oi, TOS is more exact, and more likely to use rude words, fewer adjectives, than me – believe it or not ;)

I do get influenced by other styles, though.

More last minute scrambling. Hey, all!

Aug 4, 2010 at 11:04 am

Rose you sound like TOS on main on that comment

Aug 4, 2010 at 10:44 am

My blog post- CIFS part two… or fear of claw. http://wotv-freelancingontheverge.blogspot.com/

Aug 4, 2010 at 9:55 am

You have all the fun, glo ;) It took me a while to write that one :arrow: Now I am behind on walking the do and doing work schedule, and thanks. The plane leaves late, so I might pop in tomorrow.

Aug 3, 2010 at 10:35 pm

Oh lord. Now I’ve got some twit of a (young white male) knitter chastising the community for posting lolcats on the grounds that they mirror slave dialect as portrayed in the movies of the early twentieth century and so are therefore racist. :roll:

Have a great trip, rose!

Aug 3, 2010 at 10:12 pm

Hi – before enlightenment folding boxes! Still working, though taking a break now, of course. Rush L doing some trolling out there? The YOQI is very nice, Timo. Wade, I hope you pep up, and catch up with WotV – gawn (go on) – we dare you.

Sorry about the football woes, ‘glo. For those who remember Troy, I will be seeing him on Sunday. Leave any messages you wish passed along here, or email (I did a typical rose cleanse of MBL and a few other things the other day – *sigh* – well, I think I flounce less than I used to).

Hi, Mark, Mama, Bunnee :arrow:

Aug 3, 2010 at 7:42 pm

I would love to have you visit me, Timo!

Nappytime on the sofa with me, Wade? I have a bit of a headache I want to get rid of before knit night.

Aug 3, 2010 at 1:07 pm

i am tired.

Aug 3, 2010 at 11:30 am

I have a free roundtrip ticket and I don’t know where to go… Seattle again? I may have to come to YOQI this fall. Visit the land of my people. :grin:

Aug 3, 2010 at 11:15 am

As my trip to DC gets closer, Wade comes to the Q less and less… avoiding me? Hmmm….

Favre flounces?

Aug 3, 2010 at 10:53 am

They’re damned if they do and damned if they don’t. Rely on Favre and don’t get any decent back-up, he quits on you. Get some decent back-up and he flounces because he doesn’t want the competition for the starting spot.

I’m still a little bitter.

Aug 3, 2010 at 10:28 am

They should have seen that coming.

Aug 3, 2010 at 10:20 am

Oh, Brett Favre isn’t coming back? Ho-hum. Screwed over another team. At least the team he screwed this time is the Vikings.

Aug 3, 2010 at 10:01 am

Morning ((((##Timo##))))

It’s sticky but not too hot around here. Been a hot wet summer. Weatherwise, anyway. :|

Aug 3, 2010 at 9:57 am

(((((((((((((((((((GloRilla♥)))))))))))))))))))
    It was a rainy but humid weekend here but much cooler! Now I think the summertime heat is coming back with a vengeance.

Aug 3, 2010 at 9:29 am

Hullo, Rilla. Sure wish you had time to play during the day!

Aug 3, 2010 at 7:08 am

Hullo… plowing the back 40, got a little warm out there…trotting through the HQ and missing my (((CIFs)))) . Drive by pouncys for all…

Aug 3, 2010 at 1:53 am

Summertime, and the livin’ is easy…
    fish are jumpin’, and the cotton is high.
    Your daddy’s rich, and your momma’s good -lookin’
    Hush, little baby, don’t you cry…

Nope, don’t feel a bit cooler. Ah well, it was worth a try.

((((((cifs!))))))

Aug 2, 2010 at 4:12 pm

I hope you have a great time, rose, and that TOS enjoys seeing your old stomping grounds. Don’t forget to give Troy a big old smooch from me. ♥

(((((Timo)))))) I’ve been missing you. Not to mention your “texts”. :twisted:

Aug 2, 2010 at 2:27 pm

Good luck, Bunnee!

Morning, glo and timo, and shout outs to ‘rilla, morpho, wade, tinks and wotv.

