It was my pleasure, TOS. I particularly enjoyed it when you and Rose both called me glo.

Oh, here’s a bit of rudimentary info on the flea market I was talking about.

Jun 28, 2010 at 7:49 pm

Thank you, Glo, for showing Rose, E and me around this morning. It was a real treat for the three of us.

We’re now in Chicago on the 33rd floor of a brand new condo on State Street. It’s a beautiful corner unit, but whenever the air conditioner is on, I hear Led Zeppelin’s “Kashmir” playing. I can’t help but think that the band is missing out on royalties that are rightfully theirs. Would anyone here happen to know where I can contact Robert Plant or Jimmy Page?

Jun 28, 2010 at 7:37 pm

God, jinx is boring.

Jun 28, 2010 at 7:32 pm

well, if it is any consolation, (((glo))), the strings i pull have not worked to my advantage.

*sigh*

Jun 28, 2010 at 5:15 pm

Isn’t it interesting how we expect nationality/culture to affect (had to really think that word through–CB has me paranoid!) basic human nature, Wade? I’m really pretty skeptical about how much we can change. I used to be starry-eyed and hopeful of creating a better society, but not any more. There’s always a new crop of haters, a new crop of anarchists, a new crop of shadowy authorities pulling strings to their advantage. Depressing, really.

Jun 28, 2010 at 4:53 pm

i did not realize canadian police are being trained by blackwater. :x

that’s terrible, beans.

and to a näive american, surprising. i would have expected that sort of thing on my side of the border, not yours :(

Jun 28, 2010 at 4:43 pm

all i can say is that while there were a handful of criminals enacting destructive and illegal activity, there were also more than a handful of police violating human rights and acting unprovoked against peaceful protesters.

there were more than a few cases of officers detaining and beating members of the press, civilians not involved in protest, as well as protesters completely within their rights to assemble.

lines of riot police trapped clusters of people, protesters and otherwise, on city streets, detaining them without communication (no phones, get your hands out of your pockets) or cause, in the rain, for upwards of five hours. not individuals, masses of people who were just on the street.

the image the media is presenting is a few guys in black, smashing windows in front of plumes of black smoke, not innocent protesters being dragged on their faces out of a group, or 70 year old women being corralled and threatened with batons on their way home from the market.

Jun 28, 2010 at 4:32 pm

there is a group of masked anarchists that always show up at G20 meetings to cause mischief, beans. sorry it got so crazy.

yay for irl q meetups, (((glo)))

*prepares to watch brazil/netherlands in black & white*

Jun 28, 2010 at 4:24 pm

((glo)) sounds like a fun time! plus now you have witnesses for your complaints regarding the B.L.

stuff like this makes me feel powerless and angry, and quite frankly like a young liberal with no outlet, yelling at the sky. i didn’t go protest because i felt that there was not a unified front on any issue, but if i were to protest anything it would be the dealings with the protest. so unbelievably unacceptable. and the chief of police keeps saying he is proud of the professionalism of the forces.

Jun 28, 2010 at 3:36 pm

((((Wade Beans Timo Toy))))

Happy Birthday, Toy!

Jun 28, 2010 at 3:28 pm

Fascinating…
    It appears that not only has the Nederlands moved on but Brazil has won as well.

Hullo ((((Glo))))

Jun 28, 2010 at 3:19 pm

Well, I ushered Rose and TOS and Elroy around Lesser Podunk today. They got a mini-tour of YOQI and got to meet the Boss Lady. Then we went over to view Lake Michigan from a bluff-top park and then they went on their way to Chicago while I went on my way to taking The Nephews to swimming lessons. Turns out I was also responsible for getting Nephew The Younger to piano lessons. A bossy older sister is a trial.

But yay for getting to see Rose and TOS so soon again and Elroy is quite the charmer. :)

Jun 28, 2010 at 3:12 pm

i totally feel your pain Toy.

footage of police brutality and “peace-keeping” is filtering out. scary, outrageous and upsetting.

this is a well known, nationally credible reporter’s take on the situation.

Jun 28, 2010 at 3:10 pm

You can have about 40% of my humidity, Mo.

Ug. The problem with having long hair is that even if I do jump in the shower or the pool to cool off, when I get out, my hair just creates a halo of humidity around my head. I am so ready to shave my head!

