Pages: « 114 [113] 112 111 110 109 108 107 106 105 10485 »

I’m still here, waiting for the conversation to resume.

Nov 5, 2011 at 5:20 pm

•   snee bang

miss you, wade! <3

Nov 5, 2011 at 1:54 am

or not. ;-)

Nov 3, 2011 at 5:01 pm

with each day’s passing it becomes harder to think of anything to say, and easier to just abide in silence.

Nov 1, 2011 at 6:35 am

I’m sure someone will soon say “Barack” is Kenyan for “Benito”. LOL

Oct 29, 2011 at 12:29 am

•   Oh Geeeee bang

Welp, I’m creeped out. Err, hi Frankie!

So, has everyone heard the news that Obama is actually a fascist? What’s up with that?!? Just saying…

Oct 17, 2011 at 6:04 pm

•   Frankie bang

*tiptoes in, hangs up creepy vision board and tiptoes back out.*

Oct 13, 2011 at 11:03 am

•   Frankie bang

I’ve been lurking, and practicing my very creepiest leer from behind the tree at this new Oh Geeee character. I’ve decided that she smells nice and I will perhaps attempt to hump her leg if she gets too close to the tree. BTW OG, I’m Frankie, female, 27, married, I work reception/billing/purchasing/wild goose chasing/ass wiping/and even a little designing for a marketing and branding firm in okc. My favorite food is (my mother’s) Manicotti, and I have a somewhat sick obsession with Nora Roberts novels.

Oct 10, 2011 at 5:31 am

Yup… still the same ol place. :grin:

Oct 4, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Got some news for the press. Barack Obama DID NOT tell the CBC to stop whining. That was an inspirational exhortation reaching back to the great civil rights battles many of them (or their parents) were involved in. It was a call to arms, not an admonishment.

Really, if they don’t know how we African-Americans communicate with each other, they should shut the fuck up.

We got it, even if the press didn’t happen to.

Sep 28, 2011 at 2:24 am

*peeking around the Q*
    wow.. how long have I been gone??
    *grabs the cleaning gear and whips into it*
    I am woman hear me roar….

Sep 23, 2011 at 7:51 am

This is the community, cubuncle. You can vent here, but no-one very much visits any more. I’m sure as more people pop through and stay, it could get up to its old hi-jinks again.

If you have a note you want to submit, there is a button for that up the top of the page too.

Sep 23, 2011 at 3:18 am

•   cubuncle bang

I am confused. Do I actually have to mail/email a ‘Note’ to someone or can I just vent here?

Sep 21, 2011 at 10:19 am

Poor Barak Obama. If he tries to do big things he’s called a Socialist in a mad grab for power. If he does things incrementally he’s accused of nipping around the edges of the issues. What’s a President to do?

I know…he should watch a Republican debate. It’s always good to escape from reality every now and again! LOL

Sep 16, 2011 at 6:38 am

Darling, you’ve been Facebooking too much. They always went up, you sexed the page turn because it’s right above the message window, and it was good to turn the page for less scrolling.

It was all so long ago….

Sep 15, 2011 at 1:10 pm

•   Mishee™ bang

oh, I could’ve sworn they used to go down – cause that’s where we would put our “sex” or clever page turn posts! but it’s been a while so I could be wrong…

GLO! What’s your take on this?

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:50 pm

LOL, It’s the crack Baby Girl. The posts have always gone up over here…I think…maybe it’s my beer!! ROTFL

Sep 15, 2011 at 2:58 am

•   Mishee™ bang

Am I on crack or are the posts going UP instead of DOWN now?

Sep 13, 2011 at 11:08 pm

•   Mishee™ bang

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Here I am!

Sep 13, 2011 at 11:07 pm

By the way, OG, I’m WotV. Married, 3 sons, freelance writer, borderline sanity on a good day.

Aug 22, 2011 at 7:49 pm

What the hell is going on in here? I wander off after something shiny and you start talking about prisoners in classrooms and meat. Jaysus, people.

Aug 22, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Hah! Welcome to the club, OG! You know now why they say what they say…”Life’s a bitch, then you die.”

The paychecks will come, and I have every confidence you will find success, but it’s going to be a roller-coaster ride so just hang on and enjoy “The Bitch” we call life.

