Have a good time, Wade, but be sure to come back to the present and us!

Jul 20, 2010 at 11:05 am

i am sooo looking forward to late summer/fall!

well, i’m about to go out and wander around my former life.

hope you have a great day, (((glo)))

and the rest of you crazy cifs! ;)

Jul 20, 2010 at 10:28 am

No severe weather lately, but it’s been strictly A/C conditions here–hot and sticky. Would like to get a nice cool night to be able to open the house up for a bit.

Jul 20, 2010 at 10:20 am

hot and humid the last couple of days, (((glo))) :P

how about wisconsin? still dodging tornadoes?

Jul 20, 2010 at 10:07 am

Hiya Wade :D

Still in hot and dusty Texas?

Jul 20, 2010 at 10:05 am

I’m in!

morning (((glomowo))) ;)

Jul 20, 2010 at 9:57 am

Now I gotcha! (I think, whew!)

Morning, (((Timo)))

Jul 20, 2010 at 9:52 am

It worked for me.
    Good morning ((((((GloWo)))))))))

Jul 20, 2010 at 9:27 am

See why I got frustrated? (((glo)))

Jul 20, 2010 at 8:02 am

I tried to add you, Wo, but it won’t let me. :(

Jul 20, 2010 at 7:58 am

Tried to make my MBL again, but it crashed repeatedly. I’m not sure who is added and who isn’t. If I didn’t add you, try to add me… please?

Jul 20, 2010 at 7:40 am

Thanks, rose! Wow. It’s been awhile!

I have to make a new MBL. In a fit of frustration, I deleted it. It was completely locked up. I’ll see what I can do, but I have had issues since yahoo took it over.

Off to drive the kiddo to class…

Jul 20, 2010 at 6:34 am

Well, I guess bananas just taste like bananas, and that’s all there is to it.

RSBE: Congratulations on word, WotV!

Jul 19, 2010 at 11:54 pm

Hey, mowowatoglorilla. Ear infections are really no fun at all. I had a very serious one in Japan many, many, many years ago and am super careful now when swimming and so on. I am probably one of the few people who wear ear muffs in summer when my ears start playing up! If the a/c is too cold it can affect them, even. It’s a horrible kind of infection, WotV – hope it clears up soon.
    On another note, I so need my license here . . . I hate waiting.

Jul 19, 2010 at 5:21 pm

Ear infection is no fun. I am deaf in my right ear and still off-balance – and not in a good way. :(

Jul 19, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Doing well (((((Glo)))))) just trying to stay cool.

I need another vacation! :lol:

Jul 19, 2010 at 11:09 am

Good morning everyone!

((((Mo)))) I agree about Inglorious Basterds. Not quite historically accurate, but fun nonetheless.

Had a nice relaxing weekend on my mini-vacation. Only down side was that the AC compressor in the car broke about 20 minutes into our trip, and it was 98 on our way down… but the rest of the trip was great and relaxing. I didn’t realize until I got back how relaxed I wasn’t :) Hope everyone else had a great weekend!

Jul 19, 2010 at 9:43 am

(((((Timo)))) How are you?

I haven’t seen that one yet. I should add it to my Netflix queue, I guess.

Jul 19, 2010 at 9:08 am

I agree this coffee is delicious.
    I watched “inglorious basterds” last night.
    Meh, Tarantino doesn’t like history apparently. It was fun though.

Jul 19, 2010 at 8:37 am

Sure, beer is good, but coffee is better!

Jul 19, 2010 at 8:30 am

BEER IS GOOD!

that is all.

good night (((cifs)))

Jul 18, 2010 at 11:19 pm

hullo… watching my oldest steam clean my living room..he is a good son..personally I think he just likes using the machine…My first day off this week and we are deep cleaning the house…wow.

Tonight we shall have pan grilled steaks with mushrooms and green onions. Mashed potatoes with beef gravy, green salad, radish-carrot slaw, brochalli and cauliflower with a light cheese and butter sauce. and MrRilla is promising a cookie creation for dessert…

Gonna run down to the back 40 and do a bit of plowing…brb.

Jul 18, 2010 at 6:43 pm

Polly must only be petted in two places: when she is on top of her tower during the day or on the left side of the bed at night. NOT THE RIGHT SIDE! Belly rubs are only to be given on the tower during the day. At night on the bed, Polly only accepts whisker scratching, head rubbing and tail pulling.

