Going good, thanks.

The Motorcycle’s Daughter picked up a stray kitty yesterday and smuggled it into the house–then called me and asked me to break the news to him! I get to meet new kitty tomorrow.

Other than that, looking forward to Knitting Camp next week (which is just a bunch of knitters camping) and a road trip south and east with The Motorcycle and his Daughter at the end of the month.

Jul 8, 2010 at 7:11 pm

‘glo,
    Missus is slowly getting better + better. In our age bracket, about the only thing that happens overnight is waking up creaky (sometimes cranky, too).
    Pope Casper is getting slightly less wild (he’s about 1/2 Mau, so the wildness is, well, visceral, I reckon) and increasingly more affectionate (another Mau trait, we’ve been told).
    Hope everything’s well for you way up North there.

Jul 8, 2010 at 6:55 pm

Agreed about the commercials, Timo. The Motorcycle, thank god, is quick on the remote button for those. Neither of us can take them.

Jul 8, 2010 at 5:27 pm

Well, sometimes I like something predictable where I don’t have to think, oi. I’ll let you know as the season progresses whether it holds my interest.

How are you and the missus and the kitteh, ty?

Jul 8, 2010 at 5:00 pm

really glo? I don’t know what season it was from. It was so dumb! I saw at least three gaping holes size of sky in the plot, and end was really predictable. Now it being the police investigation show predictable end does not cut the cake.
    It was about how one partner is incriminated by internal affair guy for the crimes done by internal affair guy himself . No one but his formal parter believes him being innocent and how it unfolds. Sounds interesting in here but treatment was so bad.

Jul 8, 2010 at 4:42 pm

Castle Season 1 is a cute and clever show.
    In CR now, we’re getting the first season, so we’re a year behind.
    Don’t know about 2nd year and refuse to read ahead.
    It has a little of the romance-without-being-set-in-a-romantic-format meme that made Moonlighting and X-Files interesting and popular.
    Millions don’t watch it, but about 10 million (USA) do, so it’s doin’ OK.

Jul 8, 2010 at 4:34 pm

I like Castle. At least, the two episodes of it I’ve seen. I have the whole first season here and I need to get back to them. But I’m a Nathan Fillion fan.

Jul 8, 2010 at 4:21 pm

ok I want public opinion on this one. Who else think Castle on ABC is the dumbest show ever? I have been watching random shows on my phone. Castle was so idiotic I almost threw my phone away.

Jul 8, 2010 at 4:15 pm

My LilMissH is home from work today, sigh I wish I was.
    It has really been hot here too. luckily I have a pool and my AC is working for now.

Jul 8, 2010 at 1:35 pm

hullo… a run by before I go to do my turn as a cubicle rat….((((CIFs))))..Did a brief plow of the back 40 and got a chuckle..Mama’s friend sounds like some of the calls I get in a night…keep smiling…love

Jul 8, 2010 at 12:14 pm

(((oi))), speak for yourself. My part of the West Coast is super-hot today. Record temps yesterday, likely again today. 94 is forecast. With no A/C at home, that kinda blows. Luckily my office does have A/C.

(((WoGloiToyMoWade]]]

Jul 8, 2010 at 11:48 am

Don’t be so impatient, Timo. Come and give me a snorgle.

Hiya oi! I gave the BL the number of a computer repair company I know. That’s all I’m doing.

Jul 8, 2010 at 11:23 am

*sigh* Now I remember why I have not been here much.

Jul 8, 2010 at 11:09 am

Hot here, damn hot! “Who poured meat gravy in my pants?” hot.
    Don’t want.

Jul 8, 2010 at 10:39 am

Good Mornong ((CIFs))
    Cold and windy. Cold as in fall cold. I think East coast and west coast are perpetual struggle weather wise.
    glo please don’t help her for all that is holy and sacred in this world.
    oh I missed Wade last night. Take care ((Wade))

Jul 8, 2010 at 10:30 am

((((((Glo))))))))) As long as you’re fixing stuff, can you make it less hot and humid?