Aug 11, 2011 at 11:14 am

•   Oh Geeeee bang

Being an adult sucks :-/ After studenthood for the last three years, this whole “real job” thing has me not pleased, not pleased at all. Maybe it will be better once I get my first paycheck.

Aug 10, 2011 at 9:11 pm

I don’t think that was you, Jet! Can you please e-mail me at paanglophile at yahoo.com? Thanks!

Aug 10, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Good day. Had the step-grandchildren here all weekend, and boy are my fake smiles tired!! :-D

Aug 8, 2011 at 10:32 am

Jet, I sent a friend request to the most likely candidate. I think there are more of you out there than you think, and so many of you too shy to give information!

Aug 8, 2011 at 9:11 am

OG, sauce is good, but this is chunkier, more of a salsa with an Italian flavor. Works well as both a side dish and as a topping for the grilled or smoked meat because it has substance. Your Hubby can add or subtract ingredients and measurements to taste, but I think you guys might like it.

Aug 5, 2011 at 1:09 am

•   Oh Geeeee bang

CB, Mr. OG already makes an amazing tomato based sauce with all sortsa spices and bell peppers and onion and a ton of garlic. It’s actually what I requested as my comfort food after day one of the bar.

Jet, not to barge in on your convo or anything, but it sounds like you’re taking a really cool trip. Some day I would like to travel more, or really, at all. Part of me gets all “ahhh, think of all the things I should be doing with that money!” but eventually, when I find the time, I think it’s probably worth it.

Blahhh, I’m just wasting time instead of going to bed which I really need to do. Maybe if I’m lucky(?) tonight I’ll dream of CB’s meat, golf carts and trampolines… or, then again, maybe not.

Aug 5, 2011 at 12:15 am

•   jetjackson bang

Wow it’s getting hot in here!

Glo, I leave on Oct 7th flights booked, it goes, Philippines, China, Russia, Europe then on to the ol USA before South America, for a couple of reasons I had to reverse the order of the trip. Saving the best til last. FB me – ‘Jackson Allan’ – there’s not that many. I’d be happy to drop in and exchange witticisms. I wish I had more time to PAN these days but life gets in the damn way all the time! :)

True Grit – so the movie was based on a book?? I enjoyed they movie – should get stuck into the book.

Aug 4, 2011 at 8:28 am

Blowing on hot, dripping meat? Toss in a golf cart and a trampoline and you’re well on your way! :-D

I really have no recipes. I just toss together a spice rub and smoke or grill away depending upon the cut of meat and the time I have to get it ready.

Always seems to come out good though.

I make a nice ragu of tomatoes, garlic, onions, basil, EVOO, salt and pepper that goes really well over pork, beef and chicken. Have Mr. OG try that. He can tweak that to your likings of course.

Aug 4, 2011 at 4:12 am

•   Oh Geeeee bang

Ya know – I disappear for a few days and conversation picks back up ;-) I’m trying to come up with some coyly suggestive comment here and I’m failing – I figured I would just let you know instead of make some halfhearted and not very funny joke about blowing on hot dripping meat.

Thanks for the suggestions glo, I’ll look into them!

CB, your meat sounds delicious (I am saying this with a straight face…). If you have a recipe you would like to share I would love to pass it on to my husband . . . because he likes to cook . . . and all that . . . hmmm.

Aug 3, 2011 at 9:34 pm

HA! Didn’t see that cumming!!

But I tell ya what, if your touch makes the meat fall off my boner I’m gonna sue!!

That’s not something you can just blow off! :-P

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:47 am

Meat just asking to be touched

Heh heh

Aug 2, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Thanks, Glo. Yours will be that first dollar eaned I tape to my wall.
    I smoked some kick-ass ribs yesterday (Sunday)…six and a half hours of applewood and mesquite smoke.

So juicy you’d want to bottle the drippings as a soft drink. Meat just asking to be touched so it could fall off the bone.

Aug 2, 2011 at 1:15 am

I believe I will fly out to AZ and be your first customer, CB. I recall my mouth watering more than once when reading your dinner descriptions.

OG, a few books I can recommend: anything by Jasper Fforde, The Help by Kathryn Stockett, and I just got around to reading True Grit, which I loved.

Oh, and I’m sure you did just fine on the bar. Hooray for being done!

