Pages: « 11495 94 93 92 91 90 89 88 [87] 86 85 »

It really is but like the dream I am still coming across shite that she left behind. Stuff that was so meaningful to her at one time now left like trash. I am trying not to get angry or bitter but fuck she is an awful person. I just have to get to the place where it doesn’t bother me anymore.

Jun 2, 2010 at 11:00 am

Mmmmmm Bacon.

(((CIFs)))

Timo, isn’t it refreshing not to have to deal with her shiite anymore? Except for the stupid souvenir shiite?

Jun 2, 2010 at 10:48 am

I have to go and find coffee and and the salted cured meat of the belly of a pig…BACON STAT!

Am I alone here… *tap tap tap* is this thing on?
    I finally found my rivets btw. They were here; http://www.campbell-bosworth.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php/currency/AUD/keywords/rivet/page/1/sort/3d

Jun 2, 2010 at 8:31 am

Good morning CIFs.
    Ugh I am not sure what is going on but what a fitful night of sleep.
    I had a dream that my ex and I were on a trip. She was pulling her usual shenanigans disappearing for periods of time and then when I went back to our room her suitcase was gone with her stuff. Well not everything, there was stupid souvenir shit she had bought laying around the room.
    What the fuck subconscious your not even trying to be subtle are you!?!?

Jun 2, 2010 at 8:24 am

Good morning… I think. It’s still early.

Jun 2, 2010 at 7:55 am

PAN went wonky on me :P

night (((glo)))

Jun 1, 2010 at 10:33 pm

lotta catchup work at work

and a wreck on the last bridge i cross meant a 2 hour commute home (first 30+ miles – 45mins. last 5+ miles – 1hr 15mins) :?

Jun 1, 2010 at 10:08 pm

Yep, IRL has me on my toes these days. How was your day, ((((Wade))))?

Jun 1, 2010 at 9:29 pm

mmmm, ‘possum

that’s good eatin’

:P

hi (((glo)))

you’ve been busy busy busy

Jun 1, 2010 at 9:15 pm

Hideeho neighbors! Spent the day painting and the evening watching the local wildlife. That is, watching a ‘possum amble about the yards across the street.

Jun 1, 2010 at 8:57 pm

awww

carole king and james taylor are singing beans’ song

♥ beans ♥

Jun 1, 2010 at 8:14 pm

hi (((rose))) :)

listening to/watching james taylor/carole king concert on public television

Jun 1, 2010 at 7:25 pm

I liked the “Gods and Monsters” reference, timo (after I googled it), and thought it was apt. WotV, I am absolutely not in need of any extra books. In fact, you want I should send some your way? Wade – good to see you fine sir. And, glo, from before, glad to hear the sunburn is diminishing in the “ow” factor.

Jun 1, 2010 at 6:57 pm

Thanks for being sweet, quiet, and snuzzly, (((Wade)))…

Jun 1, 2010 at 5:52 pm

lol

guess i had better not start a loud opinionated argument ;)

gotta go get my grub on :P

(((((Wo)))))

Jun 1, 2010 at 5:47 pm

Yeah. I just don’t like being around all the arguing and loud opinionated crap. It messes with my mood. I think that really screwed up my sleep. I do like cuddling in the Q…. *snoogly*

Jun 1, 2010 at 5:42 pm

*cuddles*

sorry you had such a bad day yesterday, Wo.

thankfully, it’s in the past.

Jun 1, 2010 at 5:38 pm

Thanks, Wade. *snuggles* Mmmm….

Jun 1, 2010 at 5:29 pm

*snuzzle*

i will be quiet when i get up to fix dinner, (((Wo)))

Jun 1, 2010 at 5:28 pm

(((((((((Wade))))))))))) I’m tired. Will keep watch while I take a nap? I need snuggles and quiet time.

Jun 1, 2010 at 5:24 pm

how about this?

Jun 1, 2010 at 5:04 pm

I got it. I knew what it was from!!!

Jun 1, 2010 at 4:30 pm

It is maddening because I was sure I had book marked it on this computer.
    I think my “Gods and Monsters” reference was too oblique to be effective. I’ll go straight to the B.L. quotes from now on. :razz:

Jun 1, 2010 at 3:56 pm

I’d help if I could… but it sounds like you’re looking for a particular site…

Jun 1, 2010 at 3:08 pm

Thanks (((Wo))) No those Tandy rivets I can get anytime.
    Bag rivets are like that except they have a round top. I really was looking for the website I had found them on a week or more ago. it had some other stuff I was interested in too.
    Hi Rose!