Jun 28, 2010 at 2:10 pm

I am hoping for Brazil out of deference and loyalty to CG!
    *misses CG*

It is just really really fucking hot here. But like they say it is a dry heat. For now.

Jun 28, 2010 at 1:33 pm

WELP! just turned to night here.

big line of thunderstorms moving through

8O

Jun 28, 2010 at 1:08 pm

Sounds promising, Beans. Good luck!

Wade… if the air wasn’t almost completely saturated, I would melt right here. Its looking like rain though, so I’m hoping that’ll help.

I’m not following the World Cup at all, but I’m hoping Chile wins. Have family there :)

Jun 28, 2010 at 12:21 pm

there is a contractor outside my office boring a hole under the parking lot to connect to something in the building.

joy.

and they cross over the gas line directly outside my window.

double joy.

Jun 28, 2010 at 11:30 am

that will certainly be a bright game!! i am hoping it’s chile who goes through (go Massi!)

it’s hot and humid here too. it’s been raining a LOT, so expected the humidity to be cut, but no dice.

Jun 28, 2010 at 11:01 am

yay beans!

if brazil beats chile, the holland/brazil match will make my eyes hurt!

are you sweltering like i am, Toy? i don’t mind the heat as much as i do the humidity.

Jun 28, 2010 at 10:58 am

aww, thanks Toy.

we just met a few days ago but we really hit it off, and then he came to visit me at work. needless to say, i’m charmed right out of my socks.

so he hasn’t asked me out but i’m fairly certain he will. (here’s hoping!!)

HUP HOLLAND!!

Jun 28, 2010 at 10:55 am

Nothing embarrassing about that, Beans! Hope he calls soon and tells you that you’re wonderful :)

Jun 28, 2010 at 10:50 am

it was gorgeous!
    now there is a penalty kick for Slovakia. i’m glad we got that second goal to avoid overtime!

we win!!!!
    be right back, gotta run around the block with my flag!!

Jun 28, 2010 at 10:49 am

[[[mobeans)))

just tuned in and saw the oranje score their second goal.

Jun 28, 2010 at 10:46 am

YAy! I have my fingers and toes crossed for you Beans!

Jun 28, 2010 at 10:13 am

SOOO happy Robben is back from being injured.
    got my oranje hat on!

yesterday i was at a British pub from 8 in the morning. i got called into work at 5 and might have still been a bit drunk.

tonight some family friends are coming over, but what i’m actually anxious for is (embarassingly) that a boy i am quite smitten with is back from being away from the weekend and is s’posed to call me after work. i’m a huge girl today.

also was at the pub for the US/Ghana game, completely painted and be-flagged for Ghana. SO exciting!!
    i got interviewed for a blog. if i can find the video online i will post it here and you can see my excitement!

Jun 28, 2010 at 10:11 am

Thanks, Beans. What are you doing tonight?

((((WoMoWade))))

Jun 28, 2010 at 9:43 am

Hi (((Beans,HforT,Wo,Wade]]]
    I am happy that Germany won but sad that Mexico lost and incredulous that Ghana won! Can team USA please at least make it past the knock out round next world cup!?!?
    Nederlands scored! YAY!!! I am wearing Orange today too!

Jun 28, 2010 at 9:29 am

hi (((gloWobeansH4toy)))

another code orange, no breathing allowed day :P

Jun 28, 2010 at 9:24 am

Beans, why don’t you come on down to NY and help me clean house for my son’s grad party this coming weekend? Bring your bathing suit. We can swim between jobs.

Jun 28, 2010 at 9:19 am

well happy birthday then!!
    im up for a very very boring and long day guys, and that is NOT going to make this evening come faster.

entertain me.

Jun 28, 2010 at 9:09 am

Nice to meet you, Beans :) I haven’t been to Ontario in quite a while, but I have family up there I keep planning to visit!

Yesterday I celebrated my 26th birthday for the 8th year in a row :) I have a husband and two and a half kids and we live in Northeast PA. I occasionally get paid to do some auction work, but mostly I just sit here reading PANs :)

Jun 28, 2010 at 8:59 am

this is one of those days that i just want to be over. my shift was canceled and i am really anxious for it to be this afternoon.

i’ll be watching the game but beyond that i don’t know how i am going to get there.

hi H for Toy, i don’t believe we’ve met.
    i’m Beans, 22, studying to be an Art Teacher, living in Southern Ontario and getting paid to make coffee.