Jul 31, 2011 at 9:34 pm

•   Oh Geeeee bang

There is a college around here that offers a college education to lifers (or to anyone at the prison) who can meet their admissions criteria. Folks in prison can be super smart and if you don’t give them something productive to do with that brain power it’s just going to go towards causing trouble.
    S’far as having political discussions go, my hubby and I got married in large part just for the political debates. He is uberliberal, very socialist. I am… not. But it’s amazing the amount of common ground we are able to find.
    Oh an eatery sounds fun. My husband wants to own a bodega someday in the suburbs. He wants to basically serve really good meats for sandwiches and grinders and then have that whole little mini-mart thing going on. I’m not sure it’s economically feasible outside of an urban environment but, hey, if we ever have the money to drop on something like that why not? Until then he’ll probably mostly be cooking for me and our children when we have them. He really wants to be a stay at home dad, which is fine with me because he has more patience, is better with kids, and is a nicer human being all around :-D

Jul 30, 2011 at 10:01 am

Mrs. CB and I are big fans of almost anything Gordon Ramsey. Hells Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares, Master Chef.
    We also like Triple D, Next Food Network Star and Chopped. Extreme Chef still has some convincing to do, as does Gordon’s newest show which is pretty much a remake of No Reservations.

Mrs. CB and I go to different rooms when I need to watch my political shows. She’s not very big on political discussion. :-(

I’m leaning towards opening a small eatery when I retire…Mrs. CB says I should, but I really need to define just what to open. Maybe a breakfast and lunch spot.
    I think I mentioned this a month or two ago when conversing on the main with Clumber.

Jul 29, 2011 at 12:06 am

LOL, I’d rather have prisoners in classrooms while behind bars (especially those who will eventually be returned to live among us outside), but especially juicy punishment is offering college educations to lifers.
    Imagine having a mind that’s all dressed up with nowhere to go! :-D

Jul 28, 2011 at 11:54 pm

•   Oh Geeeee bang

Ah CB, my husband watches more tv than I do but it is usually the same channels you listed – a lot of food network, a good amount of animal planet, discovery channel, history channel, that sorta thing. In fact, my husband watched so much food network that he’s starting culinary school this fall… one of those, I just finished getting edumacated so he’s going to learn something new now. In particular we’re huge mythbusters fans (not sure what channel that’s actually on). He watches No Reservations frequently, Diners, Driveins and Dives… that sorta thing.

It’s funny that you mention being a card carrying liberal, I’m a pretty staunch federalist with some seriously liberal ideals. It’s a total identity crisis :-) I think my most egregious offense to the conservative movement has been my absolute passion for prisoners’ rights litigation. I want constitutional rights to be accorded to who now?!? If I could have my way, that’s what I would do with my legal career. Unfortunately the only people who can make monies defending prisoner rights are academics running law school clinics. Someday it’ll be different, maybe. But if you want a pretty lively debate tell me that prisoners are trash who deserve what they get (either that or tell me that they all get free educations while sitting on their butts in prison). This stuff really gets my blood boiling! Oh well, that’s totally off topic :-D I hope you’re having a good day!

Jul 28, 2011 at 6:42 pm

Oh, OG, I’m pretty sure “aaa” is also a law student, though I’m not sure what year of study she’s in.

Jul 28, 2011 at 2:03 am

Got my fingers crossed for you, OG.

Glo is a big reader and there are others around here every now and again too, if they still poke their heads in.
    I’m strictly a TV man now. Mostly History Channel, National Geographic, Food Channel, Documentary Channel, Science Channel and other equally boring things like MSNBC…yes, I’m a card-carrying Liberal despite what my “rantings” may suggest.

I just like a good debate, and when I’m on the manic swing of my bipolar I’ll latch onto one tightly. I’ll play Devil’s Advocate just for the sport of it, doesn’t mean that’s how I live my life.
    When on the depressive side, I can become quite abusive and get over the top at times.
    Anyway, as far as I’m concerned, it’s all in good fun and I don’t take what happens on PAN very seriously or to heart.

Jul 28, 2011 at 1:41 am

•   Oh Geeeee bang

Hah, sorry to disappoint CB. Although I question the motives of a married man trying to get to know folks on a “personal” level – you’ll end up like Tony Q69.

And in other news, finished the bar today – think I failed but won’t know for sure until October. Until then, at least, I can forget everything I never wanted to know about commercial paper and secured transactions. Woot, woot! I’m going to read books – for fun! Anyone have any suggestions?

