Now that the first half is completed in the Brazil/Netherlands game (with Brazil dominating and leading 1-0), something tells me that the Dutch are going to regroup and come back with fire in their bellies, while Brazil will relax and bit and get into card trouble. I expect the Dutch to take full advantage, and I’m predicting an upset. Holland 2, Brazil 1.

Will I be right? We’ll just have to wait and see.

Jul 2, 2010 at 11:22 am

Good morning, Toy! Squalling baby has checked out and left the building, thank the gods.

Jul 2, 2010 at 11:05 am

Hi (((glooi))), Mornin CB :)

I know Wade… the last few days have been pleasant, but we’re back to hot and humid soon :/

Poor glo! Hope the squalling stops soon. If not, perhaps you have some whiskey somewhere in the inn? A little for you, a little for baby, everyone’s happy!

Jul 2, 2010 at 10:50 am

Morning, (((oi!)))

I do all my banking/bill paying online. My mortgage is conveniently with the same bank as my checking and savings, so I just transfer money over online. I do occasionally have to write a check or two, but I bet I write less than 10 a year.

Jul 2, 2010 at 10:29 am

Good morning (((darlings!)))
    Screaming babies are the biggest annoyance. One minute you are trying to talk and next your brain shuts down.Let me tell ya, not a pleasant feeling.
    How do you pay rent w/o check glo? or do you own the house. Rent is the only time my check book comes out. oh and donations. Cash donations makes accounting hell.

Jul 2, 2010 at 10:17 am

Oh, I guess I missed it that you moved! Another apartment?

Glad you’ve got some time to goof off, Wade ♥

Squalling baby STILL squalling. How nice not to disturb other people in their room. :|

Jul 2, 2010 at 9:50 am

i assume the Rock Star approves! ;)

Jul 2, 2010 at 9:15 am

Anyway, the way I read the law, it clearly says that after valid ID is produced, the investigation of immigration status MUST end.
    Once that has been produced the presumption of legality has been met and an officer MUST stop probing residency status.

Sorry, just don’t see the witch hunt here.

That “certain element” has always been around and will always be around. That’s just the facts of life in a multicultural society.

Wedding plans moving along. We have all of the essentials in place.
    We finish moving tomorrow…loving my (our) new space! :-)

Jul 2, 2010 at 9:01 am

The problem is, in a certain element, Illegal = Hispanic. And it’s that element that is getting worked up into a frenzy. It’s polarizing and it’s encouraging racism and discrimination.

Enough of that. How’re the wedding plans going?

Jul 2, 2010 at 8:58 am

goofing off, glo

(between running reports and hosting a conference in the building… a conference of immigrants) :lol:

;) CB hope you have a happy fourth as well!

Jul 2, 2010 at 8:54 am

Good morning ((Glo)).

You’d be surprised how little “us vs. them” goes on down here.

There’s a culture of tolerance here that’s been here since before statehood. Hispanics have always been a part of this area, as far as the US is concerned that is. Ethnicity is not the problem here, it’s the exponentially growing number of illegal immigrants that both Whites and people of color are reacting to.
    The anger and apprehension about this is much more pronounced outside Arizona.
    Some creepy-crawlies have come out of the woodwork, but I’d rather see them in the light of day like this than in a dark alley…or a political back room.

Jul 2, 2010 at 8:28 am

Good morning, CB. I personally almost always have my driver’s license on me, so practically I don’t think it’s a big deal, but like I said earlier, I think the real damage done by the law is in enflaming the whole us-vs-them tendency. It is bad for the country.

I didn’t expect you to still be here, Wade! Do you have the day off or are you goofing off at work?

Jul 2, 2010 at 8:19 am

I know, Playa…but you knew I’d respond, my friend. Have a good day and a happy Independence Day weekend. ;-)

Jul 2, 2010 at 8:16 am

hey (((Toy)))

i’m wishing this weather would stick around for the weekend. i’m not looking forward to heat and humidity on the fourth.

morning (((gloCB]]]

that dream sounds like a keeper :twisted:

boo to squalling children. :?

i have said all i am going to say on that topic 8)

Jul 2, 2010 at 8:07 am

Like I said, everybody should have ID when it cones to personal checks. It’s the perceived slight rather than it being an actual slight I was referring to.
    Under the new law there will be a great number of perceived slights, but the notion of a jack-booted police state being created is absurd.