Have a nice trip, Wade!

Jul 18, 2010 at 2:30 pm

how Polly feels when glo is away.

i’m in texas visiting family. too hot but nice to get away for a few days.

Jul 18, 2010 at 11:47 am

I’ve been Fiber Festivaling. Took a class on the history of ethnic knitted lace and bought a skein of sock yarn for which I plunked down $25. I ought to have my head examined. Also bought some fiber to spin for a sweater.

Hope you have a good vacation, Wade. May it be either restful or interesting or both.

My brakes are squeaking slightly. I blame the puddles.

Jul 17, 2010 at 6:00 pm

I am up early, too, Wade, but nowhere near your time. Contemplated a swim, but I better get to work in the basement! Enjoy your vacation. If you come back (today, I mean) – fill us in a little.
    oi, I read it so long ago that I can’t remember what I didn’t like about it. There is a Liza Dalby book, non-fiction, which I think it draws upon (though that is the actual story of a western woman who trained as a geisha), and I think there was some controversy with the actual woman he interviewed and based a lot of the story upon – not that I knew that at the time, or maybe I did. It was definitely a book club favourite, though, when I worked at the bookshop(s) – and I think your description sums it up well.
    Of course the Japanese were upset that a Chinese actress was used to play the main character in the film. Same as in “Pillow Book”. I guess Hollywood doesn’t consider the Japanese actresses willowy enough.
    OK, the coal mine beckons.

Jul 17, 2010 at 9:52 am

yesterday was waaay too busy for a friday. and i’m up waaay too early for a saturday. :|

i’m taking a little vacay and will be off the grid for about a week. (though i’ve been so sporatic of late i doubt anyone will notice a difference :( )

anyhooo y’all have fun. who knows, maybe i will have stories to tell ;)

Jul 17, 2010 at 5:56 am

yep finished ti and my life is not on hold anymore. Not my fav either, but entertaining for sure. It was like daily drama shows that you would not mind watching. I mean you certainly would not give up your fav activity to watch them but you know it’s raining and they are entertaining so you watch it. Like that. That said, I will agree that it was an emotional read and there were some chuckle worthy moments too. I liked his analogies best.

Jul 16, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Did you have an infection, WotV? Nasty. I am susceptible to them.
    oi, did you finish the book? I’ve read it. It was popular, not one of my faves, but I can see why people liked it.
    ‘glo, I’ve driven through water like that before, too, when a wadi overflowed in Oman. I was stupid to drive through it, but the car and myself came out okay the other side. Glad you were fine.
    Mama?
    Mark, they are very cool. And, hey, beans, frankie and wade! I better take Elroy for a quick walk.

Jul 16, 2010 at 7:44 pm

I iz here again and now I iz gone.

My ear hurts a little less, but I am still partially deaf which is handy for when the kids ask for too much stuff.

Jul 16, 2010 at 4:32 pm

•   Frankie bang

alone?

Jul 16, 2010 at 4:21 pm

•   Frankie bang

HERE!

Jul 16, 2010 at 4:17 pm

oooh!
    fractals!

Jul 16, 2010 at 2:49 pm

Wow, this is pretty awesome. I can see the math! fMRI imaging of various fruit and veggies.

(((Glo)))! Thanks for the info, I will look into Cades Cove. My family is definitely interested in history, I’d toured seemingly every civil war battlefield by the time I was 10. (it was probably only 3-5 battlefields, but it seemed like a lot).

We might make it to the Biltmore too. I’d also toured every mansion in existence by the time I was 10 (probably 4-7, but again it seemed like a lot).

WINE!

Oh HAI (((Mama)))! ♥

MSBE: Oh HAI (((Beans)))! ♥

Jul 16, 2010 at 2:40 pm

Hi Mama! ♥ What gives?

Jul 16, 2010 at 2:32 pm

•   mamason bang

Sorry. :oops:

Jul 16, 2010 at 2:31 pm

•   mamason bang

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! 8-O

Jul 16, 2010 at 2:30 pm

whoa! an actual visit from Mark! 8O

I’ve been to the Smokies twice and loved both visits, Mark. Not Maggie Valley, more toward Gatlinburg. I loved it so much that I convinced The Motorcycle that it would make total sense to go through the Smokies on the way home from his dad’s in Oklahoma. ;) We’re going to be there the week after you!