Jun 1, 2010 at 1:49 pm

Hi, (((rose)))! I have lots of extra books. Want some?

Jun 1, 2010 at 1:39 pm

Hi . . . the usual drive-by. I’m with Timo on James Taylor, though I like Fire and Rain a lot, and I can see how he soothes if you are feeling stressed. Really like Carol King, though. You know, the box with my most important stuff, Shaun Tan books (you remember, beans?), my favourite artist, Kyosuke Chinai, CDs and so on came over with about 14 books instead of 80 and weighed about 8 pounds instead of 18 kilograms. *Sigh*. I know it is the one that the woman in the Japanese post office refused to tape for me. It looked as if it was taped, as it was an older box, but it wasn’t. My language wasn’t good enough, and there was a queue, and she was being a bitch. It’s kind of handy. Anything I have ever lost in my life now can be attributed to that one box which turned up with someone else’s reading tastes. :)

Oh, and Dennis Hopper died the other day.

Jun 1, 2010 at 1:30 pm

What are copper bag rivets?

These? http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/home/11280-006.aspx

Jun 1, 2010 at 12:38 pm

Arrrrgh!
    I am struggling with my google fu to find copper bag rivets. At least that was what I think they are called.
    Work today is “riveting”.
    Hey, thank you, thank you, I will be here all week.

Jun 1, 2010 at 12:27 pm

He isn’t for everyone… or for every mood. It kinda has to be the right place, right time…

Jun 1, 2010 at 11:33 am

I don’t dislike James Taylor it is just that I find his music either too feminine or to melancholy. If I hear too much of him I am looking for some emergency bourbon and a rope.
    But I realize he is an accomplish musician-songwriter. Just not my cup o’ tea. :grin:

Jun 1, 2010 at 11:29 am

I’m a James Taylor fan as well. When my oldest was an infant and had colic, he would stop crying when he heard Copperline. I’m pretty sure I owe my sanity to JT for that.

Yesterday was just yucky. It’s just an unpleasant environment. I’m glad to be home. I didn’t sleep last night… I suppose between the craptastic day and the burn on my arm I just couldn’t stay asleep. So I’m sleep-working today.

Jun 1, 2010 at 8:03 am

Good morning, all! For me, the long vacation continues. Yesterday was pretty boring–”picnic” at my sister’s and back to the Motorcycle’s to watch movies. My sunburn is mostly faded today.

Rose, sounds like y’all need a warehouse or something over there! 8O

Beans, I love James Taylor too. Sweet Baby James is my favorite. I love the lyric “Deep greens and blues are the colors I choose” for some reason.

Jun 1, 2010 at 7:01 am

We spent the day moving. It rained in the morning as boxes were being taken to the truck (I was upstairs, packing -heh). It brightened up in the afternoon when there weren’t such heavy boxes to take to the truck. Came home. Rearranged some things, then took the dog for a walk. Snuck onto the golf course. It was about 9.30, so it was okay. He ran like a crazy thing. He loves open spaces. And thank you, WotV and glo, he is cute. CB, I’m glad your mum and girl get on, and WotV, well, at least blood wasn’t spilt. I’m kind of pleased, often, that my siblings don’t live all that close ;) They are nice, though.

Jun 1, 2010 at 12:50 am

It’s over!! Long day BBQing ribs (crazy good, falling off the bone juicy), beef kabobs, corn and baked potatoes.
    The Warden came over to sup with Ms. CB and me.
    We all had a good time.

So glad they get along!! :-)

May 31, 2010 at 11:56 pm

good night, (((beans)))

you can close your eyes

May 31, 2010 at 10:49 pm

:D

May 31, 2010 at 10:31 pm

♥ beans ♥

May 31, 2010 at 9:41 pm

well it didn’t rain, but it did threaten, so no one came.

BUT then i ate curry with my good old faux family and now i’m watching james taylor on tv. i love james taylor. have i told you about how much i love james taylor? i recently entered a contest 77 times to win tickets to a james taylor/carole king concert, but i did not.

anyways, im happy now. :)
    (also, BL has been scolded by her boss and was, as a result, hugely pleasant to us all today.)

(i will NOT make a raunchy joke about James Taylor.)

but his second (third?) encore just now was “you can close your eyes”, which is my VERY favourite song in the whole world.

May 31, 2010 at 8:19 pm

(((((Wo)))))

on the bright side, just mowed my lawn

yay for northern summers ;)

May 31, 2010 at 7:39 pm

That was not fun. I do not understand why my brother in laws must proclaim their idiotic ideas at full volume. I have a headache and had a crappy day. I wish I could have stayed in the Q all day.