Jul 27, 2011 at 5:44 pm

Wow. Just wow, I posted an open invitation on the MT and only OG showed up. Disappointing. Very disappointing.

I guess there are a lot of blowhards out there who’d rather not engage in actual conversation. I find that kind of sad, because I’d really like to get to know some of them better on a personal level. :-(

Jul 27, 2011 at 2:50 am

No, Ames, to quote an old Geritol commercial, “My wife, I think I’ll keep her.”

Jul 27, 2011 at 1:54 am

Oops, I forgot to come back.

Oh Geeee Louisiana is hot this time of year (but I’m sure you knew that). We’ve been getting some t-storms so it’s been in the high 70′s, low 80′s today. I live about an hour east of Lafayette. They have an international music festival in April or May of each year there. I highly recommend going during that time. IT”S FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C.B., I’m still single in the sense that I’m not married. I am seeing Miata and that is going well. Now, you just “caught” that wife of yours. Surely you can’t be ready to spread your wings again, can you?

Jul 26, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Stirrings of life in the TMHQ…er…community!

Brings a small tear to my jaded eye. :-)

Still single, Ames? I gotta shake loose of this old lady and come a-courtin’ you! :-)

Jul 24, 2011 at 10:54 pm

•   Oh Geeeee bang

Hi Amy! Nice to metcha! How is Louisiana this time of the year? One of my closest friends is moving down to Louisiana the first week of August to begin a marine biology doctoral program down in/near Lafayette. I am absolutely looking forward to visiting her, hopefully at some point next summer, although it would probably make more sense to go in the winter. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to visit that part of the country yet so I’m excited to get down there. This is going to sound silly, but are there really leper armadillos?

Jul 24, 2011 at 9:03 pm

Hi Oh Geeeeeeeeee (is it ok if I have a few more or less o’s than you have? I don’t wanna count). I am Amy (duh!), 41, f, single,Louisiana.

You sure are holding down the fort here.

Jul 23, 2011 at 8:47 pm

TGIF

Jul 22, 2011 at 8:29 am

•   Oh Geeeee bang

This man is genius – he’s using adverse possession to take over a $300,000 house that had been abandoned by the owner who’d been in foreclosure. And the neighbors are freaking out, but I think it’s brilliance. Adverse possession is meant to keep valuable property from going to waste. With all the houses sitting vacant right now, why shouldn’t someone have the benefit of living there? Yeah it’s true he didn’t PAY for it… but paying for something no one else appears to want (it’s abandoned) would be silly lol. There is a general public policy that good property should not be allowed to go to waste. Would the neighbors really seriously prefer that it sit vacant? (Well of course they would, snotty jerks) Beyond that, vacant houses have the potential of trashing a neighborhood. Vacant houses have been connected with upticks in violent crime and dropping property values. Good luck Mr. Robinson, you only need to crash there for a number of years without being ousted by someone with good title. If you do that, then you’ve earned the property gosh darn it.

Oh and on a more political note – someone in the article says that it’s unAmerican to be able to just move into a house, live there for quite a few years, and own it. After all, even the government needs to pay when they take your shit. That’s precisely because it IS the government, genius. The takings clause is meant to prevent the government, which is massively more powerful than any individual citizen, from taking your shit.

Anywho, anyone want to find a vacant property and move in with me? We could all be tenants in common together!

Jul 21, 2011 at 8:50 am

•   Oh Geeeee bang

Interview skills are important, take it from someone who doesn’t have any. I always manage to say the worst possible thing. When I get jobs I really think it’s just because the interviewer pitied me.
    My best was interviewing for colleges though. The dean of admissions at Elmira College in New York asked me what three words my best friend would use to describe me. Classic question, yet I was unprepared. And, on top of that, my friends and I – well, we’re not nice to each other. So a number of words ran through my head and I settled on “creative…” and then all I could think was ‘this is taking too long, anything I say now will sound fake, this is taking too long, come on words’ “. . . sarcastic and evil!” The freakin Dean of Admissions, a very kind man, leaned back and said “evil? tell me about evil…” Woops.
    In another interview for a summer law thing at a local university I told a professor who asked about school that I love school so much I’m afraid I’ll become “stuck in academia.” Gah.
    And I don’t do these silly things in practice interviews. Just the real deals. It is amazing I ever found a job, ever.