Wade, I respect you a great deal, but you’re doing a lot of “what ifs” and “supposing” on this one.

Heading towards the exit of a department store is not making a break for it or shoplifting…and nothing is stopping irrational shopkeepers from reacting the way you describe WITHOUT SB1070.

How do minorities EVER prove race was the SOLE issue when we get stopped by police? We don’t. And no one is checking citizenship…legal residency is the issue, NOT CITIZENSHIP.

You have any idea how many times I’ve been stopped for DWB (Driving While Black)? Any idea how much more often it’d happen if I wore a red baseball cap and black skin? Neither one by itself says much, but together they say “possible member of The Bloods” to law enforcement…even if I just happen to be a law-abiding Black male who likes red baseball caps.
    Law enforcement has never needed any law on the books to hassle minorities, it just happens and we get used to it.
    Of course Race, etc. can still be a factor…it’s germane to the issue. It’d be kinda silly to NOT consider race in this situation. Even sillier to try and act like it wasn’t a consideration since race is one of those things that’s often quite obvious.

I’m not four-square behind each and every provision of this measure, I just don’t see what’s so bad about asking to see valid ID. People who cannot produce valid ID already run the risk of being charged with vagrancy. Now illegal aliens could also face deportation. I don’t see why it’s so all-fired wrong to deport an illegal alien, that’s all.

We really should not pretend that Race is not an issue without 1070 but will somehow BECOME an issue with it. This is America…Race matters, always has, does and will continue to be a factor.This is about illegal immigration…not Race.
    What? Race isn’t a factor off the coast of Florida when a boatload of people is encountered, or do we allow Cubans entry, but send Haitians back?

Jul 2, 2010 at 7:51 am

I never write checks because I don’t think it’s a good idea to carry a checkbook around (known too many people who got checkbooks stolen and seen first-hand what a pain in an ass it is to clear up that mess), but I DO get followed around stores quite a bit. Especially in the jewelry department. They are always watching me like a hawk, except of course if I want to actually purchase something. Guess I look like a shoplifter.

Good morning, Wade, good morning, Toy. I have a screaming baby in the Gathering Room. Grr. It’s destroying the good mood I’ve been in since dreaming Nathan Fillion was an ex-boyfriend trying to lure me away from my current boyfriend, Orlando Bloom. Those kinds of dreams don’t come around that often.

Jul 2, 2010 at 7:50 am

Good morning (((Wade))) and everyone.

On a side note… I get asked for ID to write a check about half the time, and I’m a white soccer mom kinda girl. Maybe I just look like I don’t know how to balance a checkbook ;)

Jul 2, 2010 at 6:49 am

oh.

and good morning.

Jul 2, 2010 at 6:05 am

my last take on this topic

“EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE UNITED STATES OR ARIZONA CONSTITUTION.”

soooo, if the Arizona constitution is amended to say race, color and national origin can be considered, well…. and besides, how do you prove race wasn’t solely an issue, since it is left up to the discretion of the law enforcement official to check citizenship?

“A PERSON IS PRESUMED TO NOT BE AN ALIEN WHO IS UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES IF THE PERSON PROVIDES TO THE LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER OR AGENCY ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:”

apparently, as written, everyone is to be presumed as illegal until they produce a document that says otherwise. So everyone is guilty until they prove their innocence. Of course, the white people that wrote and passed the law would never see it that way, because, well, they are white, and feel that of course they would never be presumed illegal because, well, they are white.

in all of those instances you cited, you were in the process of some sort of transaction with a business where your legal age was at issue, so yeah you produce an i.d. card. i don’t see how they are germane to the issue.

let’s say a person is in a “nice” store and was going to buy something they picked up near the entrance, but realize they left their wallet at home. as they are walking back to return the item, the shop owner decides they are making a break for it and calls the cops. now they are in danger of deportation if they can’t produce i.d., unless, of course, they don’t look latino. remember what you quoted? race, color, national origin can’t SOLELY be a factor, but it STILL CAN BE A FACTOR.

our immigration policies require a comprehensive approach, not piecemeal application of poorly written, unnecessary laws.

i am flat out done with this topic.