Jul 8, 2010 at 10:03 am

My boss just hung up on me because I can’t help her get rid of the AV Antivirus Suite virus over the phone. Just to clarify: she called me at work to fix her personal computer and is pissed at me because I couldn’t help her.

Hiya Toy.

Jul 8, 2010 at 9:44 am

It’s going to be over 90 again. I can’t believe it. Well, I can, but I don’t want to.

Jul 8, 2010 at 9:28 am

Morning ((((all))))) glad your day is looking better, Wade! Wo, I’ve tried all the rain/cold dances I know, to no avail.

It does look nice, glo. I see what you mean about the website. I’ll be sure to let them know about it. “Thanks for your hospitality, but your website sucks. I can put you in touch with someone who will act superior and insult you, if you’d like.” :) And the crowning jewel of our vacation is a couple’s massage in Intercourse, PA. ;)

lol CB. You know that’s what wrong with America today.

Jul 8, 2010 at 8:59 am

Good morning, Wo. I don’t have heat anymore–70°, but it’s wet as a used dishcloth out there. Yuck.

Jul 8, 2010 at 8:23 am

Do we need to take away your belt and shoelaces, Wade?

Or is this a problem a nice little internet romp can take care of?

Jul 8, 2010 at 8:20 am

I am tired of heat and humidity. Make it stop. Please?

Jul 8, 2010 at 8:13 am

what is this “e-mails” everyone is always talking about? ;)

better day has dawned

lol CB

Jul 8, 2010 at 8:04 am

The Churchtown Inn looks good, Toy. They need a new website, though. I can put them in touch with a marketing/website design company. Then maybe they too can have the wonderful experience of hearing the marketing consultant tell their owner that the only reason they’re not at peak capacity is that the website they made sucks. It’s a great experience, I’ll tell you. :|

CB, I’d probably be that stupid. I suck at public transport.

Jul 8, 2010 at 7:37 am

*fret-o-meter, which has kept up a constant chatter for months, spikes to critical*

((((( ♥ Wade ♥ ))))))

Check your damn e-mail once in a while, won’t you?

Jul 8, 2010 at 7:30 am

Here’s one for the Stupid File.

There’s no smoking on my job’s campus, so at lunchtime I go to the bus stop, sit down and read and have my smoke. Been doing that for months.
    The drivers know by now I’m not waiting for the bus.
    Today the bus passed by me and some kid (20 something) runs up and asks if the bus just passed me by because he was waiting for the bus to stop for me so he could get on.
    When I told him I wasn’t waiting for the bus, somehow it became my fault that his dumb ass missed his bus.
    Kid asked me why I was sitting at the bus stop if I wasn’t waiting for the bus.
    I told him it was because I didn’t want to sit on the ground in my good clothes.

Idiot.

Should have asked him why he wasn’t sitting at the bus stop if he was waiting for the bus!

Future of the world my ass. Hope I die young!!

Jul 8, 2010 at 2:43 am

((((Wade)))) hope you slept well and your days get brighter and more sweet!

(((oi))) I’d invite you to come along, but that’d be weird ;) Take a vacation to somewhere fun!

Jul 7, 2010 at 11:37 pm

hi (((oi)))

sorry about my absence

been dark, bitter days for me of late

hope you find time to rest

night

Jul 7, 2010 at 11:06 pm

what’s with empty Q?
    Toy, Your vacation sounds fun! I need a vacation so bad!

Jul 7, 2010 at 10:38 pm

I want to tell shaniatwainHEY that I don’t recall us “Yanks” ever having a skirmish with Canada, but that would be paying attention to her…

Jul 7, 2010 at 4:41 pm

Micromanager? I LOVE bosses like that!

We’re staying at the Churchtown Inn. Looks really nice from what I can tell. I love old buildings, and this one was built in 1735, I believe. I’ve been to Gettysburg. Every family vacation we took when I was a child was educational – the result being that I can’t go on vacation without stopping at a museum or historical site :) I’m trying to keep it to a minimum for our “second honeymoon” though, because Mr. Toy is not a big fan of history. I plan to go to Gettysburg again, either when the kids get older or on one of my yearly trips with my sisters.