Jul 20, 2011 at 1:09 pm

Well then I’m sold, I’ll get my personal info sent out today and hand in my resignation this morning in anticipation of receipt of my new fortune! :-D

Yeah, accounting was boring, the game room was not and I had so many business and psych courses already that changing seemed like a wise move.

Funny thing is that I never have had a job in HR, but I’m a kick-ass interviewee as a result of learning how to interview potential employees.
    I guess the Law of Unintended Consequences is still valid!

Jul 20, 2011 at 9:33 am

•   Oh Geeeee bang

Hi Glo, it’s nice to meet you. I eagerly await the day (next Thursday) when I can read a book, for fun. But instead of keeping it classy, I’ll probably go buy the newest George RR Martin fantasy novel. I was bummed to miss the entire first season of A Game of Thrones on HBO (don’t know if anyone watched it). But my inlaws just got a cable package that included the series on demand – I am psyched. And hopefully an ongoing cable series will be the motivation Mr. Martin needs to actually finish the books without 5-7 year gaps in release dates.

CB – your insurance company may not be headquartered in Hartford for long. Word is that one by one the insurance companies are moving away; Hartford will soon no longer be insurance capital of the world. Unfortunately, without them Hartford is dying. I’ve even heard pretty well educated people suggest that most of the state government be moved to New Haven. It’s sad. Although I do really like New Haven so not too sad I guess.

There’s a good reason most accounting majors leave it – it’s boring. I thought it would be less boring after I was working – it wasn’t. Thus the career change after only 3 years in the field. The truly sad thing, I had a professor ask a class of accounting majors why they chose accounting . . . it’s the major that required the least number of English classes. At least half the students gave that answer. As an accountant I may no speak good English, but I wasn’t alone.

As for pole dancing, you’ve inspired me! I should start learning/practicing now, it’s a win/win. If I need a job, there it is! If not, I’ll have killer abs so the time spent learning will not have been wasted. I actually have a temp position for 2 years starting August 1st so that gives me plenty of time to practice. The temp job also does not require me to pass the bar so I can potentially take it 3 times before I REALLY start to worry. But I’m going to nail it first time, I hope ;-)

Also, CB – I am good friends with Field Officer Winkowski so feel free to post all identifying information here and I’ll make sure to pass it on. In fact, if you include your SS# and bank account number it would be much appreciated. I also have connections within the IRS and they have a refund to send you but again I would need all your identifying information to process that :-D

Jul 20, 2011 at 9:10 am

My response to a new twist on an old theme:

Damn, you’re stupid!

Why the hell would you need my name and address if you’d already confirmed that $3.7 million belongs to me?

You call that doing due diligence?

Gotta hand it to you for switching from “investigation” to “interrogation”…you’ve probably been interrogated more than a few times! =))

From: U.S Customs and Border Protection
    To:
    Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 3:35 AM
    Subject: Your Attention is Needed

We hereby bring to your notice that a Diplomat with a consignment that was to be delivered to your residence has been stopped by us. This is as a result of the United States of America security measure to avert and combat any form of terrorism and money laundry through the sales of illegal drugs locally and internationally.

During our investigation, we found out that the consignment contained the sum of US$3.7 Million which upon further investigation revealed that the fund is your inheritance.

We have done our due diligence and have confirmed that you are legitimate beneficiary of the fund, and it is no threat to National Security.

Consequently, your consignment will be delivering at your residence by the diplomat without delay after all protocols have been duly observed.

During our interrogation on why this fund was not transfer to your bank account, the diplomat revealed that some people want to divert this your inheritance fund, so he decided to act fast by moving the fund through this means. We hereby advise you to discontinue any further dealings with any other person.

However, before the delivery is made we need you to reconfirm the following information, so that the delivery will be made accurately.

Full Name:
    Residential Address:
    Date of Birth:
    Occupation:
    Telephone/Mobile Numbers:

We await your response.

Regards,

Thomas S. Winkowski
    Assistant Commissioner,
    Office of Field Operations.
    U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Jul 20, 2011 at 1:08 am

OG, you’re in Hartford and I’m in the insurance industry, so it probably wouldn’t shock you to know my company’s corporate HQ is in your town.

I’m originally from right down the road from you (by the standards of the western US), 15 miles due west of Lower Manhattan.
    I started out as an Accounting Major then changed to Human Resources Management. As I recall, nearly half of the new Accounting Majors changed their majors!
    I’m sure you’ll pass the Bar long before you’re forced to reorient it and take up pole-dancing!