Jun 28, 2010 at 8:35 am

Good morning (((all))) hope you had a good weekend!

Jun 28, 2010 at 8:34 am

(((globeans))) Thanks, glo. That is perfection.

Jun 28, 2010 at 8:19 am

what an awesome little camera effect there.

everyone watching the Netherlands/Slovakia game? i should hope so!

Jun 28, 2010 at 8:06 am

Good morning, Wo.

Jun 28, 2010 at 7:48 am

Hey, (((cifs))). Just stopping in to say hello. I hate Mondays.

Jun 28, 2010 at 7:25 am

I resent your implications about Wisconsin State Troopers, TOS. They would never take a bottle of Jim Beam and drink it.

The only thing in a bottle anyone drinks around here is brandy.

Jun 28, 2010 at 7:16 am

well… around here there are height restrictions for becoming a state trooper but I don’t know about age.

Dang! Jinx won. I swore I wouldn’t dignify that crap with a response, but my self-control failed me. Ah well. There’s always tomorrow, and I’m still way cuter. ;-)

hullo to all my lovely cifs – have been hanging out with ‘rilla tonight … you guys missed out on a great time, but I promise we had enough fun for you, too.

Jun 28, 2010 at 3:46 am

I wonder what percentage of our nation’s highway state patrol officers decided to enter the field of law enforcement just so they could get lots of free booze?

The bottle of Jim Beam that Rose mentioned earlier was at least three-quarters full! As we drove past, I saw one officer staring at it so lovingly that he was licking his lips in in his anticipation of sitting in his squad car and sipping some of that sweet, sweet Kentucky bourbon, knowing full well that it had been aged longer than similiarly-priced brands from so-called competitors to add a little more character and complexity.

In fact, he seemed to be so delighted that Jim Beam bourbon is filtered through charcoal for a more rounded and mature taste, that it appeared he was starting to become physcially aroused.*

Is it any wonder that today’s underage drunk drivers are increasingly reluctant to get pulled over by the police?
    * (Admittedly, I was slightly drunk myself, and driving past at about 93 mph, so I can’t be 100 percent sure that I could correctly ascertain the precise state of his arousal. I do know that the site of that luscious bottle gleaming in the sun had the effect of putting me “in the mood.”)

P.S., Does anyone here know if there is a maximum age allowable for becoming a state trooper?

Jun 27, 2010 at 11:23 pm

hi ladies and gentleman. i want it to be tomorrow.

toronto was craaaazy. i stayed safe. neither got arrested nor set on fire.

Jun 27, 2010 at 8:25 pm

The Motorcycle just came in from vacuuming the pool and reports that there are a lot of mosquitos in Milwaukee, too.

Jun 27, 2010 at 7:14 pm

TOS and I driving down 94 in WI
    just outside of tomah, gateway to cranberry country. Just saw 3 kids pulled over, bottle of Jim beam outside the car. We are seeing glo tomorrow! Then onto Chicago for some family stuff. Mitchell, SD, has a lot of mosquitos.

Jun 27, 2010 at 5:55 pm

hullo…*slips the everpresent dogend out and light up*
    Weekends are so limited…..(pulls out the deep cleaning supplies and starts in)

missing everyone.

Jun 27, 2010 at 2:13 pm

and born half a world away from each other ;)

Jun 26, 2010 at 9:34 pm

we are olny 20(15? 25?) years and gender apart so no lying here, right Wade, i mean myself?

Jun 26, 2010 at 9:11 pm

i am oi

Jun 26, 2010 at 8:46 pm

I am wade. :P
    ((((Tink))))

Jun 26, 2010 at 8:36 pm

lol (((mama)))

you made me feel sorry for those gators! ;)

good for you (((Tink)))

(((glooiBunnee)))

i think i’ll just leave my dream uninterpreted, glo :P

i am a hugger, but i never presume others are

Jun 26, 2010 at 8:30 pm

•   mamason bang

glotinkoiwade, I had a dream the other night and there were alligators in the parking garage of my office building. Scary! They were big huge gators and I jumped onto the roof of a car, the only car in the garage, and these gators kept running and they could jump and I was kung fu kicking these damn gators. I woke up when I realized that it was absurd to think I could continue this onslaught for any length of time.

Oh, hai everybody.