I highly suggest the motor tour of Cades Cove in Great Smoky Mountain National Park, if any of your family are at all interested in history. I understand the Biltmore is totally awesome to tour if you like, you know, touring fancy mansions. With wineries. ;)

Jul 16, 2010 at 2:21 pm

hey [[[Mark]]]

asheville is a pretty cool place. a little bit left of center for the south. ;)

*weakest page turn ever*

Jul 16, 2010 at 12:58 pm

[[[Wadoi)))

How are y'all doing? I saw that earthquake in the news, Wade... did you feel anything? A 3.7 or something... enough to feel but not enough to really actually do anything... but still pretty cool!

Tonight I'm going on vacation for a week. My parents rented a house in the mountains of North Carolina. It's their 40th anniversary. My sister, her boyfriend and her two kids will be there too. So kind of an immediate family reunion too. It'll be fun, I think, for a few days. Though a week might be a bit much. :) And I will miss teh Stacey for sure.
    I've never been to NC except for driving through it, does anyone know anything about Asheville (where I'm flying into) or Maggie Valley (where I'm staying)?

I hate 6-hour plane rides though. :x

Jul 16, 2010 at 11:50 am

lol (((oi)))

it was an itty bitty quake

unless you were on top of it :P

Jul 16, 2010 at 11:10 am

so it worked! I sent a little shake there so that q’s master wakes up from his slumber and gets busy. ;)

Jul 16, 2010 at 10:43 am

earthquake near dc this morning.

earthquake.

:o

Jul 16, 2010 at 10:32 am

good morning darlings! I have been busy reading Memoirs of a geisha. Good book. The author takes cheap shot at some places but still the story itself is captivating. I loved his use of metaphors and style of description. I am almost done with it. That’s why I never get a new book unless I am absolutely free for a day. It puts whole my life on the hold until I am done with the book. What do you do when people gift you books because they know you love to read? Such a paradox! At least I can blame whoever (other than myself) for bringing my life to stand still.
    Also @ glo, Ew.

Jul 15, 2010 at 10:37 am

Well, I didn’t have tornados, but I did have a rather bad drive in to work. Just before I had to leave, a severe thunderstorm passed over Milwaukee and caused flooding and standing water in low parts of the roads. I turned around three times to take alternate routes (I wasn’t about to go through a puddle a city bus was turning around to avoid! 8O ) but I finally got trapped and had to go through four puddles that were up to my undercarriage. I was white-knuckling it. I hate driving through high water.

All’s well, though. Back at work, scratching my mosquito bites.

Jul 15, 2010 at 7:55 am

Thanks, (((WotV))).

That really means a lot coming from an actual (read “paid”) writer! (That is you, right? I’ve been MIA for a while and really can’t remember what everyone does anymore.)

I’ll be sure to have an extra hankie or two handy in case the waterworks get going. ;-)

Jul 15, 2010 at 2:14 am

now that’s a road trip i can get behind! :mrgreen:

hey (((Toy)))

and as i bid you all good night, here’s a lullaby… slightly drunken. ;)

Jul 14, 2010 at 10:26 pm

Ok forget my trip to Lancaster. I’m going to Japan to see Flogging Molly!

Jul 14, 2010 at 9:47 pm

hi again

sorry you are feeling puny, (((Wo)))

oh, and lulz, rose. the band flogging molly will be in your japanese town at the end of the month

*pines for zB*

i hope the tornadoes in wisconsin stayed away from glo! *fret*

Jul 14, 2010 at 8:50 pm

WotV! I had wondered where you’d got to. Get well soon. I see you’re posting on the main, so you must feel a little better. Tinks, ‘rilla’s food does sound good. I am sending myself off to the basement to work, and fan, I/we did make it safely back on Monday. Thanks for the concern. Mama and CB, sorry to hear about either friend.

Jul 14, 2010 at 3:41 pm

Um… hi. I’ve been busy and sick, but have an appt to see the doctor tomorrow per tink’s orders.

CB, your vows are lovely. They are words from your heart and that is what truly matters. I cried reading them and I’m not your fiancee, so she will be reduced to sobbing I’m sure – in fact, make sure you have a handkerchief for her, okay? She’ll appreciate it.