Best of luck to you. Slam-dunk it the first time around!! :-D

Jul 20, 2011 at 12:39 am

Whitman, Glo? I had you pegged as a Longfellow admirer! :-P

Jul 20, 2011 at 12:17 am

Hi OG, nice to meet you. I’m not jealous because I saw it Friday morning. I liked it; it was pretty true to the book. I think I liked Part One better.

I’m glo, I’m 41, live in Wisconsin and work at a Quainte Inne. How I love dealing with the public.

*flops down in a corner, pulls Leaves of Grass off the bookshelf and starts to read*

Jul 19, 2011 at 4:29 pm

•   Oh Geeeee bang

I’m going to see Harry Potter! I know, I know. No one’s going to say anything because all y’all are clearly jealous ;-)

Jul 19, 2011 at 4:09 pm

•   Oh Geeeee bang

Hah CB I can try and pull in new personalities but it’s more likely I’ll just end up talking to myself ;-) Not to worry, I am REALLY good at talking to myself.

But s’far as introductions go, I’m 26 living in Hartford CT. I’ve been married for about 3 years, my hubby is awesome. No kids, but looking to start spawning soon. We want to have a big family – we’re both from largeish families. I’m generally socially inept and my choice of profession(s) is indicative of that – I was an accountant but I left that for law school. Turns out, accounting is one of the only fields where demand continues to grow whereas the legal market has crashed and burned. But I don’t have time to worry about that because the bar exam is next week – and that’s why I’ve been on here so much, studying commercial paper 14 hours a day is not good times. It may also be why my personality has taken a definite turn for the worst :-( I’m a little bit… twitchy (*twitch, twitch*). It is a miracle my husband not only did not leave me during the 3 years of law school but has in fact continued to put up with me during the last two months of bar prep. Did I mention he is awesomesauce?

So any lurkers out there should really talk to me… after all, if accountant lawyers do not get sufficient socialization they can revert to inarticulate, condescending, socially inept, assholes (apologies to any of you who are non-inarticulate, condescending, socially inept, CPA JDs *wince*). Post a message, you can help save me from becoming the stereotype.

Jul 19, 2011 at 11:46 am

Not much in the way of “everyone” around here anymore, OG.
    You’ll have to build it all from the ground up again with new personalities.
    Most of the original regulars have moved on, but this can be a good place to make social connections.

We had a ball here doing just that.

I’m CB, age 49, live in Arizona, USA, Came to the site with two daughters and two step-sons all adults and doing well.
    Just remarried last September and acquired two new step-daughters and a new step-son, plus 5 grand-children as of the birth on my sweetheart in January.

Good luck! 154,000 comments later I can say it can be very rewarding creating a space here. :-D

Jul 19, 2011 at 9:48 am

•   Oh Geeeee bang

Well ain’t this interesting! How is . . . everyone?

Jul 18, 2011 at 11:20 am

It’s so quiet in here. You can hear a pin drop. *plink*

Jul 11, 2011 at 12:49 pm

•   secondsout bang

Holy crap. I haven’t looked at this site in quite a while, and was surprised that nobody posts here anymore. I guess people have “lives” now. Wait, whom am I kidding?

Jun 24, 2011 at 10:27 am

•   Frankie bang

((Wade)) my snow melted. Months and months ago. It’s so weird seeing more than 4 months of posts on one page. Makes me a bit sad and such.

Jun 21, 2011 at 1:00 pm

•   GVI bang

Hey OG pangolins :) just stopping by to say add the facebook so we can catch up.

Jun 12, 2011 at 9:07 pm

•   Tropical Annie bang

Well I stumbled across this page, where there were laments that new people were needed. So…. hello. My name is Annie.

May 25, 2011 at 6:19 am

Huh? I know these halls, I walked this floor…

May 24, 2011 at 10:01 am

Well, it’s been great knowing you all.

May 20, 2011 at 7:25 pm

Raury, new members were always welcomed. Graciously welcomed, and we all introduced ourselves and our backgrounds and inquired about theirs.
    They got the boot if they proved to be just plain jerks, but very few proved to be.
    That’s how the “community” was able to grow into what it was.
    A community cannot survive without members, but it cannot grow as ours did without accepting members either…and ours grew, so obviously we accepted new members.