Jun 26, 2010 at 7:04 pm

♥ Tink ♥

Jun 26, 2010 at 6:37 pm

Hi Y’all! (((((((cifs))))))))

thanks for all the unnecessary worry over on FB – it’s really, truly not necessary – my back’s covered, lol. speaking of FB, those of you on FB might notice my name change… just getting a jump on things before I head to the SSA and DMV to get everything else changed. I love this part of divorce, I lose two hundred or so pounds with a single signature and get a new (old) identity to go with my new attitude. Only 17 more days and I’m a completely free woman again.

One thing I dread- I gotta’ go through the whole job hunt thing and get a second job so I can support myself in the style to which I wish to become accustomed. I hate the job hunt thing. People should know I’m fabulous and just what they need without the whole ‘impress my socks off in 8 minutes or less’ routine.

Jun 26, 2010 at 6:01 pm

oi, you are so confusing! I never know who you are!

Jun 26, 2010 at 4:34 pm

Back on FB sent bunch of people(glo, Wo, timo, tink, rilla)frieind request

Jun 26, 2010 at 2:31 pm

sorry wade for running out like that yesterday. I got sucked into meeting I had no intentions of going. Then to friend’s b’day party. We drank of course.
    oh to answer your question: beetle is gone home and I got my coupe back.

Jun 26, 2010 at 12:50 pm

if heaven exists it’s between thick buttery layer o potato stuffed paratha, savory spicy mango pickle and gingered infused chai. aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! yum!
    oh huggers glo! That’s the one thing I still struggle with in american culture. Hugging, i get uncomfortable specially when it’s first meeting.

Jun 26, 2010 at 12:39 pm

Well, I’m going to head on out of here. I have to get my son ready to spend the night at my Mom’s. My hubby and I are actually going out for an adult evening! No video game establishments or kid’s movies or amusement parks!

Now I can’t think of anything to do… Well, I can think of one thing. But what am I supposed to do when that 15 minutes is over? ;)

Bye, (((CIFs)))!

Jun 26, 2010 at 12:09 pm

I think I can analyze that dream pretty easily, Wade.

All it will cost you is $350 per hour.

Jun 26, 2010 at 11:34 am

I see an Amy, a Beans, and a Mama over yonder.

*pines for Wo
    *and for Mo

Jun 26, 2010 at 11:30 am

Alligators!?!?! That IS bizarre! Have fun running errands, Wade. Don’t accept any strange babies while you’re out! ;)

Jun 26, 2010 at 11:16 am

for glo

Ahh, but the strawberries that’s… that’s where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with… geometric logic… that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist, and I’d have produced that key if they hadn’t of pulled the Caine out of action.

Jun 26, 2010 at 10:56 am

lol. well, i was in a big auditorium and someone handed me a baby… and i spent the rest of the dream trying to find the mom to give it back! and was in an office complex i used to work at, populated by ppl from another job i had.

and there were alligators.

8O

i think i’m glad i forget most of my dreams.

gotta run some errands now.

have fun with the strawberry huggers, (((glo))) :P

later (((Bunnee))) and disappearing (((amy))) ;)

Jun 26, 2010 at 10:55 am

*kinda sad Wade didn’t do his patented Caine Mutiny quote*

Hi Bunnee!

Lay down on this couch here and tell us your dream, Wade.

Jun 26, 2010 at 10:49 am

Hey ((Wade))! I do the same thing. I dreamed this morning that a friend of mine had a brother that died. He doesn’t even have a brother. Go figure.

Jun 26, 2010 at 10:48 am

oh look, ppl! ;)

morning (((gloamyBunn))) :)

i slept in today. on a side note, when i fall back asleep in the morning i do dream… strange, hallucinogenic dreams :o

Jun 26, 2010 at 10:30 am

Good Morning ((GloAmy))! Amy summoned, and I answered. What’s up with everyone today besides strawberries?

Jun 26, 2010 at 10:18 am

OMG. Just heard one guest ask his wife if this is the time you pick strawberries or is that later in the summer.

OK, I can understand not knowing exactly when strawberries are ripe (although I’ve known all my life), but you are attending a MOTHER FUCKING STRAWBERRY FESTIVAL, dumbass!

Jun 26, 2010 at 9:59 am

It was indeed my–how did I call him?–garrulous guest, ames. sigh.

Bunnee was here a couple of weeks ago or so.

Jun 26, 2010 at 9:53 am

Anybody seen Bunnee lately?