*sigh* I confess. I do not have the energy to read the long posts by TOS and ty. I’m sure they contain untold amusement and/or opinions and facts that would enrich my life, but I’m too damn tired.

Jul 14, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Rilla! I will not stand for you besmirching my character. ‘Being sweet” indeed! I’m not capable of being sweet. Smarmy, yes, sweet, no. ;-)

In my defense – in all the years I’ve known Rilla, the only kitchen fails I have ever tasted involved someone else trying to cook – me, the bad DIL, the boy… (I didn’t notice a problem with the cheese sauce, but what do I know?)

I vote we all go on vacation. Just chuck IRL and go on vacation for a couple of weeks someplace with lots of (fill in your fave idea).

Jul 14, 2010 at 10:04 am

hullo…

Cb, you are such a poet…beautiful.
    Tink is being sweet about the food…she is kindly omitting the occasions when something becomes a kitchen fail.
    I often hear how you can find all your high school friends on facebook…All my high school friends must be horribly computer illiterate, not one of them is on face… hhhmmm.

Yes, sharing a computer with a teen makes for very brief shifts. Mostly I have her hovering over me wanting to know why I insist on hanging out on that crazy site with the crazy people….How I love my ((((CIFs)))))

Jul 14, 2010 at 1:41 am

Thanks, (((Everyone))).

I made one change in the order of things so it builds properly. It read more like a random list before:

…I give my hand,
    My heart,
    My mind,
    My life,
    My body and my soul…

mamason, so sorry to hear about your friend’s untimely tragic passing. My best friend from HS and into our adult years OD’ed too (in 1999). Oh, his family says it was a heart attack, but everyone knows the heart attack was cocaine induced.
    I sure hope you find the info you seek. Maybe an old acquaintance from HS on Facebook may know.

Jul 14, 2010 at 1:18 am

It’s been fun. :P

gotta go! :mrgreen:

Love you all. ♥

I miss you! :D

Jul 13, 2010 at 9:34 pm

Hi, is anyone home? First minute I have had in like two months. The Mr. and grandson are gone for a bit, taking the fishing boat out of the water and putting the sailboat back in. Which means they will be sailing this week and I’ll have more time, since I can no longer sail. :(

I now know how ‘rilla feels, sharing a computer with a teen. :lol:I have missed y’all so much. Just wanted to pop in and let you know I am still alive.

Mama ♥ I do hope you found out what happened to your friend, so sad.

I love your vows CB ♥ she will cry when you say those words…you might also.

rose ♥ so you took a wonderful trip? You actually went to the famous Inne? Met the BL? I do hope you made it home safely today.

‘glo ♥ Knitting camp! Yay, we have known each other for quite some time. I think this is the third knitting camp you have went to since I have known you…how time flies. I am trying my hand at socks again, I will conquer them yet!!! I want a pair, or numerous pairs that do not look fugly… I WILL win!

Wade ♥ I pine for you too. Hope you have finished with all the duties concerning your Mother. ♥ I am still working on that…three years later. It is tied up with the IRS legal department.

*thanks mom*

Anyway, all is well, I do love and miss my cif’s. ♥

Jul 13, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Mamason – try the social security death index on the interwebs. Insert her name and the state and anything else you may know, and you’ll have the info you seek.
    You have my condolences, and best wishes for your search.

Jul 13, 2010 at 1:22 pm

(((((((((((cifs!)))))))))))

“well I don’t know but I been told, if you never quit dancing you never grow old…”
    I’m still doing the Happy Dance; it literally took longer to walk across the street from my parking spot to the judge’s office than it did to get my divorce signed and filedyesterday. Life is amazing, the bar is open, and drinks are on me.

I feel terribly for all of you… you only get to read Rilla’s menus. If only you could taste the divinity that springs from her kitchen… (btw – I’m eager to learn knife throwing and think her bad DIL would make for an excellent practice partner . )

@CB – your vows are beautifully written, and I get the anvil reference… loving someone can be one of the most difficult yet fulfilling jobs you’ll ever have. Admittedly the ‘kiting checks’ would add as just the right dash of hysterical irony. Also, have no fears about that 20-something being our future… ‘they’ are swearing it all ends in a couple of years anyway, right?

hugs and smoochies to you all… I’m off to get a new driver’s license, though I really wish they didn’t have to take my picture. All this non-stop grinning is giving me wrinkles.