May 31, 2010 at 6:58 pm

lawn still unmowed.

May 31, 2010 at 3:32 pm

I want alcohol too. CIFs too have abandoned me? :(

May 31, 2010 at 12:31 pm

Hey ((((Wadeglo))))! No alcohol. That’s why it’s so bad. Oh, and no Internet unless I can somehow latch onto a neighbor’s wireless – sporadic at best.

*sigh* Kill me now.

May 31, 2010 at 11:30 am

I have burned myself working in a ice cream shop. I had to make waffles and I would inevitably find inside of elbow burned once a day moving that huge ass griddle.
    I am working today. :(

May 31, 2010 at 11:12 am

*full disclosure – i woke up at 5:30am*

i worked on the serving line at a camp once, and on a 100°+ day the power (and a/c) went out during dinner. the gas burners, however, worked just fine. :P

May 31, 2010 at 10:56 am

((((Wade)))) Yeah, well, that’s the problem with getting old; hard to sleep in. However, good thing about days off is you get to go take a nap, which I was just doing. Until the Boss Lady called. Guess what? Printer wasn’t working again. sigh.

Beans, I totally sympathize on the heat. We have no a/c in the kitchen, either. Oven continuously on, dishwasher going, fridge throwing off heat, coffee maker. I hear ya.

Wo, will there be alcohol served at this picnic?

May 31, 2010 at 10:45 am

8O

you were up awfully early on a non-work day, (((glo)))!

hope you have a fun and relaxing day.

May 31, 2010 at 10:34 am

now whenever i think of beans, i will think “that’s hot.”

(((Wobeans)))

i should mow my lawn today. i would rather be at the beach.

May 31, 2010 at 10:31 am

We love you too, Beanie Baby!!!!

May 31, 2010 at 9:56 am

its the fifth day straight of 30+ degree weather.
    they are calling for thunderstorms but they’ve been calling for those since thursday and there has not been ome cloud in the bleeding blue sky since then.
    oh, i lied. there’s one wispy one over there. it doesn’t appear to have the capacity to soak us.

noww, i actually love this weather, but the business of my work is directly proportional to the hotness of the weather, my boss refuses to schedule extra (read: enough) staff so she can keep her bottom line bedrock low, and, even when the air conditioning is working (it leaks into the dining room, and instead of fixing it they just turn it off. because people like to eat in a gagillion degree weather) i work in between 6 coffee burners, two waffle irons, a toaster, a grill and an espresso bar.

IT’S ALWAYS HOT.

also, i hate my boss, but i love you all!

May 31, 2010 at 9:34 am

After having consumed some caffeine, I want to add: Let’s not trivialize Memorial Day as just another day off of work and a BBQ. Let’s take some time to remember & honor those that have given their lives so that we can enjoy the lives we have.

May 31, 2010 at 8:33 am

I simply am NOT in the mood for another picnic today. I know, sounds silly, but it’s at the in-laws and there’s always the posturing and one-upmanship there. At least at my dysfunctional family events we already know we’re fucked up.

Oh, and happy Memorial Day…

May 31, 2010 at 8:15 am

Elroy surely is a cutie, rose.

CB, I have a constant urge to go back to a little hole in the wall in the UP (that’s Michigan’s Upper Peninsula to those not familiar with Midwest geography) where the Motorcycle and I had the best pizza I’ve ever had in my life. But it’s at least an 8 hour drive, so….

Happy (?) Memorial Day. We’re getting thunderstorms here this morning, but luckily my plans have a rain safety built in.

May 31, 2010 at 6:03 am

Ever found “a little out of the way place” that turns out to be one of the best restaurants you’ve ever eaten in?
    Such was our experience at breakfast Saturday morning.

Nothing beats A/C set low enough so your eggs don’t get cold while you put sugar in your coffee!

Mo, it’s behind the Home Depot that is on Country Club in Mesa just off the 60.

May 31, 2010 at 3:55 am

Thanks for the advice, beans and glo. I got them apart :)
    glo’s weather today was really warm, and wotv has posted pictures of sun. I am still wearing my winter coat. I posted a comment on WotV’s flickr that I think that we’re being punished for the panvention indiscretions with the worst weather ever. Spring, my arse (well, it does look rather spring-like every now and then). Maybe it will stop raining some time before June. *sigh*. Still pretty, though. But I have had the laziest day ever.

You might all enjoy this little foodie ♥ Scroll down.

