bout them Cowboys, Wade. The Warden said her watching was bad luck for Cowboys’ opponents on Thanksgiving, so when they started taking control she made me turn the channel.

My lovely cold has been diagnosed as mild bronchitis, and Mrs. CB made sure the doctor (a PA) gave me a return to work note for Monday.

First time I’ve used my insurance benefits. I paid no copay for the Urgent Care visit or for filling the Rx’s. That’s a good plan, right?! :-P

Nov 27, 2010 at 8:46 pm

Hope your Cowboys didn’t ruin your holiday, Wade.

*returns to safer conversational gambit*

Nov 26, 2010 at 12:44 pm

what glo said.

shorter answer – i panicked

*forgot my towel, too*

:P

Nov 26, 2010 at 8:35 am

Noisy parents. Small house. Too old. Arghhh! Yes, ‘glo, it’s very easy to trip me up with guilt and such – I so often don’t say what I mean to that I extend that befuddlement to others.

I wanted to go out of this room and into town, but I don’t feel like facing my father’s friend, nice as he is . . . give it a few moments – they are heading out, apparently – they will be gone and I will be able to re-emerge.

Nov 25, 2010 at 7:55 pm

•   morpho aurora bang

happy thanksgiving y’all! :D (((cifs)))

Nov 25, 2010 at 10:19 am

OH, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUN BARBARA!!!!

Nice of the country to arrange a day off for you!

Nov 25, 2010 at 9:32 am

Now, rose. Objectively, let us look at what Wade said. First he got the color wrong. Cerulean blue is a true blue untinged with either green or purple. While I admit my eye color changes a bit with the light, I have to think they always have some element of green to them. AND I’m pretty famously vain of my green eyes. AND Wade once wrote a lovely haiku to my green eyes, which can be found on Amy’s flickr along with a nice one about her brown eyes. Second, “limpid pools of blue”, while extremely pretty, is a classic poetry cliché. Finally, his repetition of amy’s word “mesmerizing” pushed it over the top. I was pretty sure he was taking the mickey out of me, so I gave him a piece of his own medicine. Wade, however, is master over me in the guilt trip, and I think you fell for it.

AND I have never once forgotten that his eyes are hazel specked with gold.

But Wade is a treasured friend whom I love dearly, and I trust he knows this, so don’t worry. I was never mad at him, although I do (and did) admit to a twinge of damage to my vanity. Besides, the whole thing started because I was fishing for compliments. I got what I deserved.

Nov 25, 2010 at 9:26 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all my lovely cifs. May your tummies be full, your naps be long, and your faces ache from smiling.

Nov 25, 2010 at 8:29 am

Wade, your comment, the original one about glo’s eyes, was lovely. Glo, you are a big meanie! But I know you said it was your vanity, and you all kissed and made up and all is good. But gee, Wade, if most guys had just a nnnnth of your charm (and that goes for most of the guys in the q). Well, you’re all pretty swoonworthy. It’s early this way (10.10 pm, Thurs 25th), but I’m kind of jetlagged – so it’s off to bed. (((CIFS))) ♥ Have great days with your families.

Nov 25, 2010 at 8:11 am

•   snee bang

me too. i’m going to hang out for a bit…on the dark side!

good sneeing you!

(((glowade)))

Nov 24, 2010 at 10:03 pm

hee. :mrgreen:

i am going to take my leave, (((glosnee)))

have a lovely evening ♥

Nov 24, 2010 at 9:59 pm

•   snee bang

you talking like that makes me want to climb a jello tree. :D

Nov 24, 2010 at 9:54 pm

i dunno about newfangled, snee

*shakes Wade fist at facebook*

get off my lawn!

Nov 24, 2010 at 9:51 pm

•   snee bang

it’s a newfangled thing all the kids are talking about!

Nov 24, 2010 at 9:49 pm

what is this book of faces, snee?

(((glo))) 8)

Nov 24, 2010 at 9:45 pm

•   snee bang

wade, TEH FACEBOOK WANTS YOU!

Nov 24, 2010 at 9:42 pm

Never mind, Wade. It was just my vanity.

Nov 24, 2010 at 9:39 pm

naw.

i just trust CB :P

i really did remember, but by then the damage was done. :(

Nov 24, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Did you wake up at 2 am and remember, Wade? ;)

Nov 24, 2010 at 9:29 pm

hi (((glo))) with eyes of green. ♥

back pain is no good, snee! :(

Nov 24, 2010 at 9:27 pm

What is it about the back pain? It’s going around among the troublemakers. Sorry it made its way around to you.

Nov 24, 2010 at 9:21 pm

•   snee bang

hiya ((((wadeglo))))

snickle is fine and staying with grandparents while i’m suffering back pain. but, other than that, life is good.

glo, it was only one sneeze, so i’m lucky so far.

Nov 24, 2010 at 9:16 pm

Oh hello, Snee. Long time no see. ;) Sorry bout the sneezes.

Nov 24, 2010 at 9:07 pm

Happy Thanksgiving, Wade!

Nov 24, 2010 at 9:06 pm

(((((SNEE))))))

how are you and snickle??

Nov 24, 2010 at 9:01 pm

•   snee bang

hellooooo?

anybody home?

Nov 24, 2010 at 8:55 pm

happy thanksgiving!

*think i managed to post that without screwing up.*

Nov 24, 2010 at 8:21 pm

I will have to listen to that one CB.

Nov 24, 2010 at 1:56 pm

Oh, and I like Roberta Flack’s version goo-gobs better!!

Nov 24, 2010 at 1:39 pm

Sorry about that. People like Silence just get on my nerves is all. It’s not their job to make judgements about who is what type of customer.
    That almost always leads to poor service.

I’m a really good tipper and polite customer, but just like servers think they can “feel” what kind of customer a person is, I can “feel” what kind of customer the server thinks I am, and I can tell when I’m not being treated well.

Ah, the self-fulfilling prophecy of a small tip!!

Nov 24, 2010 at 1:37 pm

I don’t know what version either. In fact, did not know that there were more than one versions. It was on radio and I liked it. It was by Fugees.

Nov 24, 2010 at 1:36 pm

Both the original and the remake were pretty big hits, oi. You’re a bit young to know the original, I think.

Nov 24, 2010 at 1:32 pm

oh I forget to add that I LOL’d at CB’s comment. I always picture CB as ruthless opponent. So it was extra hilarious.
    Glo: I have heard that song! It was on my playlist for a while. It makes me so happy when I get reference w/o googling which is kinda rare.

Nov 24, 2010 at 1:24 pm

CBing me softly with his song….

Nov 24, 2010 at 1:13 pm

*settles into Q couch next to SoftyCB as he rebuilds his empire

Nov 24, 2010 at 12:01 pm