Jul 13, 2010 at 1:18 pm

•   mamason bang

CIFS~ I need your help. I just found out that a dear friend of mine from highschool was found dead in an abandoned building. An apparent drug overdose. I have no idea if it happened 10 years ago or yesterday. How do I do a search online when all I have is her name. Does anyone know? Her name was Lisa Rieth. She lived in Arlington, Va. She was the sweetest thing. The last time I saw her was probably 15 years ago. I can’t belive she died like that.

Jul 13, 2010 at 1:17 pm

•   mamason bang

*puts on brave face*

CB… That is lovely. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptuals.

*runs away, weeping*

Jul 13, 2010 at 1:11 pm

CB,

I really like your vows, but there was one phrase that struck an odd clanging note to my ear: “anvil of love.”

It seems a bit hard and more evocative of metal-smithing than matrimonial aspirations.

If the vows were mine, I might go with something like:

And we have forged our checks upon the kites of love

But, CB, you and I aren’t a couple, so you’ll have to forge ahead on your own.

Jul 13, 2010 at 1:59 am

Wow. It wouldn’t let me post for a while.

Hi, Wade? What’s wrong? What is bedazzling you?

Jul 12, 2010 at 11:24 pm

*wanders in, dazed and confused*

um, hi?

Jul 12, 2010 at 8:02 pm

hullo…’
    The problem with the DIL is that I would want a very encompassing hex ..small would be very hard to create…rawr.

Watching old movies and wishing. The weather is up and down…rain, sun, rain…heat and humidity…typical arkansas…

Jul 12, 2010 at 2:38 pm

Good morning, all. In Idaho. Should reach home today. A little puppy will be happy. ‘glo, what are you doing in Baraboo? I am sure you said before.

beans, good luck with that! and it sounds like fun.
    t – how’s the weather down in Az? It’s getting cooler as we head west.

CB, I am glad everything is shaping up so well for you.

‘rilla, what if it is your karma, or destiny, thing you have to fulfill to put a small little hex on your D-I-L? Or if that is her karma? Though don’t hold me responsible for the consequences ;)

Jul 12, 2010 at 12:36 pm

i decided to spend the day painting. i am submitting three pieces to an art show in october. i’ve never done that before!

Jul 12, 2010 at 11:58 am

Have fun in Baraboo!!! :grin:

*misses UGH too*

Jul 12, 2010 at 10:55 am

Good morning, (((Timo)))

Packing up and getting ready to go off to Baraboo. *pines for UHG*

Jul 12, 2010 at 10:14 am

Good morning
    (((((((((((((((GloBeans)))))))))))))))))

Jul 12, 2010 at 10:07 am

Hi Beans! Why not come to Wisconsin and go to Knitting Camp with me? You can paint instead knit if you want. :)

Jul 12, 2010 at 9:50 am

i think that is beautiful, CB.

they’ve canceled my shift, again, and so i’m left with a day off and no plans, again.

blargh.

Jul 12, 2010 at 9:46 am

Don’t change a thing, CB. That is all you. ♥

Jul 12, 2010 at 8:13 am

Come to think of it, I probably did not post my vows, so here ya go…I’d really like input from you brilliant friends of mine to help tighten things up around the edges…you know I can suck at grammar sometimes, and I don’t want to fuck this one up, ya know?:

(Ms. CB), your spirit has found mine,
    And we have forged a bond upon the anvil of love.
    You have filled spaces within my heart I thought would be forever void.
    You have restored in me a strength I felt my soul would never again find.
    With all of my heart, I will love you.
    With all of my humanity, I will respect you.
    With all of my strength, I will support you.
    From this day forward,
    I give my hand,
    My life,
    My heart,
    My mind,
    My body and my soul,
    To you in full measure.
    I commit myself to you now, and forever.

Too sappy? Probably…but I’m a little
    old romantic sap! Hahaha

Jul 12, 2010 at 2:51 am

DAMN!

Someone posted a diatribe I intended to read in full later. I knew Kerry would delete that load of crap, but thought I’d have time to read it before it was gone and missed it.