Jul 2, 2010 at 5:51 am

Wade, thanks.

SB1070 clearly states”

“A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL OR AGENCY OF THIS STATE OR A COUNTY,
    31 CITY, TOWN OR OTHER POLITICAL SUBDIVISION OF THIS STATE MAY NOT SOLELY
    32 CONSIDER RACE, COLOR OR NATIONAL ORIGIN IN IMPLEMENTING THE REQUIREMENTS OF
    33 THIS SUBSECTION EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE UNITED STATES OR
    34 ARIZONA CONSTITUTION. A PERSON IS PRESUMED TO NOT BE AN ALIEN WHO IS
    35 UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES IF THE PERSON PROVIDES TO THE LAW
    36 ENFORCEMENT OFFICER OR AGENCY ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
    37 1. A VALID ARIZONA DRIVER LICENSE.
    38 2. A VALID ARIZONA NONOPERATING IDENTIFICATION LICENSE.
    39 3. A VALID TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CARD OR OTHER FORM OF TRIBAL
    40 IDENTIFICATION.
    41 4. IF THE ENTITY REQUIRES PROOF OF LEGAL PRESENCE IN THE UNITED STATES
    42 BEFORE ISSUANCE, ANY VALID UNITED STATES FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL GOVERNMENT
    43 ISSUED IDENTIFICATION.”

I’m sorry, but I wouldn’t consider showing valid ID every now and again a hassle. I do it half of the time I buy beer or cigarettes, but I don’t think I’m being profiled. It pisses me off when they ask for my ID when I write a check, as if Black people don’t have bank accounts, but hey, you deal with it because you back up and realize you’re writing a check and everybody should have ID for that. Unlike being followed around by “undercover” security in a nice store. It happens, you ignore it because you’re not a shoplifter.

Personally I like to pick up an expensive item, walk around the store with it, head for the door and at the last minute put it down and leave!
    I suppose if I were a legal immigrant, I’d probably cast frequent furtive glances over my shoulder at an officer, only to show him my valid ID when asked.

But then, I like playing cat and mouse. It’s a time-tested coping mechanism for minorities…sorta like singing escape lyrics inside of spirituals while the overseer was in the field!
    Follow the drinking gourd!! :-P

Of all of the little indignities minority populations face in America several times each day, I suspect showing ID is smaller than having people assume you’re stupid (or deaf) if you are not fluent in English. Or a criminal if your skin is darker than a southern European.
    Happens all the time, and we all live through it.

Unless you don’t actually have any valid ID because you broke the law to get or stay here, then it sucks for you.

Jul 2, 2010 at 12:20 am

The torture-sized snicker is more Dick Cheney’s chocolate bar of choice, isn’t it…?

Saw a Haitian band play tonight. Fun. More than fun-size fun. Far from torture.

Jul 2, 2010 at 12:17 am

Yeah, it’s more like Torture Size Snickers. Or Suck-All-The-Joy-From-Your-Life Size Snickers.

Jul 1, 2010 at 8:04 pm

Hang on. I’m just catching up with the news.

Al Gore shoved a fun-sized Snickers bar up an illegal immigrant’s what?

Jul 1, 2010 at 6:08 pm

Fun size snickers are mis-named. They should be called “Tease sized”.
    Eso es todo.
    ((((GloWoHToyoiWade]]]]

Jul 1, 2010 at 3:28 pm

I need some mini Nilla wafers. Those are tasty noms. *sigh*

(((Glooimotoywade))))

Jul 1, 2010 at 2:52 pm

I don’t know if Al was looking for a happy ending massage or not, but I bet a million dollars he was doing the deed with someone who wasn’t Tipper.