Jul 7, 2010 at 11:09 am

Oh, I have the fucking Boss Lady here messing around in my office, on her day off, annoying the shit out of me.

Where are you going to stay? Are you planning to go to Gettysburg? I recommend it highly if you’ve never been.

Jul 7, 2010 at 10:06 am

Now that I have the B&B done, I’m searching for restaurants in Lancaster County, actually. How’s your day going, ‘glo?

Jul 7, 2010 at 9:22 am

I was afraid of that.

:cry:

Jul 7, 2010 at 9:12 am

Nope. We’ve all melted away from the heat!

Jul 7, 2010 at 8:54 am

Is anybody out there?????

Jul 7, 2010 at 8:48 am

(((Mama)))

I’m pretty sure God will be a lot less subtle if he wants to send a message via weather. Like maybe rain frogs or something.

Jul 6, 2010 at 8:50 pm

Oh, it can’t be that she’s stupid! She probably moved to the Southern Hemisphere :)

Jul 6, 2010 at 4:23 pm

•   mamason bang

OMG! I just have to rant or my head will explode… On FB I’ve reconnected with an old “friend” from highschool and she was as dumb as a bag of rocks then and things haven’t improved. This is the actual post and response:

Her- The winter was freezing and snowy,now the summer is VERY hot and humid….air quality is code red!

Me- Weird, huh?

Her- Yes very……but God work in mysterious ways and this sure is proof.

I want to tell her to just STFU! OMG! I’m freaking out. 8-O

*checks “flow chart”* Oh. I get it. I need to lay down.

Sarcasm is lost on the stupid. *sigh*

Jul 6, 2010 at 3:35 pm

Morning everyone. Meltingly hot here also! Beans, I’m thinking maybe “take a walk in a vat of ice cream.”

Congrats on everything moving in the right direction for you, CB :)

Stay cool everyone. I’m off to shop somewhere that has AC and sing “So Long, Frank Lloyd Wright” for the rest of the day!

Jul 6, 2010 at 10:25 am

Thanks, Beans.

Who’da thunk two years ago I’d have found myself here now?

Ah, life’s downs and ups! ;-)

Jul 6, 2010 at 8:59 am

congrats on moving in CB!
    hi everyone. it’s hot as hell here too.

feels like 42 C. was already 28 at midnight. the heat won’t break until thursday night,
    i think my “walk in the woods and eat ice cream” plans for tomorrow might turn into just “eat ice cream” plans.

but Holland is scheduled to take out Uruguay today! Hup!

Jul 6, 2010 at 8:30 am

Hey, CIFs ♥
    All finished moving into our new digs!

Satellite TV company finally completed our installation today…HD is worth every penny.

Ms. CB cussed them out last Friday because the guy didn’t have a 40 ft. ladder and could not complete the job when scheduled, but I smoothed that over. GOD, I LIKE HER SPUNK, but there’s a time for vinegar, and a time for honey.
    Ms. CB called Monday morning for confirmation of our appointment and was told by a customer service rep that we weren’t on the schedule.
    I got the phone just before she went off on the girl (who was a dingbat) and spoke to a supervisor who was able to expedite matters.

Grilled steaks for ourselves and my mom, a rib eye for mom, and we had porterhouses.

The Warden likes the new apartment and is positively beside herself that we’re getting married.

Guess that’s it for the CB update for now. :-D

Jul 6, 2010 at 4:08 am

I like the squarish ones, incorporating lots of leafy green, and also incorporating a lot of Japanese style in the use of line and space and material. I find it relaxing. Also, Simon and Garfunkel had a song, “So, Long, Frank Lloyd Wright” (that’s how they sang it) – and as a kid I always thought, Who in God’s name writes a song about an architect??. But the weird melancholy of it always stuck with me.

Jul 5, 2010 at 9:59 pm

Oh, glo. I would love to tour it, but if the prices are outrageous, then, no thanks. He shifted back to Wisconsin after shafting his first wife, of course, or something like that – I’m sure you know. I’m just pretending to know. How are you, Lovie? Good 4th July?