May 31, 2010 at 1:28 am

Ice water in the inner bowl, outer bowl in hot water.

Or just yank them apart like I do. You think you’re going to break them, but they’re really not that fragile.

May 30, 2010 at 5:56 pm

rose, try floating it in ice water. its how i get jammed glasses apart at work. the cold shrinks thinks just enough to wiggle loose.

also, hello.

May 30, 2010 at 2:30 pm

Hi anyone floating about on a Sunday. Ouch to the sunburn, glo. Good luck with the writing, WotV.

Does anyone have any hints about how I can separate two glass bowls. They were a little wet (and still are) and didn’t quite nestle into one another in the way I hoped. I could try spraying them with the hose, but to no avail. Really, any hints would be good. I’ve soaped them up and soaked them too. There is a little gap.

May 30, 2010 at 12:30 pm

Hi, (((((cifs)))))). With the assistance of 6 appletinis, I made it through a day at my mother’s without killing anyone.

Today I’m planning to sit on the patio and write while the men dig a trench for the pool heating pipes.

May 30, 2010 at 11:02 am

I used to have that pic as my computer wallpaper, rose. I love it!

I got severely burned on the motorcycle yesterday–my arms are lobster-red and they hurt! I am way old enough to know better. :oops:

This morning I’m making a big batch of potato salad for tomorrow’s picnic.

May 30, 2010 at 8:04 am

I haven’t read the last page, so i really don’t know where I’m wandering with the giraffe’s tongue, but here’s a picture for you all. I have it in my mind that a Western Australian photographer took that, but I could be wrong. Wade, I do remember you telling that story. Imagine being singled out by a giraffe. Even though it obviously hurt, it’s pretty amazing.

Ears and neck, definitely, also, just below the navel and just above the nether regions on the stomach. Ooh la la.

Fan, thank you for all the comments ♥

I am off for a walk. I smell like washed dog, because I just washed him.

May 29, 2010 at 5:10 pm

((((fan)))
    I love lazy Saturdays and farmers markets! so much good food!

May 29, 2010 at 3:23 pm

What are you up to today C.B. ? ♥

I am sitting here being lazy, planning my veggie garden. I really need to go to the farmers market and buy some plants.

May 29, 2010 at 12:34 pm

….very shortsighted of him to let his health go.

To make a long story short…. he was an angry little man!

May 29, 2010 at 12:29 pm

I see Gary Coleman is really dead.
    I always thought he’d be a little dead.

May 29, 2010 at 12:23 pm

Now THAT is foreplay, glo! ♥

Watch out for your PATDS status!

May 29, 2010 at 12:12 pm

Hi CIFs! I got a promise to take a motorcycle ride to the yarn store! Hooray! :D

May 29, 2010 at 11:59 am

You, too, sweetie!!!!!!!!!!

May 29, 2010 at 9:16 am

Yeah, I need to go jump through the shower.

Have a great day, Wo!

May 29, 2010 at 9:16 am

Aw, ((((amy)))), you flatter me. I suppose I should go see if my shirt is dry yet. *sigh* I better pack extra vodka. This could be a looong day.

May 29, 2010 at 9:13 am

I wouldn’t call myself a typical mom, either. That’s what makes us so awesome :D

I liked the drawings he did. I don’t doubt that anything you do is done tastefully. You are a class act, (((WotV))).

May 29, 2010 at 9:07 am

Scary because I’m most definitely not a typical Mom. But I love that he trusts me and tells me everything. My other two aren’t like that, but my oldest and I share a lot of the same personality traits, likes, and dislikes. And he did a bitchin’ job on that LOST pic he took of me. The figure drawings on my Flickr are ones he did of me as well. Yes, he needed some for his portfolio, so I modeled for him. Tastefully, I might add.

May 29, 2010 at 9:04 am

Scary, why? Because it means he knows how “warped” you are? I wish my son understood me that way. I think it helps with communication, etc. We are doing better than we were a few years ago and I’m sure (hope) there will be continued improvement.

May 29, 2010 at 9:01 am

He’s 18. And he gets me. Which is really scary.

May 29, 2010 at 8:55 am

Lol! How old is he? Nobody wants to see their Mom sitting around in a bra. It’s in our genes or something.

May 29, 2010 at 8:51 am

Considering the fact that my life is a sitcom, I’m pretty sure I’ll have plenty of stories. In fact, the oldest just came in and looked at me, looked at my bra, looked back at me, rolled his eyes and said, “shirt in the dryer?” Yeah.