Whipping people (“the base”) up into a frenzy over illegal immigrants will inevitably lead to them being whipped up into a frenzy over any American citizen with an accent, which will lead to those same people getting whipped up into a frenzy over anyone perceived to be not “American”. And CB should know as well as anyone that that kind of person thinks Americans come only in the palest variety. That’s the real damage these kinds of laws do.

I have a box of mini Nilla wafers and you don’t, nyah nyah nyah!

Jul 1, 2010 at 2:37 pm

I wonder if Beanster will be watching the game tomorrow morning?

Jul 1, 2010 at 1:52 pm

I really have hard time keeping my mouth shut on AZ immigration law. CB brings it up time to time but I don’t feel comfortable with CB’s style. I understand everybody has different style for going about their views but that does not mean everybody would be compatible with everybody.
    More over I don’t think my views here would do any good anyway, I am here legally but not citizen, can’t vote so better keep my mouth shut. I need to get this out of my system though, just for my inner peace. Once again CB not saying that my style is better than yours but only that our style of debating are not compatible with each other.

Jul 1, 2010 at 11:53 am

I’m with you on that one (((Wade))).

Morning (((Wo)))

Jul 1, 2010 at 10:31 am

lol

i have a hard time believing that one, (((Wo)))

hi (((Toy)))

Jul 1, 2010 at 10:25 am

That massage therapist? or is there another skank?

Jul 1, 2010 at 10:18 am

How can you all keep talking about immigration when AL GORE HAD SEX WITH A SKANK AND IT IS THE LEAD STORY ON THE NATIONAL NEWS? Something must be done.

Jul 1, 2010 at 10:12 am

no, CB

i don’t think that is it.

the challenges to AZ law are not about allowing illegals to stay in the US

in fact, before the law if a police officer in the course of an investigation suspects that someone is in the country illegally, the officer could detain them and turn over to ICE.

the challenge revolves around the law requiring the police to go after anyone they suspect is illegal, regardless of how they are conducting themselves. this enraged the legal latino community, who felt as if they were going to be targeted where ever they went to prove their citizenship. also, the law allows any AZ citizen to sue a municipality if they think they are not following the law (any one say frivolous lawsuits). this is why many police and municipal groups don’t like it.

it was an unnecessary law designed to fire up the base for jan brewer & gop as they move to elections in november.

Jul 1, 2010 at 9:22 am

As far as I can make it out, there are lawsuits pending to stop enactment of AZ SB1070.

So, in essence, parties have filed to protect the “right” of illegal immigrants to remain in the country illegally.

I’m not even sure these parties have legal standing to file such a suit.

I just don’t know anymore.
    My gut says that if you sue against a law which will catch you breaking the law, you’re suing for the right to break federal law. That’s where it gets dicey.

Good thing we don’t share a border with Mexico…Oh, wait…

Jul 1, 2010 at 9:08 am

Are they suing now to stay in the country? I have to admit I let this issue drop off my radar. Being self centered and self absorbed I have no idea what is going on in the world around me right now including this issue. I did see where some Milwaukee council woman said that Arizona isn’t anywhere near the border. :roll: She came back by saying she was mis-quoted. I hope so.

Jul 1, 2010 at 8:56 am

Illegal immigration battle is baffling me.
    The law doesn’t protect illegal activity.
    Drug dealers can’t sue users delinquent on their payments. Prostitutes can’t sue Johns who refuse to pay for services.
    Seems to me illegal immigrants can’t sue for the right to stay in the country illegally…something about having legal standing to file suit that I’m not too sure about, clean hands doctrine or something like that.
    Knew I shoulda went to law school! LOL

So they have families to support, so what?…so do prostitutes and drug dealers.

I know…but it came to me in a dream and I had to wonder about it in the waking world! :-P

I’m a card carrying Liberal, but sometimes I just don’t get it.

Jul 1, 2010 at 8:53 am

I couldn’t help jumping to the Andy Warhol after seeing “The Factory” in the note on the MT. I know there is a funny in there I just don’t know how to get it out.