Jun 26, 2010 at 9:03 am

Sorry I failed you in your time of need, (((Sis))). It wasn’t that inappropriate huggy guy was it?

Jun 26, 2010 at 8:59 am

Damn! One of them got me!

Jun 26, 2010 at 7:36 am

Come on, CIFs! Don’t fail me now–I have to look like I have a lot of work to do so I don’t have to hug any guests! I have at least two confirmed huggers here today!

Jun 26, 2010 at 7:31 am

welp! midnight staring me in the face.

night (((globeans))) ♥

and all cifs near and far

Jun 25, 2010 at 10:56 pm

are you still around, (((glo)))?

or getting some well-deserved rest? ♥

Jun 25, 2010 at 10:30 pm

i could never really hate canada, beans

because of you ♥

*but seriously… nickelback?* :P

Jun 25, 2010 at 10:17 pm

wade, i know. but please don’t hate us for nickelback. we already hate us for nickelback. plus, i love that song. it’s like, the MOST fun one can have in a song.

Jun 25, 2010 at 10:04 pm

heehee, beans

yeah, that’s the ticket ;)

Jun 25, 2010 at 9:59 pm

i have bad news, beans.

i was listening to my most favorite Elton John song, Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting, on youtube and discovered that nickelback covered it.

i must now hate canada for all times.

Jun 25, 2010 at 9:57 pm

i wanna be like, look obama. cottage country is lovely, but my bestie and i have some serious fucking catching up to do. get out my way.

Jun 25, 2010 at 9:55 pm

((((glo))))

you are the hostess with the mostest!

sounds like fun (((beans))) when i worked in downtown dc i would have to dodge motorcades at least once a week :P

Jun 25, 2010 at 9:52 pm

hope so! going to have a sleep over with my best friend and gossip about boys. because the fact that i’m a grown up and stuff doesn’t keep me from doing those things. :)

Jun 25, 2010 at 9:30 pm

(((Beans))) Hope you have a good day!

Jun 25, 2010 at 9:29 pm

hi wade and glo. im going into toronto tomorrow… should be an adventure. im taking the train – hoping that it won’t take all year since the station is right next to the convention centre where all the important men in suits are hanging out for the weekend. i just really hate city parking.

Jun 25, 2010 at 9:25 pm

(((Wade)))

Just a look in before heading off to bed. Long day of work and getting stuff done around the house. Long day ahead of herding festival-goers. Wishing I could retire.

Jun 25, 2010 at 9:22 pm

i’m here now, (((beans)))

Jun 25, 2010 at 9:07 pm

anyone home?

Jun 25, 2010 at 8:28 pm

are you still driving your beetle, oi?

Jun 25, 2010 at 6:15 pm

oh somebody actually showed up! fridays are bad in Q. (((wadeglo)))
    Nope. Death probably got reprimanded by big B for just pretending to work and not bringing in any actual souls. Good for me, off my back!

Jun 25, 2010 at 5:43 pm

oh yay

tropical depression in the caribbean moving toward the gulf of mexico :P

i need to harvest mow my lawn, (((glo)))

(((oi)))

Jun 25, 2010 at 5:36 pm

Hot, not humid.

Got my lawn cut.

Any brushes with death today, oi?

Jun 25, 2010 at 5:09 pm

hot and humid eh? It’s windy and rainy here.

Jun 25, 2010 at 4:15 pm

well i can’t let 11 hours pass without saying anything

it has been too hot/humid this week

Jun 25, 2010 at 4:05 pm

Festival weekend gearing up in Lesser Podunk. They just barely got it in while there were still local strawberries. Everything’s early this year. I’ve seen waist-high corn which totally blows away the old “knee-high by the 4th of July” benchmark.

Jun 25, 2010 at 5:42 am

wow.

it’s quiet ’round here

Jun 24, 2010 at 9:46 pm

hallo?!?

congrats, (((oi)))) :D

Jun 24, 2010 at 5:06 pm

i don’t think there was any damage or injury. just vewy vewy stwange for our area.

went out dancing last night… MOTOWN!! was such a blast. i don’t know why i don’t go out more.

Jun 24, 2010 at 10:39 am

yeah it’s not been a best of weeks but whatever. on the plus side I got word.
    ((timobeansmark aaaaaaaaaand none other thanAmy)))
    glad you are safe beans.

Jun 24, 2010 at 10:26 am