What was that crap all about? I think Ty or TOS read it?…I didn’t have time, Ms. CB and I were heading out…

Sat and showed her our budget today. For some reason she was stressing about finances, so I had to show her on (paper) Microsoft Money just how well set we are to achieve our goals.

Poor thing isn’t used to thinking in terms of her MAN contributing towards shared goals.

Still trying to find time for my CIFs…so much to do IRL, so little time, …but I ♥ you all in your own special way!! :-)

I’ve written my vows, but cannot remember if I have posted them here, let me know if I have and if I have not I will do so.

Jul 12, 2010 at 2:29 am

‘Rilla, I’ve always craved a spot to share a smoke with a (Playboy) bunny!
    TOS, I look forward to the infomercial, and will order several sets (in all available colors) no matter the S&H cost!!

Jul 12, 2010 at 2:01 am

First of all, Mama… I love you for your cooking! That sounds SO delicious! Secondly, I think sometimes you can be karma’s messenger. Sounds like a hex is about right :evil:

Jul 11, 2010 at 8:36 pm

hullo.. the evil DIL is at it again… she lied to the boy and filed for full custody and child support…funny that she hardly ever takes the kids and always has an excuse for not keeping them her full time…feh..I wish I wouldn’t affect my karma, I would put such a hex on her…

lets see…sirloin tips with a red wine mushroom sauce over buttered egg noodles, spinach souffle, romaine hearts with a ceaser dressing dip. parmeasan au gratin potatoes, honey dew melon wrapped with prochiutto, warm french bread rolls, and espresso gelatto …beer and wine available on request.

Jul 11, 2010 at 2:19 pm

It was so much fun glo! I loved it. Next on my list are para gliding and skydiving.

Jul 11, 2010 at 9:45 am

That’s weird, oi, I swear your response wasn’t there last night. So it was fun? I’m not much for thrill-seeking stuff like that.

Jul 11, 2010 at 9:15 am

No, seriously. This little kitten the Motorcycle’s Daughter brought home is absofuckinglutely ADORABLE!

Jul 10, 2010 at 7:36 pm

It’s the first rose and it was awesome. But if it was third I would have liked it even more. :twisted:

Jul 10, 2010 at 7:32 pm

I love when you google, rose :)

Jul 10, 2010 at 3:05 pm

Hey, ‘rilla!
    Okay, oi. I googled.
    A flying fox (you go on a hook and down a metal kind of thing)?
    A waterfall thing?
    Some hot young stud you brought home?
    A new name for a train?
    A vow of silence?
    An actual zip that you are now sewing into a garment?
    Hope your Saturday is going well.
    We gotta get moving.
    PS: Have fun, oi, if it is number 1, 2 or 3 ;)

Jul 10, 2010 at 10:36 am

going for zipline!

Jul 10, 2010 at 9:13 am

hullo…another day in call monkey world…I am doing well…regarding Castle…I have seen only a couple of shows, and I may have caught the best of the lot, it was entertaining but certainly not what I would consider intellectual property…I also am a Nathan Fillion fan…

I sympathize with Cb’s cig problem..I hope that you at least have a nice view while you sit there..Our smoker’s hole is well kept and out of the weather with a nice park like view and bunnys that live there…Almost makes the smokers feel like they are real people..

Jul 10, 2010 at 2:28 am

Ty,

Whatever you do, DO NOT sell your silver-plated hip flask.

I’ve never seen one before, and now I’m seriously considering visiting you in Costa Rica (with Rose) sometime in the autumn. Obviously, I’d be honored to inspect it and offer you an informal appraisal as to its value.

As it has plates attached, I’m guessing that it is Andean in provenance (probably either Peruvian or Bolivian, but I’d need to examine it closely before making such a determination).

My initial hunch is that the plates were utilized as ad hoc mirrors for the purpose of chopping and then scraping the fine powder into tidy little lines that they would then insert into their nostrils so as to gain the energy necessary to keep producing more flasks.

I am certain, Ty, that you recall the astute observation made by Dr. Richard E. Leakey at his acceptance speech upon winning the Nobel Prize in Anthropology: “The Andean craftsmen may have utilized primitive means, but those whacked-out little shits were fucking productive.”

Thanks to the flask in your possession, Dr. Tyrone, we may now finally have the key that definitively answers just how it was that their glorious rate of productivity was actually achieved.