Jul 1, 2010 at 8:49 am

Hi, Wade…

Better the Bear than Bobby Knight, doncha think?
    Seems like that would have involved a fearsome amount of grunting.
    Off to TV with the Missus…

itsbe: Oops, caught with me trousers down…page turn time and nothing on the nearby agenda-horizon but virtual scat anecdotes…I’mma have an ‘ell’of a time keeping with tradition…

Jun 30, 2010 at 11:06 pm

lol, (((glo))) that is the question, isn’t it?

yay for completed projects

hey [[[ty]]]

speaking of typos, i am still lol’ing at the image of bear bryant crapping in that girl’s bedroom for her entire childhood [alabama football thread]. priceless! :lol:

Jun 30, 2010 at 9:31 pm

‘glo,
    On the downstairs bathroom subject, are your cats trustworthy ?
    Or do you foresee a series of Warning PAN’s at cat’s-eye level ?

Jun 30, 2010 at 9:21 pm

The planning stage of what, though, Wade? That’s what makes you nervous.

I completely understand, ty, and have on occasion risen to the bait myself. It was a great typo, though.

My downstairs bathroom nears completion. I need only paint the wainscoting, chair rail and dustboard (white), find a place to hang the Decoration Towel ring, hang the shower curtain, put the door back on, and clean the whole thing. Then I’m in business. Hooray!

Jun 30, 2010 at 8:52 pm

*****&&&&&%%%%%@@@@##!!
    Engage maximum frivolity enhancement modules.
    Happy Birthday, Ma-meson !
    —————————————————–
    ‘glo,
    I am Giving Thanks where thanks is due, turkey-wise.
    I completely missed the ‘brining’ typo last night.
    I will try to resist playing whack-a-troll next time.
    But, after biting my tongue ‘n’ cheeks on the Domestic Violence thread,
    I just didn’t have the strength to resist the past few days’ temptations.

Jun 30, 2010 at 5:54 pm

wake up (((oi)))!!!! :D

i’m about to go get some dinner

stay frosty! ;)

Jun 30, 2010 at 5:05 pm

hey (((wade))) outta god forbidden building?
    I am possessed by zzzzz demon, even though I had full night sleep.

Jun 30, 2010 at 4:56 pm

Polly is werking too!

Jun 30, 2010 at 4:50 pm

Aye aye and Happy Birthday to Mama ♥ !

Well besides watching World Cup games and working on my saddle I don’t have any major plans. I bar tend on Saturday afternoon though which should be fun.

Jun 30, 2010 at 1:46 pm

(((mo))) wish I had a long weekend like that! Doing anything fun?

Happy Birthday, Mamason!

Jun 30, 2010 at 1:33 pm

Happy Birthday to Mamason!!!!!

Jun 30, 2010 at 12:43 pm

I think some body painting sounds like a fun idea! :twisted:
    :lol:
    Seriously this week is dragging on or it feels like it. I have a five day weekend coming up so that makes the day preceding it very long.

Jun 30, 2010 at 9:51 am

(((Beans))) I’ve never had a sort of day where I felt oil paints were necessary, but I’d just make a mess with them. :) Maybe if you used the oil paints to make clown faces on your customers, you’d enjoy your job more?

Jun 30, 2010 at 9:08 am

hi ((toy))

today is a cinnamon-raisin/oil paint/pretend to love your job sort of day.

Jun 30, 2010 at 8:14 am

Good morning (((everyone))) whenever you get here.

Wow oi, glo… I must have missed the sarcasm about YOQI. Oops!

Wow. Jinx is such a doll. I’ve been tempted to post some comments, but I’m sticking with what Bambi taught me as a child. “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say nuffin at all.”

Jun 30, 2010 at 8:08 am

i love you, i love you, i love you ((glo))!!!

Jun 30, 2010 at 8:04 am

I love my job, I love my job, I love my job, I love my job

Jun 30, 2010 at 8:02 am

slow night in the Q!

my babiest brother graduates highschool today!!

Jun 30, 2010 at 7:44 am

Anybody up for a chat night?

Do I need to change my icon? Is it the pimp hat? Dudes, I’m not TOO cool for y’all just because my hat be pimpin’.

Jun 29, 2010 at 5:40 pm

Awww man, did I miss out on some prime amy-wade-glo time?