Packing, or unpacking, box time, and shifting furniture. 2 days until we depart to Oz (I’ve got my ruby slippers ready).

Aug 2, 2010 at 12:05 pm

Wishing you good luck Bunnee!!!!!!!
    Hi (((((((((((Glo))))))))))
    I guess things have been kind of quiet here in the Q.

Aug 2, 2010 at 10:39 am

Thanks, Glo, I’m holding out hope for both, too! Time to get in the shower and actually put makeup on and dress like a grown up! I’ve done so little of that the past year….

Aug 2, 2010 at 10:27 am

Good luck, Bunnee! Hopefully this will be a position with growth potential as well as actual, you know, salary.

Aug 2, 2010 at 9:35 am

((CIFs)) Good morning!
    Sounds like you had a good trip, Glo! It’s nice to get away from it all once in a while, right?

Wo, no worries. I was just teasing you a little bit. I do that from time to time. As far as the post, <3.

I have a promising job interview today, so keep your fingers crossed for me, you guys. It is for a lead teller position, but if they can pay me what I want (which is substantially lower than what it was at my last job), I guess I can overlook the title. I've been an Assistant Manager my whole career, so it's a bit of a blow to my ego, but hey, it's a JOB. (I'm talking like I already have the job!)

Backreading Rilla's post is making me hungry!!!

Aug 2, 2010 at 9:24 am

OK, I know I’ve been a bad girl and I haven’t been around much, but I’ve been making a grand circle of a road trip WI to IL to MO to OK to AR to TN to NC to TN to NC to TN to VA to WV to OH to IN to IL and back to WI. Whew! Saw two young bears in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park– one was stealing a jug of milk off some picnickers. Lots of deer and turkeys and birds I don’t get to see much. A very nice time.

(((CIFs)))

Aug 2, 2010 at 7:45 am

•   morpho aurora bang

:D

Aug 1, 2010 at 12:46 pm

Bunnee, if you see this, I did add you. In fact, I thought I had you in there already! I was shocked to see that I hadn’t. I have your name on the list I was making… huh. Sorry!!!

Aug 1, 2010 at 10:46 am

hullo…*shuffling around with a feather duster, getting the layers of dust off *

Hot and humid down here in the south.
    Thinking of a fine mixed greens salad topped with chunks of avacado, crab, lobster and shrimp, aged swiss and asparagus. A lovely, tangy buttermilk ranch on the side and garlic,herb croutons as desired. A mojito infused tropical fruit mix, well chilled with sprigs of mint to garnish. Thin slices of cold roast beef, mesquite smoked turkey breast, ubber large beefsteak tomato, provolone cheese and soft pumpernickel bread, with small pots of horseradish mayo and spicy german brown mustard. A punchbowl filled with well chilled sangria with floating slices of orange, lemon and limes. A huge galvanized tub filled with ice and several kinds of light and dark ales.
    A little something to beat the heat, I think, and to keep our body and souls together…

Pouncy pouncy on all , and to all a smoochy good night.

Aug 1, 2010 at 12:56 am

you have no idea how glad i am this work week is over

that is all

Jul 30, 2010 at 7:49 pm

Good Lord it’s dead in here. *sigh*

Jul 30, 2010 at 3:54 pm

Hooooray for Mama♥ !
    ((((((((((((((TinkWoWade]]]]]]]]]]

Jul 29, 2010 at 1:21 pm

Yay, (((((((((((((mama))))))))))))))))!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 29, 2010 at 1:03 pm

mama got Word!

w00t!

Jul 29, 2010 at 9:26 am

I’m loving that the comment box is completely covered by the Gatorade G series ad. How appropriate! Especially since it’s sponsored by DICK’S. (that’s a Sporting goods store for those not in the know.)

Just flying through to pass out hugs and smoochies to all my wonderful cifs

Hughughughhughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughug smoooooooooooooooochies!

Jul 28, 2010 at 9:18 pm

((((((((((Wade))))))))))) best kitty pic EVER.

(((((((((((rosetimooi))))))))))) Hate humidity. Confused by Froget, and mildly annoyed by life in general. Guess that covers it all.