Jul 5, 2010 at 9:56 pm

Good night, Wade ♥

There’s tons of FLW history and buildings in Wisconsin, rose. This famous Greek church designed by him is a few blocks away from The Motorcycle’s house and my aunt and uncle got married in it. I have contemplated touring Taliesin several times but the prices are outrageous and I’m just not that much of a fan.

Jul 5, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Hi, bye, Wade. Well, it’s true. It was hot out, and one can’t help sweating. *sigh*

Jul 5, 2010 at 9:29 pm

hi (((rose)))

sounds like a fun trip

night (((glorose)))

Jul 5, 2010 at 9:21 pm

Frank Lloyd Wright’s home (the one he built for his family in Chicago), the Frank Lloyd Wright area, (at least 14 homes designed by him, but a lot are turn of the century, so not necessarily all that distinctive yet), tour through the home Ernest Hemingway was born in and lived in until he was 6.
    Drink of choice – water, later some diet pepsi. Ice cream for a snack. It’s warm here, but I do like it.

Ooh, and there might be people here… ‘glo, he was from Wisconsin originally (Wright), but I am sure you know that.

Jul 5, 2010 at 9:20 pm

yuck

same.

Jul 5, 2010 at 9:15 pm

Hot humid and mosquito-infested. You?

Jul 5, 2010 at 8:22 pm

sounds yummy (((glo)))

hope you weather isn’t as unpleasant as mine :?

Jul 5, 2010 at 8:12 pm

Strawberry wine and double fudge brownie ice cream. They kinda go together.

Jul 5, 2010 at 7:53 pm

vanilla ice cream and lavender earl grey tea.

i am a wild man.

Jul 5, 2010 at 7:46 pm

Day off. Sat on my ass out by the pool. Laid on a raft in the pool. Repeated. Drinking mandarin vodka with OJ and cranberry juice. That is all.

Jul 5, 2010 at 6:01 pm

hullo…((((CIFs))))
    Day off
    no plans for the day…I am in recovery.

Jul 5, 2010 at 12:48 pm

Any left-over bottle rockets ?

Old Austin tradition.
    1) Go to Lake Travis (Town Lake is OK, too).
    2) Practice holding and then tossing bottle rockets up and above the water so that the rocket phase begins just after the item is pointing back down towards the water.
    3) Watch rockets whooosh toward the surface and go 1-2 feet underwater before they exploooodee with a flash of light, underwater but visible.
    4) Ingest your preferred psychoactive substance and repeat #3………………..
    ….(that’s why you practice in step #2…)

If no left-overs, there’s probably a 2 for 1 sale today.
    Load up on guns, bring your friends

Jul 5, 2010 at 12:36 pm

day off.

am expected to be working from home, but not gonna.

Jul 5, 2010 at 11:42 am

day off

should be applying for new jobs

Jul 5, 2010 at 11:17 am

day off.
    i’m applying for new jobs. it’s about time.

Jul 5, 2010 at 9:46 am

(((rilla)))

awwww, bottle rockets wars. i remember those.

*the key is to use spent roman candle tubes as rocket launchers. much more accurate*

*i am sooo southern, lol*

Jul 5, 2010 at 8:16 am

Hullo… Did I miss a birthday,,Congrats Beans..I am sorry I missed.

We are done celebrating the birth of our nation by blowing up a piece of it…the bottle rocket war ended when my oldest took a rocket to the family jewels….Boys will be boys until the bottle rockets change that. It was a blast and I wish all my (((CIFs)))) had been there with me.

Jul 5, 2010 at 12:06 am

i see a birthday (((beans))) :arrow:

*yes, i noticed* ;)

Jul 4, 2010 at 11:06 pm

Happy 4th!

And Happy Birthday (((Beans)))! Hope it was a good one. Actually, hoping you’re still celebrating :)

Jul 4, 2010 at 5:00 pm

DRAT! belated happy birthday to you, Beans- sorry I missed it.