May 29, 2010 at 8:40 am

I’m sure you will make the most out of it, regardless. Be sure to regale us with funny stories, too, please.

May 29, 2010 at 8:36 am

My family (5) plus my son’s girlfriend and a kid who calls me his “Other Mother”, my sister with her hubby, 3 kids and their 4 kids and significant others as well as my sister’s in-laws… Um… too many, I guess. I bought plastic appletini glasses and the fixins for them…

Ha! Nearly forgot my mother. Damn, I wish I could forget her!

May 29, 2010 at 8:28 am

If they are dysfunctional, I would fit right in, lol. How big will this picnic be? Those baked beans sound nom-a-licious.

May 29, 2010 at 8:20 am

I wish you could! My family is completely dysfunctional. I plan to drink vodka and laugh at them, because I am NOT putting on a bathing suit. Too many “extra” people there.

I’m making my famous “diabetic coma baked beans” with BBQ sauce and brown sugar and BACON! Yum!

May 29, 2010 at 8:16 am

Absolutely!I wanna come to the picnic, (((WotV))). I can’t recall the last time I had a picnic.

May 29, 2010 at 8:12 am

I had planned to have a Naked Friday, but forgot. Instead, I am having Half Naked Saturday Morning. Join me, (((amy)))?

May 29, 2010 at 7:55 am

Good morning, ladies. WotV, whenever the boys were around Glo, tongues just seemed to pop out. You have to look out for Glo. She’s a stealthy sex kitten.

May 29, 2010 at 7:31 am

Sorry I disappeared, Wade. I was exhausted. The subject matter and sheer volume that the client wants is intimidating. Every time I send something, I get notes back reminding me to put the focus on foreplay (I am leading up to it with explanations of why it’s necessary) and to make it “spicy”. I told him that I have no issue with spicy, but I will only write porn for my cifs.

Glo, thanks for the Timo tongue research. I am now even more jealous of the action my cutout saw in Seattle.

May 29, 2010 at 6:34 am

On the subject of Timo’s tongue, it didn’t take any of my skin off, but if he had kept licking me, something else might have come off.

On the subject of foreplay, the sexiest thing anyone did for me what go outside and get my knitting for me out of my car. What can I say? It had been a long time since anyone did anything nice like that for me. On the more traditional side, I can never have too much attention paid to my neck.

On the subject of braless hugs, here’s a double: giving and receiving (I can only assume): (((((((((((((Wade))))))))))))))))

May 28, 2010 at 10:14 pm

ok

i’m going to give up as well

night (((cifs)))

May 28, 2010 at 10:08 pm

is it the amount of work or the subject matter?

oh, maybe that was goodnight.

(((Wo))) ♥

May 28, 2010 at 8:57 pm

I don’t know if taking this ebook job was a good idea, but I’m taking it one day at a time. The other job is much better.

Gotta go catch some sleep. I’m beat.

May 28, 2010 at 8:54 pm

slow, Wo

partly do to my lack of motivation

oh, and this is for

((((((((((glo)))))))))

May 28, 2010 at 8:46 pm

Wade, if you’re still around… The writing is going pretty well. I have a couple of new clients that will hopefully end up long term…. How is job hunting?

May 28, 2010 at 8:44 pm

that sounds like a plan… or the beginnings of one

you too, sweetie!

bye (((beans)))

May 28, 2010 at 8:28 pm

i want to go on a road trip. i love visiting. i might as well just go somewhere.

gotta jet!
    love you!

May 28, 2010 at 8:22 pm

mmmm, coffee.

my sister and some cousins

and friends from living there

May 28, 2010 at 8:19 pm

you have family in texas right?

im trying to find a job thats teaching related, or art related… anything other than coffee related really.

i really think the class will be a highlight.

May 28, 2010 at 8:18 pm

workworkworklookfornewjobworkworkwork :|

might go to texas for a visit

oil painting sounds fun!

May 28, 2010 at 8:13 pm

*belatedly blushes*

im taking an oil painting class! and im on a soft ball team. and i plan on camping again – i already went last week…

what about you guys?

May 28, 2010 at 8:11 pm

i guess so, beans. happy belated PANiversary! ♥

yep! we talked about the convoluted way of locating victoria day on the canadian calendar ;)

big summer plans?

May 28, 2010 at 8:08 pm

we very well might have. I KNOW! i started reading PAN last christmas and talking in here a few months after that. i guess we’ve passed my PANiversary.

May 28, 2010 at 7:59 pm

btw – based on what i have seen on flickr, i must co-sign Mark’s statement re beans

that is all