Jul 28, 2010 at 3:24 pm

((((mo)))
    Move to Ca! I love cutting air with machete! That’s so appropriate!
    woman or man dressed as a woman I don’t like him.

Jul 28, 2010 at 11:42 am

It is like 90 and 90 here today! Ugh, hacking the air with a machete just to get around. Even a morning swim was no respite.

Jul 28, 2010 at 11:31 am

I think froggie is a woman and French, as she’s pointed out. But I didn’t think she was a woman until, was it last note? when she gave her stats.

But, I don’t know for certain. I like the play on words in the name (forget me not), not that I speak or read French, and maybe my take on that is wrong. I don’t get many of the comments, but that’s Okay.

‘glo, I’m glad you’re enjoying your trip, and sad to hear that the motorcycle is ill. Good weather in Seattle and for the last few weeks.

amy d, you have some awesome pictures on your flickr.

Damn! Page turn. *gribbet. gribbet, gribbet, gribbet*

Jul 28, 2010 at 1:10 am

thanks for the travel update, Wo.

Jul 27, 2010 at 7:47 pm

I also thought the gigglebrax comment diarrhea was familiar. Another reason why I have been absent.

Jul 27, 2010 at 1:49 pm

I think froget menot or whatever is somebody we know. His love for posting links and recent comment about thumbs gives him away.

Jul 27, 2010 at 12:20 pm

Going to DC Aug 8-11. What do you say, Wade?

Jul 27, 2010 at 9:53 am

Aw shucks, amy d, I miss you too. Made our way to Dickson, TN last night, stopped short of Nashville due to severe weather. The Motorcycle has some sort of fever and has been under the weather the past few days, so I did a lot of driving yesterday. Luckily, he seems to be on the mend and when I refused to let him take his temperature for the tenth time in an hour, that seemed to break his obsession over his fluctuating temp. Since then he has improved rapidly. ;)

Today on to the Smokey Mountains! Hope it won’t be too rainy.

Jul 27, 2010 at 7:52 am

CB, it’s like a mad troll-crush. FM just wants to gigglebrax you repeatedly. And yes, that is a euphemism.

Jul 27, 2010 at 7:25 am

Looks like I have a new troll following me around. Froget Menot posts a gigglebrax on almost everything I post…like I care.

Had Ms. CB’s daughter and her children over for the weekend…got to play step-dad and grandpa.

Damn, I felt old for a few minutes, then I realized how cool it is to say “Ask your Mom”.

“Mister Chris, can I have some Milk Duds?”…ask your mom
    “Mister Chris, Can we go swimming?”…ask your Mom.

Got my new smoker/grill last Friday (damned thing is HUGE!!! The Char-Broil American Gourmet Deluxe can be seen at charbroil.com. It’s a charcoal grill. 105 pounds of grilling pleasure!!)…guess who’s in heaven!! :-D

Jul 27, 2010 at 3:25 am

Just popping in for a quick hello to my beautiful and sorely missed sister, anglophile.

Love,

amy d

Jul 26, 2010 at 9:52 pm

I’m okay… no worries.

For those of you who, like me, are complete geeks. Here is your nerdgasm of the day:

Jul 26, 2010 at 3:48 pm

hullo…
    Grandson’s 5th birthday today…what a haul he got..and shrimp and scallop kabobs, burgers and hotdogs for his birthday dinner…his choice. Tink made his cake and we had a good time.

I am going through some serious pouncy withdrawl here.
    Donde estan mis amores…?? *dogend comes out and is lit up*

Jul 26, 2010 at 1:04 am

wait.

there were tornadoes near Wo? 8O

fretfretfretfretfret

Jul 25, 2010 at 8:31 am

glad to see my innuendo didn’t go unnoticed. :twisted:

Jul 24, 2010 at 2:40 pm

•   mamason bang

“i take the back way in by mamason” 8-O

mmmmmmmmmm… Wade knows what I like. :twisted:

Jul 24, 2010 at 2:18 pm

Hit and run. My addiction revealed: http://wotv-freelancingontheverge.blogspot.com/

Jul 23, 2010 at 9:01 pm

back home! :D

so what interests you, Beans? what makes you smile? angry? passionate?

do you have any parameters? still life? figure? landscape? animals?

i’m sure whatever you paint will be awesome! ♥

Jul 23, 2010 at 5:21 pm

guys!
    i need inspiration!
    i need to paint two more 12″x12″ paintings this month and i just don’t know what to paint. i am working on one now of a girl in a red dress and an airform silver bullet trailer.