May 17, 2011 at 10:06 am

Hi Raury, I agree that new blood is needed to keep a community going, but this community seems to have dwindled whether there was new blood or not. Maybe it’s time for a whole lot of new people to come in. Most people who post out there now, don’t seem to come in here, but of course that can all change. The people who used to post did just get busy, I think. Times change, people move on.

To become a non-blank-man – I think that Kerry has posted a gravatar link on the main page. If you click it you should be set to go through the process of gaining a thumbnail.

This is posting below the comment box “To associate an avatar with your comments, register your e-mail at gravatar.com”. Make sure you use the email that you write your comments with.

May 15, 2011 at 7:39 am

•   Raury bang

If I may put my two cents in. One person is right when he ( I assume is a ‘He’ I apologize if I am mistaken) said that you can’t have a community without residents but also you can’t have a lasting community if new people aren’t welcomed to join either and if some of the old timers who are residents don’t welcome new members to join and show them the ropes around here or on any sort of forum ( In the case they’re having a bit of a hard time figuring it out) then the community will dwindle as well. My guess is I decided to check this place out at a bad time, maybe ? ( Most likely ) But I assure you that I am no troll and just because I am new doesn’t make me one either. I know how to behave on new sites and such and was thinking of checking out this neighbourhood of the internet. But it looks like a failed attempt as I read the post’s before mine. It’s a shame honestly that it’s dead here.
    And I understand very well that reality happens, as it should and the net should be secondary to it and that contributes to the dwindle of this place too.
    Well then, my regards to all and to all have a good day / night / morning. ( Whatever hour it is wherever you are ) And I’m sorry that too many factors killed this place off for anyone to enjoy. It would have been nice to meet everyone…. but that’s my two cents worth XD

May 14, 2011 at 6:04 pm

•   Raury bang

Test. Apparently I’m blank man. How do I change that ? I’d like a bit more colour to this… Or is this not the right place to ask Newb questions ? If not can someone tell me ?

May 14, 2011 at 2:08 am

(peeking in )
    I think that I have been gone for too long….
    I am going plow a bit of the back 40 and dream of days long ago when I had the time to play in the HQ.
    *snif* I miss everyone so much…

May 7, 2011 at 12:48 am

CB, is the party being set up at your place?

By the way, thanks for the balanced commentary on And don’t you DARE clean out the freezer — I have important bills in there!.

May 2, 2011 at 7:09 pm

Knock, knock…

Hey, can I have this trampoline?

Oh, and this old golf cart?

May 1, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Ugh.

You guys brought me though so much. I’m traveling that same road. In some ways it’s better; in others, it’s worse.

I’ll never forget those that I met here. You ll gave something to me. I thank you.

Can someone teach me how to let go….?to let my emotions flow? I think I’ve kept my emotions in so long so could get by, I don’t know how to be any other way. Any hints?

Apr 22, 2011 at 7:46 pm

•   TickleMyBambo bang

What… Where am I? What is this place? Please don’t hurt me!!

Apr 21, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Yes, it was great while it lasted for us, and maybe it can be great again someday. I laughed out loud many many times. I learned a lot and I got so mad! ;)

I don’t think I’m being melodramatic to say the interactions here back in the day changed my life, and that is why it is so important for me to know how the friends I made in here are doing and for those who aren’t on Facebook, I am constantly thinking of them and wishing them well and missing them.

Apr 21, 2011 at 4:34 am

You were a great help to a good many people, CB ♥

I agree with glo on the slowing down of the q. People chat on facebook, but not to the same degree and generally not at the same time, though others might be using chat and so on.

I just think, it’s the nature of the net – ebb and flow and so on.

Snee, how long is it since you posted? and Wade, you are sorely missed.

Apr 19, 2011 at 9:45 am

Yet again we agree to disagree, Glo. I see the real life discussions continue on facebook, but not here. The only difference I can identify is that that room is more private, so that’s why I said what I said.

I do, however, agree that a good deal of drift occurred with some of our regulars here…including me. And you really cannot maintain a community without residents.

I do hope we agree that it was fun while it lasted.
    There was nothing like it at its height! Great fun, a great resource for advice and at times a great comfort.