Bummer

What unfortunate sentence structure, Wade dahling. Though, it did lead to a rather fortuitous opportunity on your part. *ladylike laugh*

Jun 29, 2010 at 5:29 pm

That was a good lol, Wade! :lol:

Jun 29, 2010 at 5:08 pm

btw i responded to a reeeally funny typo on the alabama thread.

too good

dinnertime

*for some reason hungry for fish*

Jun 29, 2010 at 5:04 pm

it is actually, glo

i’m watching japanese cat weightlifting lol

Jun 29, 2010 at 4:51 pm

Well, here’s hoping it gets better now, ((((Wade))))

Jun 29, 2010 at 4:42 pm

no, it wasn’t

but it’s behind me (((glo)))

Jun 29, 2010 at 4:39 pm

I will be here for approximately one half hour, until it is knitting time. :)

You know me so well, oi. Or have I maybe expressed my job hatred once too often? :P

Hope your day has been a good one, Wade.

(((Wo)))

*off to check out Flickr*

Jun 29, 2010 at 4:37 pm

nao i be here

Jun 29, 2010 at 4:05 pm

I wuz right here
    No I iz here once moar
    Now I iz gone

Jun 29, 2010 at 3:58 pm

I iz here.

Now I iz gone.

Jun 29, 2010 at 3:48 pm

Awww! I am not trying to say anything dirty. It’s the Q-effect! Also when you mention “leather” I noticed that peoples minds seem to jump to racy places. :grin:

Jun 29, 2010 at 1:12 pm

Morning (((Timo)))
    We went ot a annual carnival festival of SF and there was a stall of crazy leather work. Wish I had my camera with me, you’d be amazed! I am curious to see that link. will have to wait until get home. stupid IT dep.
    why everything timo says sound dirty? May be I am hanging out in Q way too much!

Jun 29, 2010 at 12:49 pm

Posted on my flickr.

Jun 29, 2010 at 12:42 pm

Well Good morning (((oiToy))))

Well Glo♥ I am forging ahead on my saddle right now. I just completed making a stamp which I am going to tool the saddle stirrup leathers with. I will try to post a link to a picture of it or put it in my flickr.
    Glo I did make a belt for the buckle I bought in the Pike Market. I haven’t worn it much but people comment on it when I do. I wish I have bought more.

Jun 29, 2010 at 12:28 pm

Toy, that’s indeed a fun job. right glo? glo loves it to death. she won’t part from it even if you pay her billions! and her boss lady is one of trillions and primary reason she won’t leave the job. :P
    good mornin glo!

Jun 29, 2010 at 12:11 pm

Creepy Internet Friend ;)

‘Morning oi!

Jun 29, 2010 at 11:38 am

Thanks Oi :) You are just one crazy anecdote after another!

Glo, that sounds like a fun job. If I ever venture out to WI, I’ll have to check out YOQI! Can you explain what CIF stands for, then?

Jun 29, 2010 at 11:09 am

Belated Happy birth day (((toy))) Happy 8th 26!

I have to share this. too funny to let it go unheard.
    So I exit out on the street from my apartment, there is this hobo in front of me with his cart full of empty cans and other trinkets. The side walk is too narrow for me to pass this guy and his cart with my bike and street is lined with car so I am trying to figure out how to get on street, all the while walking in his direction and I notice this guy is staring at me intently. I am little uncomfortable so I wished him good morning, he replied GOOD MORNING DARLING with the enthusiasm of a cheer leader. finally I found little room between two cars to get out and he was right there so I had to walk around his cart to get out, I am mid way though and he jumped on my side with covering his cart with his hand as if I was gonna steal those precious empty cans! ha! I startled at first but then I could not resist and laughed and he stared at me some more but I just hoped on my bike and ran away. I heard him yelling something behind but of course did not wait to find out what.
    I don’t know what did I do to experience this. ok, I tried to get in the bathroom before my sister even though she had to leave first but that’s not that big of a offence, right?

Jun 29, 2010 at 10:39 am

oooh, yes, Timo, tell us all about your leather clad exploi crafting adventures.