Oh, Timo has promised that he’s packed the jalopy and is on his way to ‘rilla’s… me thinks he fibs. I doubt Miss Heather would encourage a wild and crazy trip across country no matter how good the food at ‘rilla’s is (and it IS that good). It’s worth two road trips and a hefty tip in my meager opinion. I can hardly wait to get off work so I can go join the festivities. Her eldest informed me I’m helping with the dishes when I get there. Odd, I don’t remember signing up for slave labor at his place today. ;-)

Anyhoo, I was just popping in to wish everyone a happy day with all your favorite nommies and bang bangs.
    Cheers, y’all.

Jul 4, 2010 at 3:00 pm

nomnomnom

good food and high explosives

perfect 4th of july combo, (((rilla)))

Jul 4, 2010 at 7:01 am

hullo.. (((CIFs))))

Hickory bbq baby back ribs, Chipotle bbq drumsticks. hot dogs, baked potatoes, spinach and romaine salad with cucumber, jicama with lemon and chili, watermelon (well chilled). a good german beer, sangria, and a unique honey whiskey.
    an excellent selection of things that make noise and smoke…bang. a fun time to be expected…so who’s onboard?

Jul 4, 2010 at 4:01 am

sometimes watermelon tastes like celery. don’t like celery. do like watermelon. hope you are all having great saturday nights!

Jul 3, 2010 at 10:55 pm

hello. I’m actually not sure what time I am on. It is 10.36 here and Chicagoans are using the horns on their cars like native vuvuzalans . . . or whatever they are. I got a bad carrot in a bag of small tender carrots. One bad carrot always spoils the bushell. Happy birthday, beans. hello, all, including, wade – who, I , saw, and, any, others, I , missed. I don’t really know how to use commas, so I thought I would just throw them in there willy-nily.

Jul 3, 2010 at 10:40 pm

heh.

happy birthday (((((beans)))))

you’re a… canadian doodle dandy? born on the 3rd of july??

Jul 3, 2010 at 9:36 pm

it’s my birthday!
    and i got a ferris reference from wade. i feel like you knew.

Jul 3, 2010 at 9:22 pm

bueller. bueller. bueller.

Jul 3, 2010 at 8:26 pm

welp

glad so see i still have the skillz

to stop a thread cold, that is

Jul 3, 2010 at 2:59 pm

good heavens, (((Wo)))

you won’t have to grocery shop for a month.

wait. you have boys.

you won’t have to grocery shop until this afternoon.

Jul 3, 2010 at 11:36 am

I have officially become unhinged. It occurred at 10:03 when I purchased 5 lbs. of Italian cookies to go with the sheet cake. I now have enough food to feed a small country. What was I thinking?

Jul 3, 2010 at 11:33 am

((((((rilla)))))))

*hands her a dog end*

yay for days off

i am watching another south american team fall to a northern european team, Tink. and not too pleased about it lol

yeah it’s funny about that whole “they won’t hire you if they don’t know you are available” routine. ;)

Jul 3, 2010 at 10:44 am

hullo..(((((CIFS)))))))’
    sent the men off to go get the explosives for the holiday fiesta tomorrow…I got the day off..yay.

Jul 3, 2010 at 10:27 am

Hey (((Wade)))
    (insert supportive phrase highlighting Wade’s prefered team in this particular match)

T minus 9 days until the divorce is final… and I’m loving every second :-).
    The job hunt isn’t moving nearly as quickly as I’d like. That may be because I haven’t actually applied for anything yet. Odd how that works… I don’t apply, they don’t hire me. Go figure. ;-)

Jul 3, 2010 at 10:02 am

hey (((Tink)))

just sittin here watching germany-argentina game.

how the breaking free/finding a job process going?

Jul 3, 2010 at 9:50 am

Hullo all my lovely ((((((((((cifs!)))))))))
    Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Just dashing through to make sure you all know I’m thinking about you all (yes, in that way) in between the giggle fits. Life is goooooooood. ;-)

Jul 3, 2010 at 9:25 am

j/k (((beans))) ♥

the oranje made their own luck

ok, dinner beckons!