Jul 23, 2010 at 1:49 pm

Word, oi. It seems you have been corrupted. ;) Okay, the basement beckons. I wish it was as interesting as fantasy’s basement, but lots of boxes of books to be put away, and some makeshift adjustments to book cupboards.

I’ve been swimming again. It’s great. And went for a huge walk yesterday. Losing some of the weight that I put on after the Chicago trip. I hope all is going well in SF, oi, with work, your sister and the rest.

Jul 23, 2010 at 12:32 pm

What wasn’t up rose? Does it belong to TOS? shit I need to get my mind of gutter. I blame you guys!

Jul 23, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Yes, glo, stay safe and you too, wade! Grr to Julia Roberts movie promo being over the comment box. Hope I’m touch typing correctly!

Thanks, WotV. I didn’t notice until TOS said last night, but it might be that it wasn’t up when I visited. Makes me sound falsely modest, but it’s true, I tell ya! Falcon, hope you can beat that insomnia, and that a migraine doesn’t come with it. Morning oi and ‘rilla. Did I cover everyone?

Jul 23, 2010 at 11:54 am

Glo Stay safe!

Jul 23, 2010 at 10:23 am

Congrats on Word, ((((rose))))!!!

Jul 23, 2010 at 7:38 am

•   0falcon8 bang

wade–if you want to swing by georgia, i’ll buy you lunch!

*sigh* insomnia is teh suck :(

Jul 23, 2010 at 4:03 am

hullo… I iz sadds..I missed der Wade…pouncy?
    This working thing is really cutting into my PAN time…

Pouncy pouncys on all my CIFs with smoochies and such involved.

Jul 23, 2010 at 1:32 am

We left town half an hour before storms hit. Are now in Rolla MO. God only knows the state of the Motorcycle’s basement–my sister reported that an area of Milwaukee not far from the Motorcycle’s house got 7 inches rainfall–and that was before the last line of storms was moving through. 8O

Jul 23, 2010 at 12:00 am

well, i’m off to bed.

no PAN encounters on my route home, unless i take the back way in by mamason.

night (((cifs)))

Jul 22, 2010 at 9:21 pm

oh noes!!!1!!1!

glo is getting flooding rains!

fretfretfretfretfretfret

Jul 22, 2010 at 8:35 pm

why yes i did, (((oi))) ;)

nothing quite like driving over 800+ km a day for two days… and one more day tomorrow :P

Jul 22, 2010 at 8:02 pm

:) ((wade))
    sounds like you had hot and sweaty vacation. :twisted:

Jul 22, 2010 at 7:52 pm

hey now!

i tried, oi!

Jul 22, 2010 at 7:48 pm

Wade is tease. :P

Jul 22, 2010 at 7:39 pm

nooooo!!!!!!!! i missed Frankie too??!!?! :cry:

maybe next time i’ll go through oklahoma so i can hook meet up with her. ;)

Jul 22, 2010 at 7:18 pm

missed me by that much, Tink. :( i was already on the road.

you never know, Wo. no really. you’ll never know. 8)

lol CB. i guess hosting the Warden was the final test. ;) glad y’all survived it!

* aside: this hotel has sucky wi-fi so i am typing on my ipod at the moment. makes it hard to scroll up to follow up on all the comments.*

Jul 22, 2010 at 6:55 pm

•   Frankie bang

This used to be a pretty hopping place in the middle of the days. Now we’re all on the fancy new fangled facebook. I know I’m not one to talk because I’m hardly EVER in here, but I do miss it. o_O

Jul 22, 2010 at 3:16 pm

We love you too, ((((Frankie)))).

Jul 22, 2010 at 12:03 pm

•   Frankie bang

I haz feelings. For this entire room.