Jun 29, 2010 at 10:12 am

I work at a quaint historic inn in a touristy small town in Wisconsin, Toy. I wouldn’t own it if you paid me. Too many headaches.

For your future reference:

YOQI = Ye Olde Quainte Inne

Lesser Podunk = small historic town in WI

((((Timo)))) How’re things in the leather community? :twisted:

Jun 29, 2010 at 10:09 am

aww, thanks (((timo))).

toy, i definitely felt that way when i broke up with boyfriend-of-four-years. like, oh great, now i have to do this all over again? but the preliminary flirting business is lots of fun. (however, i definitely got hit on way more often when i was NOT single. figures)

lancaster is a nice place… i always went to visit family friends though, so i don’t know what there is to do except go to mennonite quilt shops. the quilts are UNBELIEVABLY beautiful.

Jun 29, 2010 at 9:32 am

You own a B&B glo? I thought it would be fun to look at all the rooms and amenities, but it was really a little overwhelming. I always research everything before I buy, so I had a little bit of information overload. Then, I’d forget which ones I’d looked at. I finally found a great 1735 mansion for a reasonable price.

We’re going to Lancaster County, PA (Amish country) next month, Beans. Now I need to research and map out the rest of our activities!

Sometimes I miss the days of getting numbers from guys in a bar. Then again, when Mr Toy and I were separated, I went out once with a girlfriend and remember thinking “I really don’t want to have to start from square one!” but getting hit on is always fun :)

Jun 29, 2010 at 9:25 am

Morning (((GloBeans)))
    Black kitteh for sure.
    Beans you are the kyoooot for sure!
    I have had two female cats at one time and they got along but they were litter mates. being sisters probably helped matters.

Jun 29, 2010 at 9:05 am

the two of us like to pretend that is the case, but then we remember that neither of us really has any game and it’s mostly just luck anyways.

we’re both just very chatty and end up meeting lots of new people, so odds are one or two of them will be a boy who thinks we are cute… unfortunately odds are not that i or she will think the boy is cute, or that he will think the correct one of us is cute. numbers.

Rose, i almost can’t believe how cutting this submission is. well done, Martel!

Jun 29, 2010 at 8:57 am

I wouldn’t have thought checking out B&Bs was fun, Toy, but that’s a occupational hazard–I always have to keep an eye on the competition.

Morning, Beans! The two of you must have left a path of devastated hearts in your wake, then.

Jun 29, 2010 at 8:48 am

rose, i JUST learned that expression on sunday at a British pub, moments after England lost. surprisingly it was a long eye-lashed British man who said it. he didn’t seem to be that disappointed (maybe because my tall, beautiful, and dazzlingly intelligent bestie seemed interested in his long eyelashes. he got a date, so the loss to Germany couldn’t be all bad).

i looked up martel’s blog. i’m glad he latched on to the fact that Harper has no interest in the arts and is actively doing something.

are you going on a trip, Toy?

Jun 29, 2010 at 7:58 am

Good morning, everyone :)

Thanks for the birthday wishes, glo and ty!

Hmmm… checking out B&B’s isn’t as fun as one would think.

Jun 29, 2010 at 7:14 am

Greetings to all.

Happy Birthday H4T !

Safe travels for the wandering Magi trio.
    (rose, never heard the Larry expression before today.)

Beans,
    Don’t know if you ever checked out Pope Casper.
    Here are a few snaps.
    He has tiger stripes on top and leopard spots on his belly.
    Your grey prospect’s markings look similar.
    Our guy is part Bengal, too, but has some Mau, so he’s had a wild side that’s only now starting to calm down after 30 months. If you get the grey one, be prepared for at least a bit of spookiness, but expect her to shed that in exchange for a very close bonded relationship in a few years.

Jun 29, 2010 at 12:35 am

Happy as Larry.

Jun 29, 2010 at 12:01 am

The Harper government is a bit scary, beans. He denied entry to British MP George Galloway last year, I think, though he was allowed into the U.S. (I think the U.S. denied entry to journalist Robert Fisk, though). I saw Yaan Martel speak when I first got to Seattle. He wrote “the Life of Pi” and he has a new book out. He is Canadian, and sends Stephen Harper a book to read every two weeks as Harper has said that he doesn’t read. I think he (Martel) details it all on his blog. At least you have Naomi Klein, eh? There is a woman with some sense.