Jul 2, 2010 at 4:52 pm

you mean when brazil beat brazil while holland watched? :P

Jul 2, 2010 at 4:28 pm

poor, pooor Gyan!
    i’m sad for them. gotta love Africa.

but remember when Holland beat Brazil?!?!

Jul 2, 2010 at 4:18 pm

coulda woulda shoulda

Jul 2, 2010 at 4:16 pm

did you see that missed free kick, beans?

unbelievable!

that was the game!!

Jul 2, 2010 at 4:03 pm

uggg. this is killing me. ghana keeps ALMOST scoring.

Jul 2, 2010 at 3:55 pm

i remember those days, Toy

(wsbe: small town, not stay at home mom! 8O :lol: )

my commute was a three minute walk… if i strolled :P

Jul 2, 2010 at 3:44 pm

i will confess i was hoping for an all south america rio paraná semi, beans ;)

and what was with that cow pasture they were using as a pitch?!? :o

uruguay and ghana both look like they are out of gas

Jul 2, 2010 at 3:43 pm

It’s 74 and sunny; comfortable 38% humidity! It’s supposed to go up into the 90′s Sunday, Monday, Tuesday though. Blech.

Sometimes it’s nice to live in a small town and be a stay-at-home mom. When traffic is busy, it takes me 7 minutes to get to the grocery store, instead of 6… ;)

Jul 2, 2010 at 3:32 pm

HUP HOLLANDE!!!

i was dancing around work!
    now im getting all anxious for Ghana, my second team. it’s one one in extra time.

Jul 2, 2010 at 3:31 pm

great ain’t it! :mrgreen:

Jul 2, 2010 at 3:31 pm

I just LOVE half-days. I can’t even get on the freeway during rush hour, but at noon I can cruise the 10 miles from work to home at a comfortable 70 MPH.

Pure joy, I tell ya!! :-D

Jul 2, 2010 at 3:04 pm

oh, and i’m home too!

5 years of commuting combat paid off. defeated pre-fourth traffic and got home in just under an hour (helps to know where the backroads are) 8)

congrats, (((beans))) on the oranje defeating brazil. sorry (((CG)))

*pines for CG*

how’s the weather up y’alls way, (((ToyWo)))?

Jul 2, 2010 at 2:56 pm

it’s 75° here, CB ;)

though it will crawl up toward 100 by sunday. :P

yay leftovers!!!

Jul 2, 2010 at 2:48 pm

Home again, home again, jiggety-jog!

Now I’m stuck in waiting-for-the-cable-guy limbo…be here sometime between noon and five.

It’s a wonderful 110° here and rising! Whoopie!!!

Jul 2, 2010 at 2:40 pm

Does that mean we’re all invited?

Jul 2, 2010 at 2:08 pm

Hey, ((((cifs)))), busy planning my son’s grad party for tomorrow. I have enough food for approximately 100 people. I expect 27 to attend. Can you say leftovers? I won’t have to cook for a week! Woo hoo!

Jul 2, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Thanks, Wade! I know I’m pretty good at getting what Rose chooses to call “ premature ejacu premonitions.” I should probably go to Vegas, but it’s not on my way.

(I suppose I could look at a map, but the maps always include a bunch of places, mountains, rivers, lakes, and roads that I’m not interested in. No thanks, Charles Atlas — I’ll continue to rely on my sense of smell to get me where I want to go.)

I know that you and CB have kicked this poor little immigration thing back and forth now for so long that your legs are sore, but here is my take on it.

I don’t like the term, “illegal.” It makes it seem like the person is ill. The person might be, but there is no reason to presume so automatically.
    Why not call them “wellness-to-be-determined-later” immigrants?

WTBDLs.

Words mean stuff. They shape perceptions. Remember when visitors from outer space were called “aliens?” Not very welcoming, was it?

Jul 2, 2010 at 12:25 pm

your prediction would have prescient, TOS, if you had made it… oh, about an hour or so ago ;)

brazil scored more times than the dutch

just not in the correct goal

Jul 2, 2010 at 11:37 am