Jul 22, 2010 at 11:49 am

oh- you will want to bring your lawn chair and mosquito repellent, though. The yard is big, but it’s not very soft, and the mosquitoes seem bent on destruction this year.

Jul 22, 2010 at 11:39 am

Nope, no horrendous-ness, just friends and family, eating what he’s asked for… shrimp kabobs and french fries and cake and ice cream. There might be some fun, badly played baseball involved, though.

Jul 22, 2010 at 11:36 am

A 5 year old’s party? Does it involve Chuck E. Cheese or a similarly horrendously noisy germ-laden ball-pitted cavalcade of horrors?

Jul 22, 2010 at 10:26 am

Um, Wade, before you call me, you’ll have to check your MBL messages to get my number.

Anyone else wanna’ join in the party we’re having for the 5 year old Sunday? (evil grin)

Jul 22, 2010 at 9:59 am

WADE!!!!!!!! STOP ! Call me! I’ll come get you! um… let’s see, how do I… hang on- I’ll find a way to post my # without revealing it to the ENTIRE interwebs.

(btw – any cif that already has my # is free to share it amongst the others at will)

Jul 22, 2010 at 9:40 am

Hey ((((cifs))))!

Wade – We are planning to go to DC in August for a family vaca. What are the chances you would reveal your true identity?

PS: CB, I had to comment on your type on the MT. I couldn’t help myself.

Jul 22, 2010 at 9:18 am

I’m better now.

The Warden’s A/C went down on Tuesday, so she spent Tuesday night with Ms. CB and me.

It’s taken me this long to regain a sense of self! LOL
    I love The Warden, but she’s a piece of work, I tell ya!

Gonna take a metabolic screen at work in the morning, should save my skinny self $300 a year on my health insurance.
    Blood pressure, lipids and (I think) body fat to be tested. Gotta fast until then…I’m hungry just thinking about it.

I have the ring!
    I’ll formally propose Friday night.

Jul 22, 2010 at 2:42 am

Wade, is that your note out there? :arrow: I remember you saying you submitted one a while ago. And say ‘ello to my friend Andre in Little Rock, not that he’s French – and I guess you could always email or look up tinks and ‘rilla on facebook ;)

Jul 21, 2010 at 11:02 pm

sorry (((Bunnee)))

if it helps i did wave as i skirted around the metroplex. ;)

i am currently in a hotel outside of little rock. i think i may be in rillaville though my hotel doesn’t have a dennys. :P

sadly i don’t have any way to contact her or Tink so i guess a mini-PANvention isn’t in the cards.

Jul 21, 2010 at 7:51 pm

Whatever it is, I think it’s breeding. This could be very bad.

Jul 21, 2010 at 2:32 pm

It is not! That sounds like written by certain somebody know!

Jul 21, 2010 at 1:30 pm

Hi (((Wo)))

Sorry. I have read it four times now and have absolutely no idea what it’s about.

My usual route to work has construction, so I’ve been taking a detour. There is a small business across the street from a dairy farm, which is called Biz Optiks. Tagline: Actionable Data. I find it terribly offensive.

Jul 21, 2010 at 12:45 pm

(((Glo))), is that email in Klingon or something? WTF? I had a headache before, but now it’s banging!

Jul 21, 2010 at 12:19 pm

Why Best-of-Breed Solutions
    are Becoming Extinct?

The expense and frustration of maintaining best-of-breed contact center technology has lead many companies to implement an All-in-One solution from Avtex. Before long the best-of-breed approach will be extinct in contact centers.
    Learn why over 3,500 Call Centers have deployed Interactive Intelligence All-in-One Platform

This one hour Webinar will discuss why best-of-breed solutions are becoming extinct and how your company can make the transition to an All-in-One Solution. You will hear about the benefits, comparisons and ROI information plus see a demonstration of the Interactive Intelligence All-in-One Platform.