Jul 10, 2010 at 2:06 am

Congratulations on word! timo.
    ty, glad to hear your missus is doing well.
    oi, sorry about the weather woes. mark, sorry about the weather woes. all else and other else, Bismarck, North Dakota has a “Bark Park”. We took Elroy there and he trotted around with the big dogs, and they were fine with that, but wouldn’t play with him. No-one would play with him. he’s lounging about on a browny-yellow-bronzey kind of coverlet now. It does so go with his fawn fur. Glad to see Wade and Wo (and all).

Jul 10, 2010 at 12:40 am

@CB,

I’m sorry to read of your recent misunderstanding at the bus stop.

Even though it would have been very easy for you to quickly survey the surrounding area for any potential bus-riders, and to offer each of them a detailed explanation of the private arrangement you have made with the various bus drivers, I want you to know that I personally hold you in no way responsible for the young guy missing his bus.

Previously, I might have suggested (somewhat ludicrously) that you bring an extra set of hobo clothes to work , so that when you leave the campus (on company time?) to smoke cigarettes, you could relax while sitting on the grass without (a) staining your slacks, and/or (b) causing unnecessary confusion to the bus-riding citizenry of Phoenix.

Happily, that potential suggestion of mine is now rendered moot, thanks to a new product I’m about to unleash in the marketplace in order to put an end to embarrassing confrontations such as the one you have recently endured.

I call it: “The Butt Bib.”

It is much like the traditional aprons our mothers used to wear in tv sit-coms, like “The Donna Reed Show,” but this one hangs in the back, not the front. It’s washable, stain resistant, water-proof, and flame-retardant.

What’s more, it will be available in a wide variety of colors and styles that will be certain to mesh with any mood or outfit that can reasonably be deemed appropriate by someone considered relatively sane. Since it hangs in the back, it ties in the front, making it far easier to put on and take off than any of those old-fashioned cramp-givers which our mothers were forced to contort themselves into when preparing our meals.

Finally, CB, you can stop worrying about how you’ll manage to lug around your extra set of smoking hobo clothes — “The Butt Bib” rolls up into a cylinder that is no larger and no heavier than a fat midget’s average-sized penis.

Put it in briefcase, your glove compartment, or even in your pocket! As long as you’ve got your Butt Bib (plus a lighter and a cig), you’re free to smoke anywhere you want, anytime you want.

Lay back. Light up. And Enjoy!

The Flavor Is Back! You’re In Butt Bib Country.

Jul 9, 2010 at 11:52 pm

TOS,
    Thanks for the heads-up re Rocky Raccoon/Rococo.

I’ve already made the easy moves…selling my collection of spats and straw boaters to that vintage store in Madison and making a pledge not to watch any combat sports where the announcer asks if we are ‘ready to rumble’.

But I’m not sure about two things…is it a problem if I keep my goldfish, Oscar, and can I sell my silver plated hip flask on Ebay, or do I need to take it to a recycling operation and sell it strictly for the metal value ?

I’m leaning toward keeping Oscar…after all, he’s the only goldfish here and unlikely to precipitate any ingestion of massive numbers of his mates.

As much as I could use the dough (and don’t think I don’t notice las idiomas antiguas creeping in), I’m thinking flask melt-down is the more responsible path. If you went through the Looking Glass back during the time of Pez dispensers, I’m sure you’ll remember, although like I do, or don’t, not necessarily with any particular clarity, how one minute you’re a bong-stoned teen taking a tiny piece of sugar to tide you over until Mario gets back from the munchies-expedition and the next time you swallow, the painted-face freak who offered you the candy hands you a 3-page questionnaire and a Bic pen and tells you he’d really like your feedback on the new 700mcg purple Owsley that should be starting about NOW.

Of course, what I mean is the flask could be a sort of gateway artifact like Pez dispensers were…you know, one minute it’s a quick snort of cheap brandy before going over to the GF’s house for dinner with the clan…
    next thing you know you’re in a dither at a sporting goods mega-store trying to finish putting a deposit down on a special order of 2 dozen of the big Havahart non-lethal traps so you can make it over to Ethyl & Fred’s Vac and Sewing Machine Repair and Sales before they close at 8:30. They’re the only game in town for that snazzy lining material and those hotsy-totsy sleeve buttons that the dames go goofy for. Like I said, I could really use the cash, but melt-down may be the more ethical route. Ideas?