My cif’s got me though some very rough times, and I’ll never forget the love and compassion I received here.
    Hope I was (on occasion) helpful to others as well (when I wasn’t bitching about something or other that is). :-D

Apr 19, 2011 at 2:35 am

•   snee bang

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 19, 2011 at 1:35 am

I sent you a friend request, Bunnee. :D

Apr 15, 2011 at 6:24 pm

Glo, let me know if you got the email because MyBlogLog no longer works and I’m not too familiar with Yahoo. I tried a few things, but in the end, I just sent an email. Thx!

Apr 15, 2011 at 5:39 pm

I knew people were lurking! :)
    Glo, I emailed you for the FB page. I think I did it right….Yep, still not too computer savvy!

Apr 15, 2011 at 5:16 pm

I disagree that lurkers and trolls killed the Q, CB. I think what did it was Real Life. We all just started to drift away. I’m grateful most of us are able to keep in contact on FB. I think most of the old regulars are there, but for those who aren’t coughwadecough, you can find me on yahoo as paanglophile.

As for me, I really want to know if JetJackson took his American cross-country motorcycle trip, how it was, and why he didn’t stop to see me. ;)

Apr 15, 2011 at 7:14 am

•   Nyarlathotep bang

Hello. I am new, but I am also the oldest being here.

Apr 14, 2011 at 11:21 am

Lurkers and trolls killed the Q. There’s a private site on Facebook where the cavorting continues safe from prying eyes.

Sorry lurkers, but you made this space too uncomfortable for our casual conversations to continue to take place here.

It was fun while it lasted.

Those who know someone can email someone to be friended into the group I think.

All others are free to start a new “community” here. Doesn’t look like we’ll be using it much anymore. :-(

Only used half this page since February 2nd, and we used to do, what? two pages a day?

Hope you make something at least a tenth as interesting as we built.
    Somehow, I doubt that will happen. Some things are just too special to be replicated, and when they’re gone they’re lost forever. :cry:

Apr 13, 2011 at 1:56 am

oh my. perhaps rumors of the q’s demise are slightly exaggerated. ;)

Apr 12, 2011 at 6:02 pm

Oh, so sad about the Q….I mean, community. I haven’t been here in a while, but I wanted to check in and see how everyone’s doing, but…

Apr 12, 2011 at 11:06 am

•   0falcon8 bang

damn…i think thebluebells killed the community!

Apr 7, 2011 at 10:48 pm

•   thebluebells bang

Love the site! For further laughs visit http://toeicefordummies.wordpress.com. Shameless plug…so sue me. Oh…this site is not for PC nazis, but it is for morons. Waste time and learn nothing!

Mar 28, 2011 at 12:12 am

Hang in there and hold on tight, rose…Japan seems to be a bit shaky right now. ;-)

Mar 24, 2011 at 12:46 am

Thanks, Sunny – for the concern. All is well. It’s pretty quiet in here nowadays!

Mar 23, 2011 at 7:18 am

•   Sundance bang

Rose,

Glad to hear you are well. I came here specifically to see how you were. Keep safe.

Everyone else, HI!!! :-)

Mar 21, 2011 at 6:12 pm

Sorry to hear that, Jet, about the folks down the road. Was that with the huge floods, or the recent rains? That whole coast, and Lyttelton, Christchurch still suffering too. Ye Gads.

Mar 16, 2011 at 9:15 pm

•   jetjackson bang

Rose, glad to hear you are safe.

We were lucky and so did our best to help those who weren’t so… we sit on the top of a small hill in West End and the houses just 100m down the street all went under.

It has been a scary year for natural disasters. Stay safe everyone!

Mar 13, 2011 at 6:29 pm

hey (((rose)))

yeah, i figured your area would be less affected. didn’t know if airline travel would be snarled because of disruptions/relief efforts.

i’m ok. been ridiculously busy at work, which has cut my online time to unacceptable levels.

be safe!

Mar 12, 2011 at 9:46 pm

Hi handsome stranger.
    It seems that my flight is still going ahead. Will confirm tomorrow. The area I’m going to is not affected (Nagoya) – the area I was in, though, felt the earthquake a lot, but was on the west coast, so escaped the tsunami, but the 6.6 2nd (or one of many was in the area), and Fukushima is about 200km away. Am not sure if the graduation I intend to go to is going ahead, but will find out more Monday or maybe tomorrow, due to the time differences. And, may I ask, how are you?

Mar 12, 2011 at 8:57 pm

poor Japan. :(

(((rose)))

are you still headed back to Japan this week?

Mar 12, 2011 at 12:56 pm