Some of the business and technological
    differentiators we will cover are:

The Interactive Intelligence All-in-One Solution history
    (it’s been around longer than you think)

Functional differences between multi-point systems
    and an All-in-One Solution

Cost of ownership difference

Premise or Hosted available

A Bit of History:
    For over 25 years, Avtex has been nationally recognized and has won numerous awards as a Contact Center Applications and System Integrator. In the beginning, Avtex sold a lot of best-of-breed solutions but also understood firsthand the productivity and reporting issues with maintaining multiple systems. Avtex decided that there had to be a better way to run a contact center than having the 5-10 different best-of-breed technologies hard wired together.

About 15 years ago, Avtex became a believer in Interactive Intelligence and Dr. Don Brown’s vision of providing software based All-in-One Contact Center Solution that competed directly with best-of-breed products.

For the last 10 years, Avtex was awarded Interactive Intelligence’s “Platinum Elite Partner of the Year” selling more All-in-One Solutions than any other company worldwide.

Is this e-mail even in English?

Jul 21, 2010 at 11:50 am

Sorry to post and run, ((GloOi)), but it’s 11:30 and I really need to start my day. You know, brush teeth, shower, clean up the house, entertain my son somehow….Same old, same old. I know I haven’t been here a lot lately, but I do lurk to keep up with everyone! I miss y’all and I will check back in soon!

Kisses!

BSBE: Honey baked ham is the shiznit! :)

Jul 21, 2010 at 11:29 am

ha ha. I had special purpose with the word glo.
    btw you answered all my questions. Thanks!
    hi bunny!

Jul 21, 2010 at 11:03 am

The word “slakes” gives me the heebie-jeebies!

Morning, Bunnee. To know Wade is to wonder about him.

Jul 21, 2010 at 10:25 am

((CIFS))
    Is Wade perpetuating his man of mystery image by being in Texas and not visiting me?

pout

Jul 21, 2010 at 10:17 am

Thanks glo, wade and wo. that slakes my curiosity. I thank you glo for adding that blood bit in description. I am glad again that I don’t eat meat. No judgement though. It’s all about how you were raised. Pretty sure I have some eating preferences that might gross you out and you would not gross out if you were raised in my place.

Jul 21, 2010 at 9:32 am

Take ham (no, please, take it, I don’t want it). It can be salty, smokey, tinged with honey or maple in various degrees depending on how it was cured. It’s generally more on the dry side and kind of stringy. Most of the time when you get ham, you know it’s ham, like when you get an apple you know it’s an apple. But then someone slips you a smoked turkey sandwich on the sly (evil!) and you’re thinking you’re going to be eating turkey and you bite into it and you’re like WTF? because the smoked part makes it taste more like ham then like turkey. The texture of turkey is also kinda dry and stringy but finer and less chewy than ham.

Now take a nice steak (just kidding, I’m not going to share with you). I like mine rare or medium rare which means part of the taste is blood (sorry if this is grossing you out, oi) and part of the taste is the charred outside from the grill. I like a lot of pepper and other spices coating the outside, too, so that is part of the flavor of it. The texture of a good steak prepared my way is kind of like firm tofu, with a bit of chew to it. If you cook it well, then you have stringy again.

Jul 21, 2010 at 7:53 am

all i would add, oi, is that it is as much about texture as it is taste.

headed back to dc tomorrow. road trip!

Jul 20, 2010 at 9:47 pm

oi, different meats taste different from each other. All ham tastes like ham, etc. But different cooking methods and spices can really alter the taste of meat.

Jul 20, 2010 at 4:26 pm

ok question. So I have never eaten any kind of meat. Different meat(ham/beef/chicken) taste different from each other, right? If you are given meat, can you tell what kind of meat are you eating? What I mean is all ham have one basic taste? like all potato would have basic same taste that is different from any other vegetable or any other thing for that matter. of course this is before you add any spices. oh and do you like taste of meat or you like it because of all spices? I would not like any steamed veggies as it is. so I think it’s spices but i like fruits unadulterated.
    just curious.

Jul 20, 2010 at 3:36 pm

Hi, all! I need to trudge down to the basement again, but I thought I’d pop in. WotV, I had wondered where you had got to and had put out feelers (as you know from your blog). Will go add you now. Cool in Seattle. A/C is just not necessary. Perth is really not going to be an adjustment, but 17 ° c when it has a winter’s edge is a bit colder.

Jul 20, 2010 at 11:59 am