Jul 9, 2010 at 11:10 pm

Good evening, everyone.

Glo, are you certain the dead raccoon was the mother? I recently saw a documentary about raccoons that provided much evidence about how father raccoons enjoy taking their kids out on little excursions. It was quite fascinating, really.*

Also, do you have any clues as to how the raccoon died?

Obviously, the first conclusion most people draw is that a dead raccoon on the side of the road means that it was most likely struck by a car.

And that, my friend, is just what the pelt poachers want people to think!

If I were you, I’d refrain from speculating, at least until the boys downtown conclude their preliminary testing.

I don’t want to scare you, Glo, but when you took Rose and I out to that Picnic At Hanging Rock-like bluff overlooking Lake Michigan, I noticed a lot of nefarious activities taking place out in the woods. At the time, I innocently assumed that the teenaged boys I witnessed in the forest were merely partaking in some sort of drug-fueled, wicca-inspired, gay satanic sex orgy — as kids often do during those first languid days of their summer vacation from school.

I knew that the greedy claws of the French Pelt Cartel had long been firmly implanted in certain regions of Wisconsin — particularly in the Chippewa Valley and east as far as Green Bay –but I had no idea that its reach now extended so far south that it was gradually inserting itself into the soft, moist underbelly of suburban Milwaukee’s most intimately enjoyable and hitherto unviolated natural playgrounds.

Glo, this is wrong.

People who wear raccoon coats should be ashamed of themselves.

The same holds true for those of French descent who have relatives currently working in the fur trade.

* Clarification of an earlier statement: The documentary to which I earlier referred wasn’t about raccoons. It was mostly about foxes, but included many insights into other woodland creatures, as well. Its title, if I recall correctly was: “The Fantastic Mr. Fox.”

Jul 9, 2010 at 9:23 pm

Oh thank god this day is almost over…

Jul 9, 2010 at 4:35 pm

Hi, from the phone! Still in Minnesota, I think, but v. Near north Dakota. Beans, it would be great if you came to Seattle. We will be in Oz until early Sep (from aug), but if you’re around, look us up! TOS has some pretty neat art, and it would be fun to catch up with you and Mark and so on. We went to the Walker Art Center yesterday. Along with the art institute of Chicago, one of the highlights of this trip.
    I am barricking (barracking?) for Spain and Uruguay for Sun and Sat. Saw the last 30 min or so of the neth/Uruguay game. The last 5 min amazing. Passing a windmill. (((CIFs))

Jul 9, 2010 at 2:42 pm

im driving all the way there from ontario and then flying back. im excited!

Jul 9, 2010 at 11:41 am

Really Beans!!! If you haven’t been there before you will love it. I want to go to Vancouver. I saw a travel show about it and it looks nice.

Jul 9, 2010 at 11:15 am

hello.
    i’m bored bored bored.
    canceled shift (again!) today.

but i’m going out west in september. maybe even to seattle!

Jul 9, 2010 at 11:10 am

I think on my next vacation I want to visit S-poke-ane Washington.

Jul 9, 2010 at 10:45 am

@CB:

This incident was just so unnecessary.

Before you sit down to smoke, quickly scan the area for people who look as if they could be potential bus riders. Then just approach them, explain what you’re doing, and be sure let them know that the busdriver knows you’re not going to be a passenger, so unless someone else is at the bus stop with you, the bus won’t be stopping.

If there aren’t other people around, you should just sit down and enjoy your smoke.

P.S., CB, it might be a good idea for you and the bus driver to meet at some point to discuss a special signal that you can give in the event that the day comes when you actually do need to take the bus.

Jul 9, 2010 at 10:04 am

Glo you should have taken a picture and sent it to Sarah M! She likes that sort of thing.

Jul 9, 2010 at 9:05 am

Stay safe, oi!

Today on the way to work I saw two baby raccoons sitting next to their dead mom by the side of the road. :(

Jul 9, 2010 at 5:58 am

I am home! First time ever I came early! They say there is a possibility of riots in our town. They come out with the verdict, police officer guilty for involuntary man slaughter in Oakland BART shooting case. People have gathered up in downtown. I think this verdict will help and riots won’t happen but safety is always the best option right?

Jul 8, 2010 at 7:31 pm