Come on Wade, it is almost impossible to lose interest in Elroy. He wandered over that bluff and had some trouble getting himself back up again.
    “Where’s Elroy?” says I? I see these little ears flapping, and the top of his plucky little head valiantly struggling before they descend the cliff face again. “O-M-G – he’s fallen down the rocky cliffs of Dover!” I scream. ‘glo corrects me, and tells me that Lake Michigan is nowhere near Dover (though we can see it from here – shure is big!), her calm calms me, and then I see him struggling, once more, with all his might to pull himself up by his forelegs. Silly little thing. I think he wore himself out.

Anyone is welcome here for a online visit while we’re here! Let’s start the party up! Just had some great Chinese food and went to Millenium Park prior to that.

YOQI is quaint and old and very beautiful, and the b/l is very tall, and the one co-worker of glo’s who we had a bit of a chat to was very nice. glo, how many times did I call you glo? I should get myself to bed soon.

Oh, we caught a tiny bit of the German slaughter of England, but it seems that today’s game might have been one to watch.

Does anyone say, “Happy as Larry”? I said it today, and TOS said it wasn’t an expression used in the U.S. Now I have to do a google search. Oh, if you are as happy as Larry, you are very happy.

Jun 28, 2010 at 11:54 pm

the boy didn’t call, but i’m not letting it get me down. i will text him tomorrow with something witty and charming and there will be a perfectly good reason he didn’t.

im too cute to worry. :P

Jun 28, 2010 at 11:18 pm

wait.

beans.

what about the boy!?!?!?

can’t stay awake for reply, but had to get that out there.

(((beans))) ♥

Jun 28, 2010 at 11:12 pm

(baghira is a boy.)
    i can’t sleep, but i sure am trying.

Jun 28, 2010 at 11:00 pm

ok i’m done

night (((globeans)))

Jun 28, 2010 at 10:31 pm

i love the jungle book (not the disney version)

bagheera was a boy

Jun 28, 2010 at 10:16 pm

*returns from the grave to advise Beans, with personal experience, to avoid having two females at one time*

*doesn’t remember if Bahgira is a boy or a girl, was never a huge fan of Kipling*

Jun 28, 2010 at 10:04 pm

wait. isn’t edgar the pug? /confusion

wsbe: oh, elroy! i started to backread earlier, but lost interest in the project 8)

(((glo)))

i like the gray’s expression

though the other would give you a basement cat/ceiling cat vibe

Jun 28, 2010 at 9:50 pm

list of benefits for both kitties, respectively

Grey One:
    girl Kitty
    kyooot.

White One:
    White (black and white cats would be so cool)
    kyooot.

do you see my dilemma?

Jun 28, 2010 at 9:44 pm

*dies of teh cute*

*whispers with her last breath: I like the grey one*

*lingers one last moment to wonder why Wade is hugging the bar boy*

Jun 28, 2010 at 9:41 pm

both are teh cute, beans!! :)

Jun 28, 2010 at 9:39 pm

we’re getting another kitty!! Baghira needs some feline company. i can’t decide between this one and this one

(baghira is all black, and mine is a family of artists, so aesthetics is coming into play since they both have the same body type and personality type)

Jun 28, 2010 at 9:30 pm

oh no, beans!!!

IT’S ALL TRUE

(canadian bacon ;) )

sounds like y’all had fun (((gloroseTOSedgar]]]

Jun 28, 2010 at 8:39 pm

dude, i’m so jealous of your adventures in lesser podunk.

the harper government passed a sort of military law order in secret, over night, with no public announcement before or during the fact.

sorry to be such a downer, that was quite the rant, but you are right, wade, it’s so unlike Canada. it’s so not what we are about.

on a lighter note… nope, what has someone else got? oooh, the condo sounds fun. lets go party with rose and TOS.

Jun 28, 2010 at 8:00 pm